剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
布莉琪,过来帮我
Bridget, come and help me.
老实说,我很惊讶
I confess, I am surprised.
因为我帮了你?
That I did you a favor?
倒不是为了这个
No, not exactly.
我很惊讶夫人居然让你回来
I'm surprised you were allowed back into this house.
阿姆斯壮小姐,我不想跟你吵架
I have no quarrel with you, Miss Armstrong.
是真心话
I mean it.
但我奉劝你别找架跟我吵
But I promise, you do not want one with me.
麦克尼尔先生的事你说对了
You were right about Mr. McNeil.
他来信说想见我
He's written, asking to meet me.
怎麽回事?
What's it all about?
麦克尼尔先生是我的女婿 他妻子是我女儿
Mr. McNeil is my son-in-law. His wife is my daughter.
什麽?
What?
所以你服侍自己的孩子用餐?
So, you waited on your own child at dinner?
我真不该请你帮忙
I'm sorry to have asked that of you.
你又不知情
You weren't to know.
我的过去跟现在很不一样
My life... was very different, once.
可想而知
Obviously.
你打算怎麽办?
So, how will you manage things?
万一给人知道父亲是贴身侍者
They can't entertain if it becomes public knowledge
他们便无颜社交
that her father is dressing Mr. Russell.
所以麦克尼尔先生才要见我
I imagine that's why Mr. McNeil wants to meet me.
那麽你还是去赴约比较好
Then I suggest you should keep the appointment.
场面真壮观
This is splendid.
感谢大驾光临
I'm glad you were able to come.
我巴不得能离开纽约
I was desperate to get away from New York.
大家仍对你的歌♥剧晚宴津津乐道
They're still talking about your opera party.
我受邀担任募款会主席
I've had an invitation to be the chairman of their fundraising.
这样啊?
Have you, indeed?
还要负责找包厢主人
I'm to find takers for the boxes.
歌♥剧之战越演越烈
So, the war is heating up.
-我得小心行事 -何必呢?
This needs some thought. -Why?
怕人看见你跟赢家领袖站在一起?
Are you afraid to be seen with the leader of the winning side?
话别说得太早
Don't be too sure.
阿斯特夫人没那麽容易被击倒
There's still plenty of fight left in Mrs. Astor.
那麽双方势均力敌
Then we're evenly matched,
你得选边站才行
and you'll need to pick a team.
倒也不见得
Not necessarily.
万一阿斯特夫人赢了 便不会怀疑我的忠诚
If Mrs. Astor wins, then I will have been loyal all along.
万一我赢了呢?
And if I win?
那我就是帮她接受失败的益友
Then I will be the friend to help Mrs. Astor accept defeat.
很聪明,但你会帮我吗?
Clever. But will you help me?
用我自己的方式
In my way.
比方说今晚介绍你认识温特顿夫妇
To start with, you'll meet the Wintertons this evening.
很好,我打算听你的
Good. I'm going to tempt her with your plan
说服他们在两边各取包厢
and persuade her to take a box in both houses.
阿斯特夫人会作何感想?
What will Mrs. Astor say to that?
以后就知道了
Well, no doubt we'll find out.
-二位男士好 -麦卡里斯特先生好
Gentlemen. - Mr. McAllister.
是芬恩夫人和布鲁克小姐
There's Mrs. Fane and Miss Brook.
玩得开心点
Enjoy your evening.
这是我另一位表亲
Here's my other cousin,
奥斯卡凡瑞恩先生
Mr. Oscar van Rhijn.
这位是茉德彼顿小姐
May I introduce you to Miss Maud Beaton?
幸会
How do you do?
大名很耳熟
Your name rings a bell.
你认识家母吗?
Do you know my mother?
我听说过令堂
I've heard of your mother.
不久前德瑞索夫人曾提起
Mrs. Drexel spoke about her the other day.
她说的都是好话
All good, I hasten to add.
我很欣赏德瑞索家
I love the Drexels.
你在纽波特与他们同住?
Are you staying with them while you're in Newport?
我住费许夫人附近的朋友家
No, with some friends who live near Mrs. Fish.
前几天才去过她的派对
I was at her party last night.
真可惜我没去
I'm sorry I missed it.
怪在我们从来没见过?
But I wonder why our paths have never crossed 'til now.
大概因为我一直住在欧洲
Probably because I've been living in Europe.
大多时候是住在巴黎
In Paris, mostly.
-你喜欢巴黎吗?
How was that?
很喜欢,但巴黎人除外
Well, Paris is wonderful, apart from the Parisians.
至少我们有共同点了
We can agree on that, at least.
布鲁克小姐 -又见面了
Miss Brook, hello again.
-你好
Hello.
终于甩掉网球赛时 那位追求者了吗?
Are you free of your unwanted suitor at the tennis match?
别再提了
Don't remind me.
你将来能自己选择伴侣吗?
Will they let you choose for yourself in the future?
不太可能
I doubt it.
我俩同病相怜
You're not alone in that.
赖瑞,你好
Larry, hello.
-又见面了
Ah, it's you again.
您好
It's nice to see you.
记得布鲁克小姐?
You remember Miss Brook?
记得,她是你的邻居
Of course. The next-door neighbor.
您找我有事呢?
What were you going to say?
寇温夫妇也来了,说想聘请你
Only that the Cowans are here and I think they might have a job for you.
那你快过去吧
Then you must go.
柯林斯小姐,你好。
Oh, Miss Collins, hello.
跟我说说彼顿小姐
Tell me about Miss Beaton.
该怎麽说呢
It's complicated.
她名义上的父亲是已故约翰彼顿
Officially, her father was the late John Beaton
据说她亲生父亲是杰伊古尔德
but I've heard it said that her real father is Jay Gould
他也很关照她
and he takes an interest in her.
我不清楚真♥相♥为何
I have no idea if it's true, of course
但她确实很富有,
but she certainly seems to have a great deal of money
出手阔绰
at her disposal.
所以你才介绍我们认识
Which is why you introduced us.
拜託别让我后悔
Please don't make me regret it.
不管身世为何,她是个好女人
She's a nice woman, whatever the truth about her.
而且她人面很广
And she goes everywhere.
她母亲呢?
What about her mother?
据说娘家是史岱文森,但过世了
I'm told she was a Stuyvesant, but she's dead now.
所以茉德才到法国疗伤止痛
That was why Maud went to France, to get over it.
她好像在纽约聘请了陪护
I think she has a sort of paid companion in New York.
听起来既合适又迷人
It sounds suitable and charming.
除非真心,否则不要乱追求人家
You must only pursue her if your heart is really in it.
你也知道,我向来都是真心的
You know me. I am all heart.
-蒙哥马利先生 -我想你应该会来
Mr. Montgomery. - I thought I might find you here
若还没回纽约的话
if you hadn't gone back to New York.
我明天回去,礼拜一学校开学
I'm going home tomorrow. School starts again on Monday.
别忘了,回纽约后
Then I want to remind you
我还欠你一顿饭
that I owe you a treat when we're back.
都说了不用那麽客气
I've told you, there's no need.
看大家的舞姿真曼妙啊
Oh, how beautiful they look, dancing.
-可以请你跳支舞吗? -这个嘛‥
May I ask you to dance with me? - Well...
布鲁克小姐,跟我跳支舞吧?
Can I claim this dance, Miss Brook?
你还在纽波特啊,摩根先生?
Oh, you're still in Newport, Mr. Morgan?
我想跟你跳支舞
And I'd like to dance with you.
太可惜了
Oh, that would be so nice
我才答应了蒙哥马利先生
but I've just accepted Mr. Montgomery.
你们在这裡啊,罗素先生夫人
There you are. Mr. and Mrs. Russell
容我介绍‥温特顿夫妇
may I present Mr. and Mrs. Winterton?
你们有许多共通点,
You all should know each other.
应该认识一下
You have so much in common.
当然好
I'm sure.
我们先随麦卡里斯特先生 去认识其他人了
But for now, we must continue in Mr. McAllister's wake.
你以前的贴身侍女 现在成了纽波特的邻居?
Your former lady's maid is now your neighbor in Newport?
这就是美国
Welcome to America.
父亲,您都没说话
Father, you're very quiet.
-有什麽好说的 -什麽也别说
What is there to say? - Nothing.
等回家关起门来再说
Until we're alone and back at the house.
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表