剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
却还是有好多文件要签署跟详读
And yet, there are so many forms to sign and documents to read.
现全堆在书桌上等着我
They're piled up on my desk, waiting for me.
我虽同情,劝您还是尽快完成
I do sympathize, but try not to leave it too long.
-我知道 -法兰丝还好吗?
- Yes. - How is Frances?
很好啊
Very well.
她已完全适应纽约生活
She's properly settled in New York
也渐渐开始长大成人
and I really think she's starting to blossom.
我常想,若哈丽叶还在世
I often wonder what Harriet would make of her
看女儿长大成人,不知做何感想
this grown-up young lady that's taken the place of her child.
想必你也听说了我家的窘境
As you may know, things could not be worse with us.
奥劳拉告诉我了
Aurora said.
因此我自愿支付婚礼费用
Might it make sense if I were to pay for the wedding?
我知道这样不符合礼数
I know it's not customary.
我太感动了,我们家道中落而你不离不弃
I am touched that your resolve is undimmed by our disaster.
谢谢你如此慷慨
It's kind of you to offer.
我希望二位安心,尽情享受哈丽叶的婚礼
Well, wouldn't it help
我希望二位安心,尽情享受哈丽叶的婚礼
for you to enjoy Harriet's wedding without worrying?
你说的对
Quite right. It is my dearest wish to see Marian happy.
我们衷心希望玛丽安能幸福
Quite right. It is my dearest wish to see Marian happy.
晚餐好了
Oh, and now that's dinner.
很高兴听到法兰丝过得好
Pleased to hear that Frances is doing so well.
她每天都很快乐
She's doing wonderfully.
她应该快回来了
She should be back at any moment.
-莎拉,结果如何?-教委会怎么决定?
- Sarah. - Is it good news?
-莎拉,结果如何?-教委会怎么决定?
- Tell us. - What did they say?
有两间学校可以继续营运
They have decided to keep two of the schools open.
但他们坚持关掉一间
I'm afraid they insist one must close to stop them from looking ridiculous.
否则就太没面子了
I'm afraid they insist one must close to stop them from looking ridiculous.
然而我们还算成功
- But this is still a victory. - Yes. Hear, hear.
说的没错……
- But this is still a victory. - Yes. Hear, hear.
即使符合所有规定,还是不能留住三所学校?
So they won't save all three when we did everything they asked?
至少留住了两间
Two will survive.
今后更加谨慎办学,发展得越来越好
And now that we're more conscious of the danger
今后更加谨慎办学,发展得越来越好
I'm sure they'll thrive.
-说的是 -你该高兴才是
- Yes. Hear, hear. - You should be glad.
大家都该高兴
We should all be glad.
-的确值得高兴 -恭喜啊……
We should, we should indeed. Hear, hear.
-的确值得高兴 -恭喜啊……
- Congratulations, Mr. Brown. - We have you to thank, Arthur
亚瑟,谢谢你及时揭发他们的诡计
- Congratulations, Mr. Brown. - We have you to thank, Arthur
亚瑟,谢谢你及时揭发他们的诡计
for exposing their plan to shut us out.
我同意,父亲
She's right, Father.
谢谢你们的赞美
I appreciate your praise.
很久没听到有人赞美我了
I haven't had too much of it lately.
她说的没错,今天多亏了你
She means what she says.
她说的没错,今天多亏了你
You did good today.
恭喜您了,嘉纳夫人
Congratulations, Mrs. Garnet.
也恭喜你,史考特小姐
And to you, Ms. Scott.
恭喜了,史考特小姐
Congratulations, Ms. Scott.
这是我俩合力的成果
Congratulations to us both.
虽不尽如人意,仍为美事一桩
The results weren't perfect perhaps, but they're good.
证明了努力就会有成果
And they show us what can be achieved when we try.
要努力的事还很多
But the fight must go on.
这次的事证明,未来还有好长一段路要走
And this has been a reminder
这次的事证明,未来还有好长一段路要走
of how much work there is for us to do.
说的是
- You're right. - Oh, excuse me.
绝不能因故拖慢向前动力
And nothing must get in the way of that.
福顿先生,见过桑德斯先生了吗?
Mr. Fortune, have you met Mr. Saunders?
-还没见过 -我来介绍一下
- Not yet. - I'd like to introduce you.
当然好,失陪了
Please. Excuse us.
-这位是福顿先生 -桑德斯先生好
- Mr. Saunders, this is Mr. Fortune. - Mr. Saunders.
-这位是桑德斯夫人 -很荣幸认识二位
And this is Mrs. Saunders.
-这位是桑德斯夫人 -很荣幸认识二位
A pleasure to meet you both.
你看起来心事重重
You look very pensive.
因为我做了一个会让您高兴的决定
Maybe because I have come to a decision that will please you.
希望你自己也高兴
I hope it will please you, too.
我不会,但该做的还是要做
It won't, but I know what I must do.
你要跟我们回家吗?
Are you coming home with us?
不了,我该回去了
No, I should get back.
过阵子再来看您们
But I'll see you soon.
再见
Goodnight.
还能招待你些什么?
Now, what can we offer you?
我就不打扰您们休息了
I think I'll just go and leave you in peace.
谢谢招待
It was a lovely evening.
以后机会多的是
There will be many more.
别忘了明天来接玛丽安去学校
And don't forget, you're taking Marian to school in the morning.
-不用了 -当然需要
- There's no need. - Oh, there's great need.
我应该每天来接送才对
In fact, I should do it every day.
-晚安 -晚安,达许
- Good night. - Good night, Dashiell.
还有,谢谢你
And thank you.
原因你知道的
You know for what.
他人真好
How kind he is
真高兴婚礼费用解决了
and what a relief that the wedding is taken care of.
我先上楼了
I think I'll go up now.
你没有不舒服吧?
You're not feeling ill?
没有
No,
我心里有事要想想
No, I just need some time to think.
我懂
Of course, you do.
我帮你跟爱格道晚安
I'll say your good night to Agnes.
真是赏心悦目
Isn't that a pretty picture?
我很久没看过你的笑容
I haven't seen that smile of yours for some time now.
亚瑟
- Arthur. - I'm serious.
我说真的
- Arthur. - I'm serious.
还以为再也看不到你如此灿笑
I didn't think I'd ever see you
还以为再也看不到你如此灿笑
smile like that again.
至少在我面前
At least not in my presence.
我俩近来处得不愉快
This has been a hard time for us.
希望今后关系能逐渐修复
But I would like for things to be better between you and me.
我也希望如此
That's all I want.
不早了,该吃晚餐了
It's very late, so we should eat our dinner.
叫爱伦弄些丰盛甜点
Maybe I can get Ellen to fix us a festive dessert.
我们要庆祝一下
We have some celebrating to do.
我去去就回
This shouldn't be long.
要走了吗?
Are you ready?
法兰丝在车上等
Frances is in the carriage.
达许,我昨晚苦思了一整夜
The thing is, Dashiell
达许,我昨晚苦思了一整夜
I've been wracking my brain all night.
希望结果对我是好的
Oh, I hope this turns out well for me.
恐怕不是
I'm afraid you won't think so.
因为……
Because...
-我不能嫁给你 -什么?
I cannot marry you.
-我不能嫁给你 -什么?
What?
我不能当你的妻子
I can't be your wife.
这样不对
It wouldn't be right. I'm sorry.
对不起
It wouldn't be right. I'm sorry.
我还以为你爱我
But I thought you loved me.
我以为你爱法兰丝
I thought you loved Frances.
我很爱法兰丝
I do love Frances
我也很难过要让她失望了
and I am so sad if this is disappointing for her.
那为何执意如此?
Then why are you doing it?
因为我俩的目标不同
Because I don't think we want the same things.
人生方向也不同
Or even the same life.
我要的是跟别人一样的人生
I want a life like everyone else's.
但是我不要
But I don't.
至少时候未到
Or not yet.
我想在定下来前做些有益世人的事
I want to do some good in the world before I settle down.
我不懂
I don't understand.
你对我的爱像对哈丽叶一样深吗?
Do you love me as much as you loved Harriet?
请诚实回答
- Be honest, please. - Harriet is dead.
哈丽叶已经过世了
- Be honest, please. - Harriet is dead.
我知道
Of course.
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表