剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
我肯定要站在赢的一方
I certainly intend to find myself on the winning side.
把孩子的相片藏起也无法抚平伤痛
Hiding his picture away won't get rid of the pain.
是不会
Of course not,
难道你想天天睹物思人?
but do you want a daily reminder?
亚瑟,我们原本有个孙子
Arthur, we had a grandchild.
他的相片该跟你我父母
His photograph belongs with the pictures
及其他家人放在一起
of your parents and mine and all the rest of them.
他们虽过世,仍是我们家人
They're dead, but they're still our family!
好吧,要我说出口吗? 我错了
All right! You want me to say it? I was wrong!
我以为做对了,结果是错的
I thought I was right, but I was wrong!
当初不该把孩子送走
We should have kept the boy!
这样你高兴了吗?
There! Are you satisfied?
怎麽可能高兴?
How can I be satisfied?
我孙子死了啊
My grandson is dead.
帮你留了一些晚餐
We saved you some dinner.
我不饿
I'm not hungry.
孩子长得很像这个年纪的你
He looks so much like you at that age.
相片就放在这裡吧
Shall we keep it in here?
不好吧
I don't think so.
放在我房♥间就好
I'll have it in my room.
她不想向人展示相片
She doesn't want it on display, Dorothy.
是她不想,还是你不想?
She doesn't, or you don't?
我夜不成眠,
I lie awake at night
悔不当初
thinking about how I should have done things differently.
对不起
I'm sorry.
我也只能这麽说
That's all I can say.
你得继续道歉
Well, you just have to keep saying it
直到佩姬打从心底原谅你
until Peggy can find it in her heart to forgive you.
或直到我原谅你
Or I do.
难道还不懂吗?
But don't you see?
就算你道歉,
Even if you are sorry
我也相信你是真心的
and I do believe that you are...
还是改变不了什麽
it doesn't change anything.
你打算恨我一辈子?
So, you'll hate me all your life?
我不恨你
I don't hate you
但我们该分开一阵子
but we need a rest from each other.
我们三人困在懊悔中已经太久了
We have been trapped in this trio of regret for too long.
我去睡了
Now I'm going to bed.
多希望你能留下 不该这麽快就走,
How I wish you would stay. It feels much too soon.
我很担心你
I do worry so.
今天不回银行上班吧?
You won't go back to the bank today?
我下週才会去
I've said I'll be there next week.
玛丽安,照顾好他
Marian, look after him.
我会的
I will.
你还好吗?说真话
How are you, really?
我一天比一天好了
I'm making progress, as they say.
真是不幸中的大幸
It could have been so much worse.
说的是 我很可能当场身亡
Indeed. I could have been killed
这样一来岂不是白活了
and then what would have been the point of my having lived at all?
别说这种话
Don't say that.
你看,对面在开午宴 我当然没有受邀了
Oh, look. A luncheon party, no doubt to which I am not invited.
你该不会还在想着葛莱蒂罗素
Don't tell me you're still pining for Gladys Russell.
-想必她成了瞩目的焦点 -那还用说
I suppose she's now the cynosure of all eyes?Of course.
她漂亮多金,已进入社交圈 这裡可是纽约呢
She's pretty. She's rich. She's out in society, and this is New York.
你还想追求她?
But are you still a contender?
还没放弃?
Haven't you given up?
我确实该放弃
I should, really.
她从不回我信 就算见了面互动也很僵硬
She never answers my letters, and if we do meet, it's very stilted.
一定是罗素夫人要她别理我
I'm sure Mrs. Russell has told her not to speak to me.
若你真心爱她,
Well, if you're really in love with her
就该再接再厉
you must give it another try.
这次可要妥善计划才行
But this time, make a proper plan.
你让我信心大增
You fill me with resolve.
你跟姑妈说了你的秘密吗?
So, have you told your aunts your secret yet?
还没说
我会说的
No, but I will.
-什麽时候?
When?
-等到再也瞒不住的时候
When I can't keep it secret any longer.
你呢?
But what about you?
我不确定还能忍♥受与父母同住多久
I just don't know how much longer I can stay with my parents.
有办法解决吗?
What's the remedy?
我有机会重回六一街吗?
Is there any chance I could come back to 61st Street?
若夫人还没找到接替的人‥
If Mrs. van Rhijn hasn't found a replacement...
我很确定还没找到
I assure you she has not.
能帮我问问她吗?
Then can you ask her if she'd meet with me?
爱格姑妈会张开双臂欢迎你
Aunt Agnes would welcome you back with open arms.
而我也是
And so would I.
但是家裡有人不欢迎我
Not everyone in that house is so hospitable.
爱格姑妈应该很后悔 留住阿姆斯壮却让你走
I think Aunt Agnes regrets keeping Armstrong when she let you go.
若你能忍♥受她,就快回来吧 我愿意
And if you think you can handle her, please come back.
儘管有个阿姆斯壮小姐
I'd like to, Miss Armstrong notwithstanding.
我跟姑妈说了再写信给你
I'll speak to Aunt Agnes and write to you.
谢谢你
Thank you.
为何需要我帮忙?
But why do you need my help?
你认识葛莱蒂,
You know Gladys Russell.
何不自己安排会面?
Why can't you arrange to meet her yourself?
因为她母亲不要我追求她
Because her mother doesn't want me as a suitor.
罗素夫人只喜欢自己挑选的人
Mrs. Russell doesn't like any man she hasn't chosen.
那我也爱莫能助
But I don't see what I can do about it.
要再来杯咖啡吗?
Now, would you like some more coffee?
还是帮你拿三明治?
Or can I fetch you a sandwich?
我自己来吧
I'll do it.
谢天谢地你康复了
I'm glad to see you're better.
想必很可怕
Was it very terrible?
的确让我想了很多
It certainly made me think.
我为何要在纽约閒晃?
What was I doing wandering round New York
明明该待在家陪妻小吃饭
when I should have been at home, dining with my family?
天啊
Heavens.
意思是你想成家了?
You mean you'd like to settle down?
应该是吧
I suppose I do.
还是得过罗素夫人这关
Which brings us back to Miss Russell.
请帮帮我
Please help me.
我以前帮过你,但没成功
I've helped you before, and nothing came of it.
这次我知道该怎麽做
This time I know what to do.
我只需要跟她独处几分钟
I just need a few minutes alone with her.
你邀我俩吃午餐
Ask us both to luncheon.
不行,那太明显了
No, that would be too obvious...
我原本就打算帮达许表亲接风
but I've been meaning to mark cousin Dashiell's return to New York.
你可以一起来
You can come to that.
如何让葛莱蒂自己来 没有母亲陪同?
What reason can you have for asking Gladys but not her mother?
交给我吧
Leave it with me.
山人自有妙计
I have an idea.
芬恩夫人帮表亲办接风宴 有什麽不对?
Mrs. Fane is throwing a party for her cousin.
我那天要办晚宴
What's wrong with that? - It's on the day of my dinner.
她怎麽能这样?
How could she do such a thing?
也许蒙哥马利先生空不出其他日子
Perhaps Mr. Montgomery couldn't manage another date.
午宴三点半开始
It starts at half past three.
六点前到家还有时间准备
We'll be home before six, with plenty of time to get ready.
我去不了
I can't come.
我那天必须待在家
I won't be able to leave the house that day.
葛莱蒂可以跟布鲁克小姐一起去 她肯定会受邀
Then Gladys can go with Miss Brook. She'll have been invited.
她能帮葛莱蒂挡开我不认可的人吗?
But will Miss Brook protect her from men I don't approve of?
说真的,母亲
Honestly, Mother.
你叫我别跟你不认可的人说话
You say I'm not to speak to men you don't approve of
但你认可的人没半个
but you don't approve of anyone.
让她出门见识一下吧
She must be allowed to go out.
总不能一直把她关着
You can't keep her in a bandbox.
好吧,我说不过你们
Oh, very well. I give in.
-谢谢
Thank you.
-我必须出席晚宴吗?
Do I have to be at the dinner?
我在匹兹堡有些麻烦事要处理
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表