剧集 | 黑道家族(1999) | 导航列表
This thing gets on my nerves Don't get me started
这种事让我最反感了 最好别问我的意见
Well let's start with the idea of a parade for a genocidal colonial general
这个游♥行♥是为了 一位种族屠♥杀♥军官而举♥行♥的
A national holiday no less
虽然这是个国定假日
Such festivities are deeply offensive to us
我们认为这样的庆祝活动 对我们的伤害很大
These are pretty broad charges
这是个很严厉的指控
All I know
我只知道
is Italian Americans are extremely proud of Christopher Columbus...
住在美国的义大利人 都很为哥伦布感到骄傲
admiral of the ocean seas and a great Italian
他是个航海将军 也是伟大的义大利人
You know very well of the compromised position we put forth
你知道我们已作出了很大的让步
Now if you people wanna make it an Italian pride parade...
如果你们要将其 当作义大利人的荣耀游♥行♥
we have no problem with that
我们没意见
Western history says Columbus discovered America
但历史上的确记载着 是哥伦布发现了美洲大♥陆♥
The same America that put your people in bondage for three centuries
也是奴役了你们的人♥民♥ 三百年的美国
But every culture has had to bear the pain...
每个文化建立的过程中
in the making of what I think we can all agree
免不了会有一些痛苦 我想你我都会同意
is a startling economic miracle
来让这个国家展现经济奇迹
We cured polio I have to agree with Phil
我们治愈了小儿麻痹症 我不得不赞同菲尔
The right to vote Exactly
投票的权利 说得一点没错
Take my grandparents Two simple people from Sicily...
以我祖父母为例 两个来自西西里的平凡人
who braved the perilous middle passage...
勇敢的躲过中继站
Middle passage? That's the term for the slave trade
中继站? 是贩卖♥♥奴隶的另一种说法
Montel the Italian people in this country also have suffered discrimination
蒙特尔 义大利人在这个国家 也同样遭受歧视
Earth to Phil
实际点 菲尔
We're talking 300 years of slavery here
怎么也比不上三百年的奴役
Enough
真是够了
You okay Tony? You look a little muscia-moosh
你还好吗?东尼 你看来心情不太好
Uncle Jun's trial starts today
伯伯的案子今天开庭
First Soprano family trial in 16 years
16年来 索波诺家族 第一次有人遭到审判
We should go
我们该走了
The guys are gonna be at the other place
大家会先在另一个地点集♥合♥
Thank you for the cookies
谢谢你的饼干
And congratulations on that house
恭喜你买♥♥♥房♥♥子了
And I like the kitchen
我很喜欢你们的厨房♥
Take a strufoli
吃一个蜂蜜炸饼干 我不要
Be seated
坐下
Next case on the calendar...
下一个案子
United States of America versus Corrado John Soprano et al
美国政♥府♥控告 克拉多约翰索波诺等人
Any applications before I bring in the jury?
在我请陪审团进入之前 有任何提案吗?
No your honor Bring the jury
没有 庭上
Telephone charges on your last bill?
你上个月寄给我的电♥话♥费单
Cost me $40 every time you pick up the phone
每次你一拿起电♥话♥ 就得花我40块钱
I can't...
我不能
$2 380 last month alone
上个月就花了我2380元
I'm going to give you some preliminary instructions...
首先我要跟你说明
and explain the process by which we will try this case
本次审判进行的过程
The first order of business...
首先要进行的是
Looking out at this audience of proud strong beautiful women...
看看这群听众 有自信 坚强 美丽的女士
how far we have come in this American journey
可以看到 在这趟美国圆梦之旅中 我们付出了很多努力
Look how we've both preserved the tradition of our ancestors...
我们一方面 努力保留先祖留下来的传统
and managed to become new Italian-American women
另一方面也让自己转型为 新时代的美籍义大利妇女
Such flair we have added to our image
我们在形象上做了这么多努力
And yet America still sees us...
然而美国仍普遍把我们看做
as pizza makers and Mama Leones
只会做披萨的大肚婆
It is your job ladies to spread the word
各位女士 你们要让大家知道
Our grandmothers may have been dressed in black...
我们的祖母可能是穿全身黑衣
but we're in Moschino and Armani
但我们穿的可都是 莫斯基诺跟亚曼尼
For those who say Italian Americans eat smelly cheese
那些说我们义大利女人 只会吃臭起司
and sip cold wine...
喝劣质葡萄酒的人
tell them we're from the land of aromatic Asiago
告诉他们香甜的埃斯阿格起司
and supple Barolo
和名酒巴罗洛酒来自我们的家乡
If they say "Spaghetti and meatballs"...
如果他们只知道肉丸义大利面
you tell them "Orecchiette with broccoli rabe "
告诉他们还有青花菜猫耳朵面
If they say "John Gotti "
如果他们提到约翰葛提
you tell them "Rudolph Giuliani "
问他们认不认识朱里安尼市长
A Princeton study showed that 74 percent...
普林斯顿大学的研究显示 百分之74的美国人
of Americans associated Italian Americans with organized crime
提到美借义大利人就会联想到 有组织的犯罪行为
Why would they do this?
为什么他们会这么想?
Because of the way the media depict us
因为媒体在扭曲我们的形象
Again it is our job to make sure people know...
所以要靠我们自己去
the other side of Italian-American culture
让大众了解美借义大利人的另一面
The educated wage-earning law-abiding side
就是受过教育 努力工作 守法的那一面
Because isn't that who we truly are?
这才是真正的我们 不是吗?
Thank you
谢谢大家
Thank you Professor Murphy...
谢谢你 墨菲教授
or should I call you Professor Longo-Murphy?
还是我应该称呼你 朗格墨菲教授?
Longo as you don't call me late for dinner
随便什么都可以
Small point: Didn't I read about
我有一个小小的观点 最近我读到
a more recent study at Fairleigh Dickinson that found the opposite was true?
菲立狄更生大学的研究报告 跟您刚刚所说的相反
That the great majority of Americans recognize these are fictional portrayals?
就是大部分的美国人 已经了解那些看法其实都是虚构的?
We're still looking at the sample selection criteria used in that study
我们还在探究 这个研究中取样的代表性
Well thanks for an excellent talk
谢谢您精彩的演讲
And thank you all for attending today
谢谢大家今天来此聆听
Don't miss Professor Murphy's new book:
别错过墨菲教授的新书
Strega ' The Sorceress as Imago Figure in Italian Literature
《史特雷加:女巫在义大利文学中 扮演的角色》
And stick around for coffee and dessert
请留下来享用 咖啡和点心
courtesy of Cocuzzo's pastry shop
是科库佐面包店提供的
I'll say it that was totally uncalled for
我一定得说 这完全是无的放矢
Father Intintola's forgetting his friends
神父完全忘记了谁是他的朋友
It was outrageous I'm shocked
太过分了 太令人吃惊了
Everyone's entitled to their opinion
每个人都可以有自己的意见
Really though how dare he? After all you've done for this parish
他怎么可以这样? 你为这教区付出这么多
What are you gonna do?
你要怎么办?
I'm gonna cut him a new one
我得去跟他晓以大义
Father I don't know what to say I'm so upset
神父 我不知道该怎么说 我很不高兴
Why what's wrong? What's wrong?
为什么? 哪里有问题? 哪里有问题?
Carmela is one of your biggest supporters and friends
卡蜜拉是你最大的支持者 也是好朋友
How dare you let her suffer humiliation and embarrassment...
你怎么能让她遭到外人
at the hands of an outsider?
这般不堪的羞辱?
What do you mean? You know exactly what I mean
我不懂你的意思 你心知肚明
Unfortunately because of her husband's high profile in the waste industry...
因为她丈夫在废弃业很有名
she's the one who bears the brunt of insults
卡蜜拉只能 默默忍♥受这样的屈辱
But there were many of us who were equally offended
但我们当中很多人 也觉得很不舒服
I am sorry
我很抱歉
This is an open forum
这是个公开的论♥坛♥
You did hear me bring up that new study
你也听到我提起新的研究报告
If that's your idea of a good luncheon speaker...
如果这是你认为的好演讲者
I suggest you think about who really keeps...
我建议你好好想想
this parish alive year after year
这几年都是谁在支持你的教区
The size of your cities pain the eyes of the red man
你的城市建立在 原住民的苦痛之上
A man in your cities is numb to the stench...
你们已经嗅不到腐臭的气味
Go back to your reservation! Mussolini was Hitler's bitch!
滚回你的保护区 墨索里尼和希♥特♥勒♥是一丘之貉
Go back!
滚回去
In the words of Chief Seattle '
西雅图酋长说
"For the last Red Man shall have perished...
"即使最后一个原住民消失
"and the memory of my tribe...
我的部落传奇
"shall have become a myth among the White Men..."
仍将永远 留在白种人的记忆中"
Take your tom-toms and get out of here! You son of a bitch!
带着你的通通鼓离开吧 你们这些狗♥娘♥养♥的无赖
"...these shores these woods
"从海边到森林
the highway will swarm with the invisible dead of our people!
高速公路上将充满 我们族人的英灵
The White Man will never be alone!"
会永远跟着白种人"
This is Newark baby we don't play that shit!
这里是纽瓦克 我们不跟你们搞这一套
And that better not be Columbus!
那最好不是哥伦布!
Take it down He's going to burn...
把他拿下来! 他将会被烧死
the way our ancestors did! Go sit down cupcake!
就像我们的先祖一样 你坐下 亲爱的!
We're not taking anything down!
我们是不会拿下来的
We're gonna fucking hang you up there!
我要把你吊在上面
Break it up!
别打了
Let's break it up!
别打了
We will make arrests!
住手 不然我们要抓人了
What the fuck is this Joey? They got a permit Sil
这是什么回事?乔伊 他们有活动许可 席尔
剧集 | 黑道家族(1999) | 导航列表