剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
before you addressed my daughter?
我一时冲昏头了
I suppose I was carried away.
答桉是否定的
Well, the answer is no.
葛莱蒂不愿意嫁给你
Gladys will not agree to be your wife.
就这样?
Is that it?
能给我机会说明吗?
Am I to have no chance to put my case?
我带了一些文件,证明我的财力
I've brought papers proving my financial status
我会继承母亲六一街的房♥子
and I'll inherit my mother's house on 61st Street
所以葛莱蒂会住娘家对面
so Gladys's home would be right across from yours.
你想展示什麽都行
You are welcome to show me what you like.
反正我不忙
I am not in a hurry.
但我的决定不会改变
But nothing will alter my conclusion.
我是真的很爱她
You know that I am very much in love with her?
这我倒不知道
Well, that is what I do not quite know.
说爱是正确的
But you are right to claim it
我也坚持女儿必须为爱而结婚
since a love match is the one thing I am determined on for her.
-那麽我保证‥ -好了
Then I can assure you that I do... - Please.
你既没说服她,自然无法说服我
You have not convinced her, and you will not convince me.
或许你真心喜欢她
I think you may genuinely like her
希望跟她过幸福的日子
and that you intended her to be happy in her life with you.
-我完全‥ -让我把话说完
More than I can... - Let me finish.
我知道城裡的教堂
I understand these marriages of convenience
充斥着为利益结婚的新人
take place in every fashionable church in this city.
-但我重视子女的幸福 -当然是,我能保证‥
But I want more than that for my child.Of course you do, and I can only assure...
到此为止吧,凡瑞恩先生
Let us leave it there, Mr. van Rhijn.
你可以走了
And now you should go.
听玛丽安说起你的遭遇 我们都很难过
We were so very sad when Marian told us your news.
谢谢您
Thank you.
我们会为你祈祷
Our prayers are with you
若有什麽帮得上忙的地方‥
but if there's anything else we can do...
说真的,我希望自己忙一点
If you mean it, I'd really like to be busy again.
若能有帮助的话
Well, I'd be more than happy
我很欢迎你回来工作
to welcome you back here, if that would help.
太好了
Hurray!
我试过几个人,没人比得上你
I've tried a few others but no one measured up to you, Miss Scott.
我就说吧
I told you.
我很乐意回来
Well, I'd like to come back
但与阿姆斯壮小姐嫌隙未解
but there is still the matter of Miss Armstrong.
这事交给我
Leave Armstrong to me.
我会跟她说明今后的状况
I shall explain to her the way things are going to be.
你何时能开始?
So, when can you start?
随时都可以,但要先知会我父母
Right away, I think. But I need to speak with my parents.
理当如此
Of course.
承蒙各位拨冗前来
This is good of you all to waste your time on me.
客气了,布连夫人
Oh, no, Mrs. Blane.
我们该感谢您 愿意给年轻的罗素机会
You're the kind one to give young Master Russell here a chance.
容我介绍他和母亲罗素夫人
May I introduce him and his mother, Mrs. George Russell?
麦卡里斯特先生说的没错 太感谢您了
Mr. McAllister is right. You're very generous.
别客气
It's my pleasure.
我们进去吧
Let's go in.
从这裡开始吧
晨间起居室
I think we should start through here, in the morning room.
这个小房♥间只能容纳四人
These little rooms, big enough for a gathering of four...
用处不大吧?
what was the point of them?
先夫喜欢小房♥间
My husband liked small rooms.
他说容易保暖
He said it was the only way to keep warm
又省钱
without breaking the bank.
可惜缺乏好客氛围
They don't reek of hospitality.
跟他的人一样
Nor did he.
又一间兔笼子
Another rabbit hutch.
夫人笑了,是个好的开始
He makes her laugh, which is always a promising start.
谢谢你帮忙安排
It was good of you to arrange this.
朋友之道啊
What are friends for?
我带你们去看客厅
Let me show you the drawing room.
那裡稍微大一点,至少算好事
It's a little less cramped, which is something, I suppose.
还不错
It's not too bad.
但是很‥
But it's very...
该怎麽形容呢?
what's the word I'm looking for?
单调,枯燥乏味?
Drab? Dreary?
壁炉看起来像老祖母的品味
The chimneypiece looks as if his grandmother chose it.
虽不中,亦不远矣
She did. Almost.
他姑妈送的
It came from his aunt.
她爱繁複花色,他则爱省钱
She liked decorations, and he liked saving money.
姑妈过世后就原封搬来了
So, when she died, he used it in here.
真令人沮丧
How depressing.
你的建议是什麽?
Well, what would you suggest?
起居室需要光线
亮一点,空间大一点
Well, the thing these rooms need is light.
这是需要下功夫的地方
More light and more space. That's what we have to figure out.
改建后会很适合开宴会
But it will be a great place for parties when we're done.
我决定了
Well, it's settled.
赖瑞‥可以叫你赖瑞吗?
Larry, may I call you Larry?
改建工作就交给他了
Is going to undertake the work.
这麽快?
What? Surely you need more time to make a decision.
您需要时间考虑一下吧
不妨先到我家
Wouldn't you like to come to our house
看看他的技艺再说
and see what he's done there?
母亲,别劝退她
Don't talk her out of it, Mother.
不会的,我向来依直觉行事
Oh, she won't. I always operate on instinct, Mrs. Russell.
直觉告诉我要雇用赖瑞
And my instinct tells me to hire Larry.
-你何时能开始? -立刻
When could you start? - Straight away. Oh, one thing.
对了,我12号♥得去看 纽波特草地网球锦标赛
I'm going to the Newport Lawn Tennis Tournament on the twelfth.
当天必须请假
So, I'll have to take the day off.
我哈佛同学参加比赛 我答应去加油
A friend of mine from Harvard is playing
- and I've sworn to be there. - I can't remember
我都记不得上次何时去赌场
when I was last at the casino.
先夫不喜欢运动赛事
My husband didn't like sports of any kind
我也跟着澹出了
and I suppose I got out of the habit.
欢迎你跟我一起去
Well, you're welcome to come with me.
真的吗?
Really?
你们那群不都是年轻人吗?
Aren't you going with a rather young crowd?
那麽他们会很高兴见到布连夫人
Well, then they'll be glad to see Mrs. Blane.
-我两点到你家 -十二点就来吧
I'll come for you at two. - Make it twelve.
我们先吃午餐
And I'll give you some luncheon first.
反正在之前也会见面
But I'll see you before then.
我带你们去看楼上的房♥间
Now, let me show you the rooms upstairs.
-这边请 -我建议汰换掉‥
Just this way.
We can also replace...
说人家年纪太大不适合看网球
I'm not sure it's terribly helpful to suggest that Mrs.
似乎不太妥当 我怕她困在一群
Blane is too old to watch tennis.I just didn't want her to be trapped
大呼小叫的哈佛学生中
in a crowd of shouting young men from Harvard.
我觉得她会很开心的
Oh, I think she'll enjoy it.
对了,我有个主意
By the way, I've had an idea
或许能在歌♥剧院之战帮你一把
which could be useful for you in the opera war.
最好别让阿斯特夫人知道
You better not tell Mrs. Astor.
我的好夫人,我只是分享消息
Dear lady, I am only sharing information.
那更别告诉阿斯特夫人
And you'd better not tell Mrs. Astor about it.
你听过约书亚温特顿吗?
Now, have you heard of Joshua Winterton?
他是位老贵族
He has old money
首开来纽波特盖别舍之风
and one of the first "cottages" to be built here.
他丧妻多年
Anyway, he's been a widower for years
近日订婚不久即再婚
and now has astonished the town
震惊不少人
by getting married after a short engagement.
因为是闪婚,大家都没见过新娘
So short, in fact, that no one has met her yet.
他在学院有包厢了 何必捲入歌♥剧院之战?
Doesn't he have a box at the Academy? Why would they want to get involved with the opera war?
话是没错
He has one, yes
但他夫人年轻且爱好交游
but I'm told his wife is young and likes to play
学院对她而言或许太沉闷
so she may find the Academy crowd a little stuffy.
没理由不在大都会也拿间包厢
And there's no reason
why they couldn't take a box at the Metropolitan as well.
你说他很有钱?
And he has money, you say?
可说是金山银山呢
Oh, lots and lots and lots of it.
等我在赌场办宴会再介绍你们认识
I'll introduce you when I give my ball at the casino.
对了,别戴王冠
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表