剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
And Mr. Tate knew?
好几个人知道
Oh, several of them knew.
但无法公诸于世?
But they couldn't make it public?
当然不行
Of course not.
完工后这座大桥
This bridge will be one of the finest
将举世闻名
in the land,in the world.
您理当感到自豪,却不能表现出来
You should be proud of it, but I suppose you can't be.
绝不能让人知道
No one must know a woman was the engineer
大桥是女工程师监造
behind the bridge.
搞不好没人敢过桥呢
They might not even want to walk across it.
实在很遗憾,也太不公平了
It's a shame, an unjust shame.
他提议你搬到旧金山 从此与女儿不再相见?
So he proposes that you should move to San Francisco and never see your daughter again?
简而言之,是这样没错
That's it, sir, in a nutshell.
你离开会是我的损失
Well, I should be very sorry to lose you,
我想你是知道的
but I'm sure you know that.
我还没决定
I've not decided yet.
我说要跟芙萝拉谈过
I told him I needed to discuss his offer with Flora
再做决定
before I made any decisions,
他说‥她不想跟我说话
but he says that she has no wish to speak to me.
你相信他的话?
Do you believe that?
我不知该相信什么
I don't know what to believe,
所以才坚持听她亲口说
which is why I feel I must hear it from her.
听起来也合情合理
Then it doesn't seem unreasonable to me.
你来了
There you are.
真高兴你能出席
I'm so pleased you're here.
我其实不该来的
I shouldn't be.
匹兹堡就快出乱子了
Pittsburgh is about to blow sky high.
现在先别想那个
Don't think about that now.
明天再想
Think about it tomorrow.
准备好下楼了吗?
Right.Are you ready to go down?
宾客陆续到场
Guests are arriving.
牡蛎摆盘好了吗?
Are the oysters laid out?
这些都好了
Yes.These are done.
-华生先生,欢迎回来
Oh, welcome back, Mr. Watson.
-彼得你好
Peter.
-第一道菜进度如何?
Where are we with the first course?
-就快好了
Final touches, sir.
车程顺利吗,华生先生?
How was your journey, Mr. Watson?
很顺利,谢谢关心
Very pleasant. Thank you, Mrs. Bruce.
老爷的私人车厢舒适极了
I always enjoy traveling in the master's private rail car.
我想也是
I'm sure you do.
史奈德
Schneider!
来了
Coming, sir.
菲德利布朗森伉俪到
Mr. and Mrs. Frederic Bronson.
邓肯艾略特伉俪到
Mr. and Mrs. Duncan Elliot.
麦卡里斯特先生,感谢您来
Mr. McAllister, it's so good of you to come.
我可不想错过走红毯
I never like to miss a red carpet,
尤其还能炫耀见过英国公爵
and certainly not one which can boast an English duke.
你们的公爵来了吗?
Yes, where is that duke of yours?
-恐怕不能说他是我们的 -我就会
I don't think we can claim him as our own.
公爵一会儿就下来
I would. - He'll be down momentarily.
阿斯特夫人会来吗?
Is Mrs. Astor coming?
她在碧区伍德 我问过她
She's opened Beechwood, so I asked her,
但她找了藉口塘塞
but she made an excuse.
她现在对我有些恼火
She's a little cross with me right now.
这一点我能理解
Well, I can understand why,
恐怕她要错过纽波特
but she is missing out on what may be
本季最大盛宴
the event of the Newport season.
大家都在讲这事儿
Everyone's talking about it,
尤其是那些没受邀的
especially those who weren't invited.
阿斯特夫人会假装不在乎
Naturally, Mrs. Astor will feign indifference,
事后再要我一五一十告诉她
then she'll force all the details out of me.
看来很完美
It looks perfect.
该到的人也都到了
And all the right people are here.
歌♥剧战另一方也有人来
Even some who were on the other side in the opera war.
打胜仗的方法
My dear, the way to win a war
就是拿出最强武器
is to bring out your biggest weapon.
你的武器就是公爵
And yours is the duke.
希望我这下站对边了才好
Now, I hope I'm happy with my placement.
包准你会开心
I think you will be.
白金汉公爵阁下驾到
His Grace, the Duke of Buckingham.
失陪了
Excuse me.
罗素夫人,我的寝室美轮美奂
Mrs. Russell, my room is a work of art.
宴会现场也布置得无懈可击
And I see everything's exquisite here too.
我尽力而为罗
We do what we can.
请别介意我今晚邀了众多宾客
But I hope we haven't overwhelmed you with our guests?
不会的
Of course not.
容我介绍芬恩伉俪
May I present Mr. and Mrs. Fane.
-公爵好 -芬恩先生夫人好
How do you do? - Mr. Fane. Mrs. Fane.
您想纽波特能
Do you think Newport will live up to
符合期待吗?
your expectations, Duke?
罗素夫人的纽波特一定可以
I'm sure Mrs. Russell's Newport will.
-说得真好 -我们的纽波特就不行?
Well said. - But not our Newport?
容我介绍温特顿伉俪
May I present Mr. and Mrs. Winterton.
我认识他们
I know the Wintertons.
希望此行能多见到二位
I hope I'll see more of you while I'm here.
公爵容许的话当然好
Well, you'll see as much of us as we're allowed.
-我夫人的意思是‥
What Mrs. Winterton means is--
-容我介绍小女葛莱蒂
I don't think you've met our daughter, Gladys.
罗素小姐好
Miss Russell.
-您好
How do you do?
-葛莱蒂‥
Gladys!
你打扮得真美
You look divine.
- Oh. - Don't worry.
没关系,用餐时她坐您隔壁
You're sitting next to her at dinner.
宾客进餐厅了
They're going in.
情况不大对劲
Something odd is going on.
我确定看到那人
I could have sworn I saw that man
在第一道菜的酱汁加了东西
put something in the sauce for the first course.
史奈德
Schneider!
What's he talking about?
-怎么回事? -我不知道
I don't know, Mr. Borden.
尝一口就知道
Let's taste it.
真恶心
Revolting!
大家听好了,第一道菜取消
Everyone, cancel the first course.
史奈德,你滚远一点
Schneider, get away from that food.
待会儿再处置你
I'll deal with you later.
我去通知男仆
I'll tell the footmen.
葛莱蒂,你坐那里
Gladys, you're there.
我跟年轻宾客坐啊
I thought I'd be with the younger group.
你坐那里就对了
No, you're there.
-宾客就坐了,大厨
They're seated, Mr. Borden.
-好,开始上菜
All right, we-- we must start serving.
-味道可以 -那就先上汤品
This tastes good to me. - We'll start with the soup.
汤够烫吧
But is it hot enough?
希望他觉得够烫
Rather him than me.
彼得,把汤端上楼
Peter, come take this up.
彼得跟史奈德好像在搞鬼
I think Peter and that man Schneider are up to something.
彼得送汤前他俩在咬耳朵
They were whispering before Peter took the soup.
汤我尝过,没问题
I tasted the soup. It's fine.
我确信肯定有鬼
I don't know. Something's not right.
彼得负责给谁上菜?
Who's Peter serving?
温特顿夫人,您没事吧?
Mrs. Winterton, are you all right?
我能有什么事?
Why shouldn't I be?
您似乎有些恼怒
You seem rather agitated.
不会啊
Well, I'm not.
耶路撒冷菊芋加松露
Jerusalem artichoke and truffle?
很合宜的开胃菜
Oh.What a wonderful way to begin.
我不记得这是第一道 您喜欢就好
I'd forgotten that was the first course, but good.
我还是别霸占您才是
Now, I mustn't monopolize you.
葛莱蒂
Gladys.
罗素小姐常来纽波特吗?
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表