剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
You know nothing happened.
我难道要为透纳的行为负责?
Am I really to be held responsible for Turner's actions?
你要为自己的无为负责
You're responsible for your own inaction.
什麽事?
What is it?
-怎麽了? -稍后再说好了
Yes?
现在就说,否则闭嘴
I can come back later. - No, say it now or never.
赖瑞和我受邀观赏王尔德先生的新戏
Larry and I have been invited to a play by Mr. Oscar Wilde.
戏后有一场招待会
There's to be a reception afterwards.
谁邀请你们的?
Who has invited you?
奥萝拉芬恩
Aurora Fane,
约翰亚当斯当我的男伴
though I'll be escorted by John Adams.
我可以去吗?
May I go?
想去就去吧
If you wish.
-对,还有其他事吗?
So, I can go? Just like that?
所以我可以去?-就这样?
Yes. Is there anything else?
没有了
I suppose not.
谢谢
Thank you.
我一会就下楼
I'll be down in a few minutes.
怎麽了吗?
What's the matter?
你母亲累了
Your mother's very tired.
若你想听的话
我知道我‥
If it interests you, I do know that I...
我错了
因误判情况而犯错
made a mistake, a misjudgment, an error.
除此之外我已无话可说
But I do not know what else I can say on the subject.
邱区先生
我有事想请益
Mr. Church, may I ask your advice?
没问题
Of course.
是关于麦克尼尔先生
It's about Mr. McNeil.
-你的女婿 -没错
Your son-in-law? - Exactly.
他开了条件给我
He has made me an offer.
午餐会面时他很无礼吗?
How was the luncheon? Was he rude?
No. He was very polite.
没有,他很客气
真没想到
You surprise me.
他说话很客气,提的条件则否
If his tone was friendly, his offer is not.
什麽样的条件?
What did it consist of?
他会给我一大笔退休金
Well, to start with, a generous pension.
他确实很有钱,事业也很成功
I believe he's a rich man. He's certainly a successful one.
他要我搬到西岸的旧金山去
He wants me to move to the West Coast to San Francisco.
旧金山也太远了
San Francisco is a long way away.
我会考虑
I would consider it
但我必须保证这辈子
but I am also to swear I will make no effort to see my daughter
绝不去找我女儿或孙子女
or her children for the rest of my life.
我的天啊
Goodness me.
麦克尼尔会代为传达近况
McNeil will inform me of their news.
我不许回信或写信给芙萝拉
I am not to answer his letters or seek to correspond with Flora.
但你从此不愁吃穿?
But you would be taken care of?
他会帮我买♥♥栋公♥寓♥
开个银行帐户
An apartment will be purchased and bank account will be opened.
帮我僱用男僕与厨师
I'll have a manservant and a cook.
没错,我从此不愁吃穿
So yes, I will be taken care of.
听来挺合理的
I suppose that's not unreasonable,
毕竟他们在纽约有头有脸
given their position in New York.
没错,是挺合理的
No. It's not exactly unreasonable.
甚至可说非常慷慨
It could even be called generous.
就算如此,还是很绝情啊
But it is heartless, all the same.
韩德森先生,
Mr. Henderson, I believe.
快请进
Come this way.
韩德森先生到了
Mr. Henderson.
您好,罗素先生
Hello, Mr. Russell.
韩德森先生好
Mr. Henderson.
欢迎欢迎
Thank you for coming. - Yeah.
亲爱的夫人
这位是韩德森先生
My dear, may I present Mr. Henderson
远从匹兹堡来看我
who has traveled all the way from Pittsburgh to see me.
-罗素夫人,幸会 -欢迎光临,
Happy to know you, ma'am. - I want to welcome you to the house.
谢谢你不远前来
It's good of you to come.
感谢罗素先生邀请
It's good of Mr. Russell to ask me.
我从没来过这样的大宅
I've never visited a house like this before
以后应该也没机会了
and I don't suppose I ever will again.
那就请你当自己家吧
Then I hope you enjoy yourself.
饭店客房♥住得习惯吗?
Was your hotel comfortable?
前所未有的舒适
I had never been so comfortable before.
午餐好了,我们快就座吧
Our luncheon is ready, so let us go in and eat it.
我可能会出远门几天
I might be going away for a few days.
你要去哪裡?
Where are you going?
阿♥拉♥巴马的塔斯基吉
Tuskegee, Alabama.
福顿先生和我要採访当地一间学校
Mr. Fortune and I are doing a story on a school down there.
凡瑞恩夫人已经准假了
I've already asked Mrs. van Rhijn's permission.
你说可能会,所以还不确定?
You said, might be? So, it's not definite.
福顿先生尚未正式首肯
Mr. Fortune hasn't officially decided
但我给的理由很充分
but I've made a good case for myself.
我想他不会拒绝
I don't believe he'll refuse.
同行的还有谁?
Who else is going?
他没有提到其他人
Well, he didn't mention anyone.
你不能跟一个男人单独到阿州去
Well, you can't go all the way to Alabama alone, with a man.
我说过了,这趟是公务旅行
I've told you. It is a professional trip.
福顿先生是我的雇主
And Mr. Fortune is my employer.
他也是男人
而且还结了婚
He's also a man and a married one.
我只是提醒你要小心
Be careful. That's all.
你一直都住在匹兹堡?
Have you always lived in Pittsburgh?
我是纽泽西人,为工作搬到匹兹堡
No, I was born in New Jersey, but I moved there for the work.
内人是匹兹堡人
But my wife's from Pittsburgh.
你们结婚多久了?
How long have you been married?
23年
Twenty-three years.
我们有六个孩子
We have six children to show for it.
天啊,六个 我们才两个就够忙了
Six! Heavens! We have all we can handle with two!
苏西也在工作,她是裁缝师
You know, Susie works, as well. She's a dressmaker.
真令人佩服
I admire her.
总是得养家活口
Well, we have to make ends meet.
带韩德森先生去你书房♥吧
Why not take Mr. Henderson through to the library?
那裡你们讲话方便点
You can speak more freely there.
是真的,更糟的是
It's true! And the worst thing is
玛丽安让法兰丝其他老师相形失色
that Marian has shown up Frances's other teachers.
法兰丝认为其他老师都错了
In her opinion, they are wrong.
只有布鲁克老师是对的
Only Miss Brook can do right.
法兰丝是可爱的孩子
Frances is an adorable child
我得请她放开心胸
but I must ask her to be more tolerant.
预祝你成功
I wish you success, as she may insist you take all her lessons
她大概会要你教全部科目 而不只是水彩画
and not just watercolors.
你会水彩画?
You paint in watercolors? - She does.
没错,而且画得很好
And very well. - Thank you.
-谢谢讚美 -真不错
How pleasing.
大多数人关注花俏的大♥师♥级油画
The showy oil paintings
of the Masters normally get all the attention
但我私心偏爱水彩画
but watercolors have a champion in me.
我也是
我喜欢水彩画
Oh, me too. I just love them.
是哦,怎麽没听你说过?
Really, Ada? I'd never heard you say that.
说说你欣赏哪位画家?
Which watercolorist do you especially favor?
我知道你想害我出糗
I know you mean to catch me out
我欣赏德国画家阿道夫孟佐
but it happens that I admire the German painter, Adolph Menzel.
很杰出的画家
A marvelous fellow.
他的画风很多变
He works in such a range of styles.
纽约好像有孟佐画展
Aren't they mounting a Menzel exhibition here?
这是什麽?
What is this?
是汤
Soup.
哪有人午餐喝汤?
Soup? At luncheon?
好像是乔治四世
Wasn't it George IV who decreed that
下令禁止仕绅中午喝汤
no gentleman drinks soup in the middle of the day?
是新英格兰蛤蜊巧达浓汤
This is New England clam chowder.
给大家一个惊喜
I thought it would be a surprise.
我确实惊讶是怎麽上桌的?
And so, it is. How did it get on my table?
我跟鲍尔太太串通好
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表