剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
诚如各位所见
As you can see
浩大的兴建工程已进入最后阶段
we are entering into the final phase of our grand enterprise
我们迫不及待邀请各位主要赞助人
and we're eager that all of you, our principal patrons and sponsors
抢先见证大都会歌♥剧院
should be the first to witness what the new Metropolitan Opera
将为伟大纽约带来新气象
will bring to the great city of New York.
接下来就让吉柏先生
And now, I shall hand you over to Mr. Gilbert
回答各位的疑问
so he can answer any questions you may have.
各位贵宾 请跟我一起到观众席
Ladies and gentlemen, if you'd like to follow me into the auditorium.
这边请
This way.
虽然尚未完工
The work may not be done
但已指日可待
but it is nearly done
and the First Tier, where most of you have taken boxes
在场大多人索取的头等包厢 也只剩最后加工
needs only its finishing touches.
请看全球首屈一指的歌♥剧院
And now, I give you the grandest opera house in the world
大都会歌♥剧院
the new Metropolitan!
Oh, my heavens!
How extraordinary!
诚如您所见 规模不同凡响
As you can see, the theater is monumental.
温特顿夫人 您来了
Mrs. Winterton, you came.
您的信勾起我好奇心
Your letter made me curious.
你没说错
And you're right.
新剧院果然壮观
It's very splendid.
打算变节加入我们吗
Are you thinking of crossing over to our side?
恐怕还是不行
Oh, I'm afraid not.
温特顿先生很看重他的学院包厢
Mr. Winterton values his box at the Academy so highly
这点你比谁都清楚
as you'll understand better than most.
麻烦二位夫人暂时摆个姿势别动
Mrs. Russell, Mrs. Winterton
would you mind holding that pose for just a second
让"图像晚报"的画师素描
while our artist makes a sketch? For the Daily Graphic.
别画我 我是学院派的
Not me. I support the Academy.
那就只画罗素夫人
没问题
- Just you, then, Mrs. Russell. - Of course.
你的包厢是哪一间
Which box is yours?
一切尚待决定
Oh, nothing is final yet.
想骗谁呀
And I am to believe that.
您真有雅量邀我 明知我是另一派的
You're kind to let me come today, when you know I'll fail you.
还是能设法诱使你改变心意
That won't stop me placing temptation in your way.
工程还顺利吧 怎没见到工人
Is it all progressing smoothly? I don't see any workmen.
为让嘉宾参观所以先清场了
Oh, they must have cleared them for the patrons' visit.
请问罗素夫人 看过近日的纽波特新闻吗
Mrs. Russell, did you see the item in a Newport paper recently?
虽没指名道姓 大家都猜是指令公子
There were no names but people say it was about your son
与布连夫人
and a Mrs. Blane?
令公子似乎很喜欢她
He seems to be very fond of her.
我们全家都喜欢她
We're all fond of Mrs. Blane.
小犬是新进建筑师
He's starting out as an architect
布连夫人聘他装♥修♥住♥宅♥
and she has commissioned him to renovate her house there.
所以二人相当熟稔
So I suppose they've come to know each other pretty well?
我们都认识也喜欢布连夫人
Yes. We all know and like Mrs. Blane.
我要走囉
And now I must go.
这些人真厚颜无♥耻♥
What cheek these people have.
不晓得从哪听来的无稽之谈
I don't know where they get their nonsense.
应该是没什么 但是‥
I'm sure there's nothing to it, but...
但是怎样
But what?
也没什么 我原不打算说的
Nothing, really. I wasn't going to tell you.
前些天去看戏时
It was just that Maud Beaton made a comment
茉德彼顿说了几句
when we all went to see that play.
她似乎认为他俩真有什么
She seemed to think something was going on between them
是半开玩笑说的 -肯定是玩笑
but it was a joke. - Of course it was.
罗素夫人 借一步说话
If I could have a word, Mrs. Russell.
我有坏消息禀报
I'm afraid I have bad news.
跟没工人有关吗
Does it have anything to do with the absence of any workers?
正是 资金已耗尽
Precisely. The money's run out.
包厢的出租进度严重落后
We are badly behind in our schedule for selling leases on the boxes.
我来想办法
I'll help with that.
还请夫人动作要快 没时间了
If you can help, Mrs. Russell, please do and don't waste any time.
希望艾达小姐知道 宴客要准备的工作可多了
I hope Miss Ada realizes that entertaining means a lot of work.
至少是立意良善
It's for a good cause.
她应该是对牧师有意思
I think she likes the rector.
她可喜欢牧师了
整个人都开朗起来
Oh, she likes him very much, and she's earned a bit of happiness.
闹钟修得如何
How's the clock coming on?
很顺利 我这周要来测试
Good, I think. I'm gonna start testing it this week.
我们需要戴安全帽吗
Should we all wear helmets?
莱里主教曾在墨西哥城传教数年
Bishop Riley has been a missionary in Mexico City for years
同时拯救性命和传福音
saving lives and sharing gospel.
希望各位与我一同支持
So, I hope I have convinced you to join me
这项无私的行动
in supporting his noble cause.
别这么激动 又不是盖兹堡演说
Calm down. It wasn't the Gettysburg Address.
他说得太动人了
What he said was so moving.
资助传教说明手册
The pamphlets on how you may help the mission
放在去饭厅会经过的圆桌上
are on the table as you pass through to the dining room
现在招待各位去享用些茶点
where we invite you to join us now for some tea.
谢谢大家
Thank you.
没想到你对这个活动感兴趣
I shouldn't have thought that this would be of much interest to you.
我是来支持艾达姨妈
I came to support Aunt Ada.
彼顿小姐也很热中传播基♥督♥福音
Besides, Miss Beaton is keen to help spread the Christian word.
那你自己呢
And how does that sit with you?
我很乐意支持第五大道的善举
I gladly support good causes from the comfort of Fifth Avenue.
那位主教真勇敢
That bishop sounds so courageous.
多希望我有勇气以实际行动声援
I just wish I were brave enough to do something practical to help.
不如我用你的名义捐款
Why don't I make a donation in your name?
真的吗
Really?
凡瑞恩先生 你令我惊喜连连
You continue to surprise me, Mr. van Rhijn.
因为不断受到小姐您的启发
And you continue to inspire me, Miss Beaton.
不晓得该如何评断你表哥
I wish I knew what to make of your cousin.
我从没见过他如此对待其他人
Well, I've never seen him like this with anyone.
你令他展现出最好一面
真是太好了
You bring out the best in him, and I'm glad.
我们该走了 -这么快
We should go. - Are you leaving so soon?
布鲁克小姐要去参加小女学校的茶宴
I'm afraid Miss Brook is expected at my daughter's school tea.
帮我跟奥斯卡说再见 -我会的
Tell Oscar goodbye for me. - Of course.
走吧
Shall we?
不用护送了
Well, there's no need for you to escort me.
我知道学校怎么去
I know my way to the school.
就让我尽这一点心力
It's the least I can do.
希腊是我传教之旅最爱的地方
Oh, Greece was my favorite of all the mission trips
那是好久以前的事了
but that was so long ago.
为什么不继续
Why did you stop?
父亲过世后 只剩母亲一人
When my father died, my mother was alone.
我返乡照顾她直到过世
I looked after her until the end.
你一定很想念传教的日子
Still, you must miss your missionary work.
若说我这辈子有何遗憾
If I were counting my regrets
鲜少旅行绝对是第一个
I would put lack of travel as number one.
现在去还来得及啊
It's not too late for you to travel.
这我不反对 因为我希望是真的
I shan't argue, since I hope it's true.
布鲁克小姐‥你能做的事还有好多
Miss Brook, there is so much that you can still do.
你们在这里啊
There you are.
感谢二位为我举办这场聚会
I want to thank both of you for holding this gathering for me.
我们很乐意
We were glad to do it.
你也知道艾达
You know Ada.
她做善事时最快乐了
Never happier than when she's doing good works.
确定不吃些东西
Are you sure you don't want anything else to eat?
再喝点茶呢
What about some more tea?
好吧 再帮我倒杯茶
All right. I'll have another cup of tea.
我看到蒙哥马利夫人了
I see Mrs. Montgomery, excuse me.
谢谢你
Thank you. - Of course.
令嫒真是迷人又成熟
Your daughter is charming, and so old for her age.
她不是‥ -跟她父亲很像
She isn't... - And she's just like her father.
我看过他来接女儿
I've watched him when he comes to collect her.
我得说你把他训练得真好
I must say, you have him wonderfully trained.
她是很像父亲‥
She is like her father, yes...
我们好像还没见过 我是格兰尼夫人
I don't think we've met, Mrs. Montgomery.
我不是蒙哥马利夫人
I'm Mrs. Glennie. I'm not Mrs. Montgomery.
敝姓布鲁克 是法兰丝的表亲
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表