剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
Mr. Russell is not bankrupting a railroad.
这次大家终于站在同立场
For once, we're on the same side.
此言甚是
He's right.
大家该高兴才是
Let us enjoy the sensation.
他们用货运路线威胁我
They tried to target my freight traffic
甚至封锁了几条
and shut some down.
-你没让步吧? -绝不能
But you didn't give in? - We can't give in.
否则他们一定会得寸进尺
The list of what they want will grow with every concession.
房♥子,医疗,降低工时,提高薪资
Houses, medical care, less work, more pay
居然敢要求每天八小时工时
they want an eight-hour workday, for God's sake!
还要求安全措施,以为是幼儿园吗?
Safety measures that make a child's nursery look dangerous.
重点是我们不能让步
The point is we can't back down
否则毕生建立的事业将会失控
or we'll lose control of everything we've spent our lives building.
这次我们得团结起来
For once, we must stand together
要改变也是我们说了算,不是他们
and introduce change when we decide, not them.
他们是暴民 要用对付暴民的方式
They're a rabble, so treat them like a rabble.
大不了花钱雇用半数劳工
If it comes to it, I'll hire half the working class
把另一半杀了
to kill the other half.
-谢谢 -再见了
Thank you. - Goodbye, Aurora
感谢二位招待,今天很尽兴
And thank you both. This has been lovely.
非常完美的茶宴
Everything was so charming.
感谢赏脸才是
Oh, our pleasure. We're so glad you could come.
爱格舅妈,请暂时留步
Aunt Agnes, could I hold you back for one more minute?
我找到法兰丝了 她想向您打招呼
I've found Frances, and she wants to say hello.
真高兴看到你
How nice to see you, my dear.
爱格舅婆好,艾达舅婆好
Aunt Agnes, Aunt Ada, how are you?
你的记性真好
You have a good memory, that's clear.
布鲁克小姐,你怎麽在这裡?
Miss Brook? What are you doing here?
你怎麽会认识?
How do you know Miss Brook?
她是我在圣马利的老师
Oh, she's my teacher at Saint Mary's.
什麽?
What?
我在圣马利教水彩画
I teach watercolors at Saint Mary's.
每个星期四
On Thursdays.
星期几不重要
The day is immaterial.
你知道学生是达许的女儿吗?
Did you know you were teaching Dashiell's daughter?
怎麽会知道,我们今天才认识
How could she? We've only just met.Yes.
我们回家吧 很高兴见到大家
We should go, but it's good to see you all.
改天到家裡来玩
Come and call on us.
所以你跟鲍尔太太 在普奥战争会是敌对状态?
So you and Mrs. Bauer would've been on opposite sides in the war of 1866?
会啊,我老家是汉诺威 隶属奥帝国
Yes. I'm from Hanover, which fought with Austria
韦伯小姐是柏林人,即普鲁士首都
and Miss Weber is from Berlin, the capital of Prussia.
欧洲怎麽不学学美国?
Why can't Europe be like America?
因为欧洲跟美国完全不同
Because Europe is nothing like America.
别介意我这麽说
I hope you don't mind my saying so
你当罗素夫人的侍女似乎太年轻
but you seem very young to be a lady's maid to Mrs. Russell.
我只是暂代,她还在找人
I'm standing in until she finds a new one.
我是葛莱蒂小姐的侍女
I'm Miss Gladys's maid.
她已正式踏入社交圈
Now she's out and enjoying the season
你肯定每晚都帮她穿晚宴服
you must be dressing her in glamorous ball gowns every night.
罗素夫人把女儿看得很紧
Mrs. Russell keeps her daughter on a tight rein.
是怕男人觊觎她家的钱吧
I suppose she's afraid of fortune hunters.
这种人纽约到处都是
Of which there are plenty in New York.
我可没说是谁
Naming no names.
-主子回来了 -我先走了
They're back. - I'd better go.
-鲍尔太太,谢谢咖啡招待
Thank you for my coffee, Mrs. Bauer.
-不客气
Right.
-有机会再见面?
I hope we meet again.
-好啊
I'd like that.
圣马利学校历史悠久而且声誉好
Saint Mary's is an old school, and very well-respected.
就算是华盛顿念的学校也一样
I don't care if it's where George Washington learned to read!
我教青少女绘画,
I teach nice young ladies to paint.
哪裡会不得体?
What could be more respectable?
既然如此,为何不敢说?
If you thought so, then why did you keep it a secret?
我知道您会生气
Because I knew you'd be angry.
艾达,你为何不阻止她?
Ada, why didn't you stop her?
我做得了什麽?
Me? What could I have done?
你何时知道这件事?
When did you find out about it?
跟你一样今天下午
This afternoon. Like you.
你藐视我俩,倒是挺公平的
So your contempt for us both was at least consistent.
我没有藐视任何人
I don't have contempt for anyone.
达许表亲也没因此件事不悦
And it doesn't seem to bother cousin Dashiell
奥萝拉也没有
that I teach at his daughter's school. Or Aurora.
因为他们觉得你很可悲
They feel sorry for you. That's all.
你错了
You're wrong.
不是每个人都跟你一样残忍♥恶毒
Not everyone is as cruel and mean spirited as you!
玛丽安‥ - 我不希望你
Marian... - Is it cruel to mind it
坏了家门声誉也叫残忍♥?
when you stamp on our name and drag it in the mud!
闪一边去
Now, get out of my way!
我看你还是别教了吧?
I suppose you have to drop it now.
不行
No, I won't.
我答应了校长,
I've given my word to the headmistress
绝不能食言
and I'm not going to break it!
这样家裡气氛会很僵
Then things may be uncomfortable.
那又怎样?
So what?
我不要当笼中鸟
I won't be put in a cage!
艾达小姐,一切还好吧?
Is everything all right, Miss Ada?
没事
Yes, Bannister.
我听到争吵声,这在家裡很少见
Only I heard shouting, which is unusual in this house.
是很少见
It was unusual, yes.
但我觉得,偶尔吵吵
But every now and then
各自抒发♥情♥绪,未尝不是好事
I wonder if it isn't good to shout a little and let off steam.
夫人找我?
You sent for me, ma'am. - I should be changing
我去更衣前要确认细节都顾到了
but I need you to tell me that everything is taken care of.
放心,都处理好了
Everything is taken care of, ma'am.
您去库辛夫人家用餐那天都排练过了
We did a dry run the night that you dined with Mrs. Cushing.
订的货和借来的男僕都到了吗?
And the deliveries, the extra footmen, they've all arrived?
夫人上楼更衣吧
Madam, please go up and change.
这裡交给我就行
And leave this to me.
我♥干♥嘛答应做舒芙蕾
I am such a fool to have agreed to a souffle.
每十分钟就得重做一批
We'll have to keep making new batches at 10 minute intervals
宾客需要时才上桌,
then only serve them as they're wanted
其他都丢掉
and throw the rest away.
华生先生,准备好了吗?
Mr. Watson, are you ready?
好像倒太多乾红葡萄酒
I think so. I may have decanted too much of the Claret
太多总比不够好
but better too much than too little.
邱区先生,我要总检查
Mr. Church, I'm doing a final check.
你打扮得美极了
How nice you look.
我担心和那群人往来对你有害
I'd say that I fear it may harm you to be seen in that company
但你肯定会认为我既残忍♥且恶毒
but I know you will only think me cruel and mean spirited.
玛丽安不是有意的
Marian didn't mean what she said.
是吗?
Really?
我说得太过分了
我认错
I spoke too harshly. I admit that.
爱格也想道歉
Agnes is sorry too.
对吧?
Aren't you?
班尼斯特会护送你到对面
Bannister will escort you across the street.
玛丽安布鲁克小姐到
Miss Marian Brook.
她可爱嘛?
Isn't she lovely?
奥萝拉
Aurora, hello.
蒙哥马利先生
Mr. Montgomery. - Miss Brook.
我不晓得你也要来
You never said you were coming to this.
他本来不知道 查尔斯临时接到通知
He didn't know, but Charles was summoned to Washington
明天要去华盛顿开会
for a last-minute meeting tomorrow.
我请达许代替他来
I asked Dashiell to take his place.
凡瑞恩家族人面广 您肯定获益不少
I must say the van Rhijn connection makes you all into quite a club.
你也是成员之一啊
Of which you are a member.
我只是姻亲,不是血亲
By marriage, not by blood.
那也没什麽不好的
Well, there's nothing wrong with that.
-布鲁克小姐晚安 -罗素夫人好
Good evening, Miss Brook. - Mrs. Russell.
下午承蒙你款待葛莱蒂
Gladys enjoyed her tea with you.
你不能来真可惜,但我能理解
I'm sorry you couldn't come, but of course I quite understand.
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表