剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
大概有事耽搁了
He's been held up.
我想他会尽快赶回来
I'm sure he'll come as soon as he can.
约翰,传信给他了吗?
John, you delivered the note?
我交给家仆了,奥斯卡少爷不在家
I gave it to his man, but Mr. Oscar wasn't home, ma'am.
大概是塞在半路上
Perhaps he's having trouble getting about the city.
全城的人都出来看开桥典礼
People are out everywhere, all because of the bridge.
老实说,我儿在此时通常帮不上忙
The truth is, my son is no good in times like these.
或许因此选择避开
Perhaps that's why he stays away.
达许,快请坐
Dashiell, please do sit down.
玛丽安,招待他喝茶
Marian, get him some tea.
了不起,你不觉得吗?
Remarkable, don't you think?
钱已经领走了
The money's gone.
八成是我一离开,就去兑现支票
They must have cashed the check the moment
I left the building.
银行都没人起疑?
And nobody questioned it?
行员问过经理
They asked the manager.
但他认得我的签名,我也没通报异状
But since he knew my writing, and I'd made no complaints,
他就核准了
he let it through.
报♥警♥了吗?
What about the police?
会去报,但旷日费时
I'll report it, but it could take years,
我也证明不了犯罪行迹
and it's unlikely I could prove a crime had been committed.
警方终会束手无策
They'd say they tried their best,
公♥司♥早已倒闭
but the company went under.
真是太不幸了
I'm so very sorry.
可悲的是,我是真心喜欢她
The sad thing is, I really liked her.
虽然谈不上爱
I'm not pretending I was in love or anything,
但我俩相处愉快,
but she was good company.
总是开心谈笑
She made me laugh.
还真以为我俩能幸福
I really thought we could be happy.
你是指得过且过吧
You mean happy enough.
怎没跟其他人一样出门凑热闹?
Why aren't you out making merry with the rest of the city?
还以为来会扑个空
I never thought you'd be here when I came.
我才不想跟全曼哈顿人
I didn't want to fight with the whole of Manhattan
争出租车
to get a cab.
现在看来,幸好我在家
And now I'm glad I stayed home.
你是唯一会
You're the only person I could think of
站在我这边的人
who might be on my side.
我永远都会支持你
I'll always be on your side, Oscar.
你还不知道吗?
You must know that by now.
天啊,约翰
Oh, God, John.
是我毁了一切
I've ruined everything.
"在我父家有许多住的地方"
"In my Father's house are many mansions.
"如果没有,我早就对你们说了"
"If it were not so, I would have told you.
"我去是为你们预备地方"
"I go to prepare a place for you.
"我若去为你们预备地方‥"
And if I go and prepare a place..."
对不起
I'm sorry.
"我若去为你们预备地方"
"If I go and prepare a place for you,
"就必再来接你们过去"
"I will come again and receive you unto myself,
"好使我在哪里‥"
that where I am..."
"你们也在哪里"
"There ye may be also."
别难过了,提姆
Cheer up, Tim.
我们比谁都清楚,我是去领赏赐
We of all people can be sure I'm going to my reward.
想必如此
And so you are.
打扰了,总统即将抵达
Excuse me. The president is arriving.
由我先致词,接着是罗素先生
I'll give the first speech, and then it's you, Mr. Russell.
谢谢
Thank you.
我很期待见到总统
I look forward to meeting him.
总统先生‥ -谢谢
Mr. President. - Thank you.
很高兴见到各位‥
Mr. President. - Glad to be here.
很高兴您来这里,先生。
Good to have you here, sir.
总统先生 -欢迎,先生这边请
Mr. President. - Welcome, sir, this way.
-欢迎总统莅临纽约
Welcome to New York, Mr. President.
贝琪,梅葆
真高兴你能来
- Betsy, Mabel! - I am so glad you're here.
我们很想你
We sure have missed you. Look at you.
我一看到是佩姬史考特
When I looked over and saw it was Peggy Scott,
简直吓了一大跳
well, you could've knocked me over with a feather.
真是太久没见了
It's been too long.
我们一直在关注你写的报导
We've been keeping up with your work at the newspaper.
谢谢,你们都好吗?
Thank you. How are you both?
梅葆,你跟丹尼尔还在一起吗?
Mabel, are you and Daniel still together?
那当然,他们都生双胞胎了
I'd say so, since now they have twins.
恭喜,真为你们感到高兴
Congratulations. I'm so happy for you both.
我们下个月举♥行♥宴会,希望你能来
Oh, we're going to have a party next month.I hope you can join us.
-你一定要来 -我会的
Oh, you must. - I will.
今后跨个桥就能到布鲁克林了
And now I can come by way of the Brooklyn Bridge.
-佩姬 -失陪了,母亲在叫我
Peggy. - Excuse me, my mother's calling.
感谢大驾光临
Thank you for coming.
谢谢
Thank you.
总统先生,罗布林先生夫人
Mr. President, Mr. Roebling, Mrs. Roebling.
容我介绍白金汉公爵阁下
May I present His Grace, the Duke of Buckingham.
幸会,总统先生
Pleasure to meet you, Mr. President.
-你知道他来纽约吗?
Did you know he was in New York?
-不知道
Of course not.
他跟我说剧院开幕那天才会来
He told me he was arriving the day of the opening.
是,很高兴来这里
Yes, I'm glad to be here.
她会不会想把公爵偷走?
Do you think she plans to steal him away?
阿斯特夫人不会用偷的
Mrs. Astor won't steal him.
必要的话,她会正大光明用钱收买♥♥
If she wants him, she'll buy him fair and square.
马汀先生跟你念同所学院
Mr. Martin studied at the Institute too.
你俩有共同点
So you have that in common.
你的求学过程如何?
How did you find your time there?
很顺利,那里让我立志成为教师
Oh, I loved it.
The Institute inspired me to become a teacher.
希望学校继续营运,我才有工作
I just hope we can keep the schools open, so I can work.
"环球报"会继续揭发 教育委员
Well, we'll continue to expose what the board
会恶意关闭学校
is trying to do in "The Globe."
我的报导下周会刊出
I have an article on it coming out next week.
-真等不及看到
Oh. I look forward to reading it.
-艾瑟亚‥
Isaiah!
失陪了
Oh, excuse me.
表亲在找我
I see my cousin.
他长得很好看
He's nice-looking.
-什么事,妈妈?
What is it, Mother?
-我只说一次
I'm only going to say this once.
别把时间花在
Don't spend all your time writing
报导他人 却忘了自己的人生
about other folks' lives and forget to live your own.
我才没有这样
That's not what I'm doing.
可否专心看烟火就好?
Can you just watch the fireworks?
我们是为此而来
It's why we're here.
你该不会也要
Well, you're not covering this
报导开桥典礼吧?
for "The Globe" too, are you?
不用,福顿指派其他记者了
No, Mr. Fortune assigned another journalist.
就像去塔斯基吉也有其他记者?
Like he had another journalist in Tuskegee?
你是这么说的吧?
That is what you told me, isn't it?
其实没有其他人吧?
Wasn't true, was it?
没有
No.
看来福顿先生很喜欢你
Mr. Fortune is obviously quite taken with you.
他尊重我的专业
He respects my work.
希望你俩仅止于公事
Which I pray is the extent of it
我自认没教坏你
because I raised you better than that.
找到你们了
Ah, here they are.
看你们一脸严肃
You seem very earnest.
在谈什么?
What are you talking about?
佩姬在报社的工作
Peggy's work at "The Globe."
那自然是要事
That's very important, of course.
今晚大家该专心欣赏开桥仪式
But I think tonight, we should just admire the bridge
感怀当今世人的伟大成就
and give thanks for what man has achieved in our lifetime.
-您说的是 -我同意
Quite right.- I think that is right.
我刚跟李察森先生说‥
I just told Mr. Richardson‥
还需要些什么吗?
Can I get you anything else?
几点了?
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表