but who am I to say no to a raise, hmm?
但是我凭什么要对升职说不呢 嗯
Even that bag of bones
连那袋老骨头
got a second interview and Irene didn't?
都得到了第二轮面试 Irene却没有
Tamra, Tamra.
Tamra Tamra
What's up, Dr. L?
怎么了 L医生
You need a shot of penicillin again?
你需要再来一针盘尼西林吗
You're gonna become immune.
你会免疫的
Can you believe that old-ass Dr. Ledreau
你能相信吗 那个老混♥蛋♥Ledreau
got a second interview for the head of OB?
都得到了妇产科主任的第二轮面试资格
Yeah, so?
好吧 所以呢
So? That is unfair.
所以的确是不公平
He is terrible.
他糟透了
He only congratulates mothers when it's a boy.
只有生下的是男孩他才恭喜新妈妈
Meanwhile, Dr. Lee wasn't even considered,
而同时Lee医生甚至不在他们考虑的范围
and she's amazing.
尽管她这么优秀
Doesn't that make you mad?
你难道不生气吗
Not really.
没怎么
I mean, I'm hella used to it.
因为我已经习惯了
It's just one of those annoying racist things
这只是又一宗白人常见的
white people do.
恼人的种族歧视事件
Like assuming I voted for Obama.
就跟想当然地认为我投票给奥巴马一样
I mean, I did, but it wasn't easy
我的确投了 但是并不容易
given his support of public sector intervention
鉴于他竟然支持公共部门
in the energy market.
干预能源市场
Just doesn't make any sense.
这么做不合理啊
I know, it's like let the invisible hand do its thing.
对吧 让隐形的手操控一切不就好了
Uh...
呃
Tamra, can I... can I tell you something?
Tamra 能不能 我能不能跟你说句话
Come here.
过来
What?
什么
I am not a white dude.
我不是白人男生
I'm a woman of color
我是一个被困在白人男性身体里的
trapped inside the body of a Caucasian male.
有色人种女性
Oh, my goodness.
哦 我的天哪
Oh, my goodness.
噢 我的天哪
I have been waiting my whole life
我一生都在等待着
for someone to confide something like this to me.
有一天某人向我坦白这种事情
The gender part.
关于性别这事
The racial part is offensive, and I cannot,
种族的那部分太冒犯人了 我不能忍♥
but I'm on board.
但算我一个
Thank you, Tamra.
谢谢 Tamra
But what I really want is for Dr. Lee
但我真正想要的
to get the job she deserves.
是让Lee医生得到她该得到的位置
Can you help me?
你能帮我吗
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
能 能 能 当然能
I don't even care as long as I'm not the one
反正天塌了也落不到我头上
who has to learn a lesson.
我一点也不在意
Ugh, this is worse than I thought.
呃 这比我想的还糟
Hi.
嗨
Oh, hey.
嘿
Are you here for sloppy joe day?
你是为了碎牛肉汉堡来的么
I got a second one to share with my cats at home.
我还点了一个和我家猫分享
Irene, you deserve the head of the department job
Irene 你理应得到部门主管这个职位
more than me or Jody or maybe anyone,
胜过我或Jody或者任何其他人
and we are gonna help you get it.
我们会帮你的
I don't know.
我不知道
I mean, I got an interview.
我是说 我面试过了
I thought I did a good job.
我以为我做的不错
I double-bagged on undershirts for my sweating.
我穿了两层打底衫免得我出汗
I think they just found someone better.
我想他们有更好的选择
No, they don't know what they're doing.
不 他们不知道自己在干嘛
The system is completely rigged by those honkies.
这个体制被那些白鬼子操纵了
Please.
拜托
I just don't want to be that pushy woman
我不想成为那种强势的女人
who thinks she's so qualified.
认为自己很有资格
Also, I'm treated well.
而且 他们对我不错
Look how they loaded my joe.
你看他们给我做的碎牛肉汉堡
No extra charge.
都没额外收费
You can't just sit back
你不能这么退缩
and let them treat you like you're invisible.
让他们把你当隐形人
Where-where'd you go?
你去哪了
Sorry, I was bussing my table.
我在收拾我桌子
Well, if the system is so rigged,
好吧 如果体制被♥操♥纵了
what's the point of even trying?
尝试还有什么意义呢
Well...
好吧
As a white man, I cannot say what I want to say
作为白人男性 我不能说我想说的
because I could get sued.
我会被起诉的
So, Tamra, will you please explain the problem here?
Tamra 可以请你解释下这个问题吗
Girl, you can't dress like a loser
姐们 你不能穿的像个失败者
and expect to make it in the patriarchy.
还期待在父系社会成功
You don't see Michelle Obama exercising with school kids
你没看见米歇尔欧巴马和学生一块运动的时候
in a cat sweater and flip-flops.
穿着猫咪T恤和拖鞋吧
It's like you're trying to look bad.
就像你故意看起来很糟一样
Let us help you.
让我们帮你吧
Okay, I'll try.
好吧 我试试
Step one, you have to look good
第一步 你得看起来很漂亮
to be treated good.
如果你想被好好对待
White people can look like garbage
白人可以看起来像垃圾
and still be treated well.
仍然被认真对待
Look at Adam Sandler.
看看Adam Sandler
He wear swim trunks to the Oscars.
他在奥斯卡颁奖典礼上穿泳裤
You have to work harder.
你得努力点
I don't really pay attention to fashion.
我真的不在意时尚
Really? I thought your outfit came straight from Milan.
真的吗 我以为你的衣服都是直接从米兰来的
Actually, most of my clothes
事实上 大部分我的衣服
are from the hospital's lost and found.
都是从医院的遗失物招领处来的
Oh, God, I give up.
哦天 我放弃
I mean, I don't give up.
我是说 我不放弃
You're my altruistic mission.
你是我的无私任务
But in the words of Jerry Maguire,
不过用<甜心先生>里的话说
help me help you.
帮我就是帮你
I love that movie!
我爱那部电影
Bonnie Hunt is my style icon.
Bonnie Hunt是我的时尚偶像
I can tell from your reaction that was a bad thing to say.
我看你的反应能猜出来我不该那么说
I really want this job.
我真的很想要这份工作
Tell me what to wear. I'll do it.
告诉我穿什么 我会照做
Okay, now you're learning.
好吧 现在你在学习
Step two, take the "Personal"
第二步 把人
out of "Personnel."
从专业人士中分离出来
As a woman, the men interviewing you
作为女性 面试你的男性
are gonna get hung up on your work/life balance.
会咬住你的工作生活平衡不放
Don't let them.
别让他们得逞
What if they ask me about my cats?
如果他们问起我的猫呢
They do take up a lot of my time.
它们确实占了我很多时间
Especially Aragorn.
特别是Aragorn
Don't talk about Aragorn.
不要谈Aragorn
Now for steps three and four: T and A.
现在是第三第四步 胸和屁♥股♥
So you know a secret weapon us women can hold over men
所以你知道我们女性能控制男性的秘密武器
is sex appeal.
是性吸引力
Go like that.
就这样
My doctor told me I don't have that.
我医生告诉我我没有这东西
Oh, no, no, sexy isn't just about looks.
哦不不 性感不只是外表
It's about confidence.
是一种自信
If you think you look good, others will catch on.
如果你认为你很漂亮 其他人就被吸引
I guess I could try to be confident.
我想我可以试着自信些
Exactly, yes.
就是这样
See now, as a guy, I have to spend most of my energy
看到吗 作为男人 我得把大部分精力
trying not to stare at your cleavage.
放在不要盯着你的乳♥沟♥上
Voila.
可不是
I'm already off my game.
我已经出局了
剧集 | 明迪烦事多(2012) | 导航列表