剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
竟然说她不想去
How dare she refuse? This is outrageous.
太过分了,还把自己关在房♥裡
She won't even leave her room!
我是她母亲,我说了算
I am her mother and I make the decisions.
你不去讲讲她吗?
Are you going to reason with her?
我试试看
I'm going to try.
我不需要她帮忙
I don't need her help.
事情没解决我就不出房♥门
I won't leave until everything is settled!
你母亲说你不想去纽波特
Your mother says you don't want to go to Newport.
我不去
No.
有件事还没解决,
There's something I need to have settled
不能离开纽约
before I can leave New York.
我知道听来像小题大作
Of course, that sounds overdramatic
等到夏天结束就太慢了
But it won't wait until the end of the summer.
这事关我下半辈子
This will affect the rest of my life.
听起来很严重呢
How grave you make it sound.
您儘管取笑好了,我笑不出来
Naturally, you want to make a joke of it, but I can't.
我以为这事早该解决了
To be honest, I thought everything would be settled already
却拖过一天又一天
but day after day goes by and...
跟奥斯卡凡瑞恩有关吗?
Does it have anything to do with Oscar van Rhijn?
您怎麽知道?
Why do you say that?
他写信给我求见
He has written to me, asking for an interview.
我叫他这麽做的
That's what I told him to do.
但您隻字未提‥
But when you didn't speak of it...
因为我知道他想跟我说什麽
I didn't because I knew what the interview would be about
我想在见面前确定怎麽回答他
and I wanted to be quite sure what my answer should be.
-您回他信了吗? -还没
Have you sent a reply now? - No.
我今天会写信,请他来我办公室
But I'll write today and ask him to come to my office.
您跟母亲说了吗? -还没,但我会的
Have you told Mother? - Not yet, but I will.
我对他俩的说词
Of course, what I say to her, or to him
取决于你希望我怎麽说
will depend on what you want me to say.
他给我足够理由接受求婚
He gave me the reasons why I should accept his offer.
-他还挺精明的
That was clever of him.
-他问我是否想摆脱母亲掌控
He asked me if I wanted to get away from Mother
我当然想
天啊
- and of course I do. - Oh, dear.
我也不想离开您啊
I don't want to get away from you.
但我要有做决定的自♥由♥
But I must be allowed the freedom to make my own decisions.
结婚不是为了追求自♥由♥
Marriage is not the place to look for freedom.
我想知道你爱他吗?
May I ask if you love him?
这年头没有爱的婚姻多的是
There is that, but, these days, so many people marry without love.
所以你并不爱他
Which I assume means you do not.
他家世良好,也稍微有点钱
He comes from a good family, and there is some money
而且我能进入上流社会 这是母亲想要的
and I'd be in society, which is what Mother wants.
他人很风趣,也会逗我笑
He can be very amusing. He does make me laugh.
我同意这些特质很有用
That is a useful quality, I grant you
却不足以构成婚姻基础
but it is not enough to base a marriage on.
不如这样吧‥
May I make you an offer?
我承诺会无条件支持你
What if I were to promise to support your choice
条件是你当真爱上某人
whenever you come and tell me you have fallen in love?
-即使母亲反对? -没错
Even if Mother is against it? - Even then.
我说到做到
I give you my word.
您打算如何回覆凡瑞恩先生?
What will you do with Mr. van Rhijn?
委婉地拒绝他
Let him down gently.
之后就当做没发生过这件事
And then I suggest we forget about this whole thing.
现在可以跟你母亲去纽波特了吗?
So, will you go with your mother to Newport?
好吧
All right.
只要您认为这麽做是对的
If you really think we're not making a mistake.
我很确定一件事
Of one thing I am sure.
嫁给奥斯卡凡瑞恩太委屈你了
You can do better than Mr. Oscar van Rhijn.
-几点了‥这麽晚了? -九点半
What time is it? - Half-past nine.
我让班尼斯特先生
What? - I asked Mr. Bannister
别叫醒你
to let you sleep.
别担心,一切有他在
Don't worry. He looked after things.
反正早餐时间也没什麽事做
There's not much to do at breakfast, anyway.
你来了,约翰
怎麽这麽晚?
Oh, there you are, John. What happened?
我的闹钟又没响
My alarm didn't go off. Again.
我都在钟响前就醒了
I always wake up before mine rings.
不是每个人都跟你一样厉害
We're not all as wonderful as you, Miss Armstrong.
闹钟为何这麽靠不住?
Why are alarm clocks so unreliable?
没错,闹钟不管用
You're right. They never work.
幸好我很浅眠
I'm lucky I'm a light sleeper.
我很想知道原因
I wonder why they don't work.
会有人找出原因的
Oh, someone will figure it out.
可以上工了吗,约翰?
Are you ready to start, John?
不先吃早餐吗?
Shouldn't he have some breakfast first?
我好了,班尼斯特先生
No, I'm ready, Mr. Bannister.
麻烦交给玛丽安小姐
Can you give this to Miss Marian?
史考特小姐回信了
Miss Scott has written back.
她明天可以来见您
She can come tomorrow to see you.
太好了,我很期待见到她
Good. I look forward to it.
她还好吗?
How is she doing?
明天就知道了
We'll find out tomorrow.
她肯定伤心欲绝
It must all still be heartbreaking.
没错,但时间可以治疗一切
True, but time is a great healer.
至少我希望如此
I pray so, anyway.
那是什麽?
What is that?
鲍尔太太帮玛丽安小姐 做了带去学校的午餐
Mrs. Bauer has made some luncheon for Miss Marian to take to school.
放着吧
Leave it there.
便当?
A packed lunch?
你带便当去学校?
Do you really take a packed lunch?
这样方便多了
It makes things simpler if I do.
鲍尔太太怎麽没跟我说?
Why has Mrs. Bauer never told me?
难不成全部人都联手骗我?
Is everyone part of this conspiracy?
我做的是正当工作
I'm doing a perfectly decent job.
您不必感到丢脸
You won't need to be ashamed of me.
我现在就觉得丢脸了
I am ashamed of you now.
我该出发了
Well, I ought to get started
免得又加上迟到这条罪状
if lateness is not to be added to my other transgressions.
很好,注意光线照着柠檬的角度
Good. Now, pay attention to where the light is hitting that lemon.
讨厌
Exactly. - Oh, no!
怎麽了,法兰丝?
What is it, Frances?
我画坏了 我放弃
I've ruined it. I give up.
别这样
No.
不要害怕失败,否则永远无法成功
You mustn't be afraid to fail, or you'll never succeed.
所以我该再试一次?
So, I should have another go?
肯定要啊
Absolutely.
下礼拜再画一次
Try again next week.
各位同学
Now, may I remind you
画水果写实固然重要
that while it's important to copy the bowl of fruit
我更想看见你们对水果的想法
what I'm looking for is your own vision of the fruit.
表达自己的感受
Your own feelings.
离开前在画纸上写名字
Now, be sure before you go, to write your names on your pictures
等乾了我再收
and leave them to dry. I'll collect them.
是,老师
Yes, Miss Brook.
布鲁克老师
Miss Brook!
搭我们的车回家吧?
May we give you a ride? - See you tomorrow!
这会害你们绕路
Oh, I'd be taking you out of your way.
别这麽说,我们很乐意送你回家
Nonsense. It would be our pleasure to see you home.
况且说要拜访爱格舅妈却一直没去
Besides, we ought to pay our neglected call on Aunt Agnes.
她会很高兴见到你们
Oh, she'll be pleased to see you.
你会保护我们吧?
Will you protect us?
没这个必要
That won't be necessary.
爱格姑妈气的是我,不是你们
Aunt Agnes is rather cross with me, but not with you.
即便如此,你是全纽约 唯一敢反抗她的人
Even so, you're the only person in New York who stands up to her.
对她而言肯定是全新体验
She must find it a novel sensation.
好了。
There you go.
谢谢您愿意见我
Thank you for seeing me.
迟迟没回音,我都开始紧张了
I was rather nervous when it took so long for you to answer.
你是该紧张
You were right to be nervous.
为何没先跟我报备 就直接去找我女儿?
Did it not occur to you to speak to me
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表