剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
我有阿姆斯壮就行了
I rely on Armstrong. - Who always sets an alarm.
她还不是要靠闹钟 楼下大家一起帮他
We've all chipped in downstairs for John
凑申请费
to pay the patent fee.
也让我们出点吧
Well, then we must contribute.
钱已经够了
I think I got enough money.
钱永远不嫌多
No one has enough money.
我出五美元
Here are $5.
我会再给你三美元
And I'll give you 3.
阿姆斯壮小姐问说
But Miss Armstrong asked would I pay back
专利没通过会不会退费
the money if they don't give me the patent,
我应该没办法退钱
and I'm not sure I could.
别管阿姆斯壮
Never mind Armstrong.
我就喜欢资助发明家
I like the idea of supporting an inventor.
我该上楼更衣了
And now we must go up and change.
没想到她们如此慷慨
People can surprise you, can't they?
她们对你有信心
They believe in you.
我也是
And so do I.
为何搬来纽约
Why did you come to New York?
这里工作机会比较多
There was more possibilities over here.
整理发型你在行吗
Are you proficient in hairstyling?
今天头发是我自己弄的
I did my own today.
女为悦己者容
Women have their hair done for the gentlemen.
您说是吧 邱区先生
Don't you agree, Mr. Church?
瓦格纳夫人能帮你写推荐信
And Mrs. Wagner would give you a reference?
恐怕不行
Not Mrs. Wagner, no.
她已经过世了
She's dead.
整天工作 人生就太无趣了
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
真受不了伦敦
And I was sick of London.
您说是吧 邱区先生
Wouldn't you say so, Mr. Church?
这样就可以了
我们会再通知你
I think we've heard enough.
您有我的住址
We'll let you know. - You have my address.
希望您亲手来信
I hope you'll be the one to write to me.
找得到路出去吗
Can you find your way out?
出去就出去
If I have to.
这个不行‥
No. - No.
我有个建议
Might I make a suggestion?
给我一周或一个月试用期
I could come for a trial of a week or a month,
期间双方皆无义务
with no obligation on either side.
最后再请罗素夫人定夺
Then Mrs. Russell would have time to make up her mind.
很合理
Very sensible.
要是没其他事的话
Then I think that is everything.
我先告辞了
I will bid you good day.
我想不必再找了
I would say our search is done.
就是她了
Most definitely.
平克顿的人说劳工
Pinkerton's men say the worker's resolve
坚持不退让 必要时
is stronger than ever and they'll fight
会起身对抗
if it comes to it.
罗素先生 -请稍候一会儿
Mr. Russell. - I'll be with you in a moment.
帮吉柏先生倒杯咖啡
Could you give Mr. Gilbert some coffee?
继续说
Go on.
工厂四周都设了路障
They barricaded the mills and the river.
州长会派出国民卫队
The governor will send the National Guard,
工贼也准备好接手
and the scab labor's ready to take over.
能送他们进工厂吗
Will we have trouble getting them inside?
这里跟这里有部队
We'll have troops here and here
护送他们进大门
to escort them through the gates.
工贼能进入工厂
So you think you can get the scabs into the mills?
保证没问题
I can guarantee.
战争中没有事能笃定
There are no guarantees in war.
这就是战争
And that's what this is.
你自己都说了
As you yourself have said.
吉柏先生 让您久等了
And now, Mr. Gilbert, you've been very patient.
快别这么说
Of course, sir.
我很久没搭
It's some time since I've been
这么豪华的车厢
in a railroad car as fine as this.
你也看得出来我很忙
You can see I'm rather busy.
目前正前往匹兹堡
And I'm on my way to Pittsburgh, so perhaps,
我就直说找你来的原因了
I should cut straight to my reasons for asking you here.
请说
Good.
听我夫人说‥
Mrs. Russell tells me
温特顿夫妇离开学院派
that Mr. and Mrs. Joshua Winterton
转投你方阵营
have abandoned the Academy and come to you.
没错 原因我不甚清楚
They have.
是意想不到的成功
I don't really know why, but it is quite a coup for us.
我想也是
Just so.
听说温特顿夫人
And I gather Mrs. Winterton has requested the very box
要我夫人的包厢
that was earmarked for my wife.
承蒙罗素夫人
Mrs. Russell has
雅量 愿意承让
very graciously agreed to step aside.
我不能容许这种事
Ah, now, that is what cannot happen.
火车开动了吗
I'm sorry. Is the train moving?
开幕当天 我夫人要在
On the opening night, Mrs. Russell will preside
头等中♥央♥包厢主持仪式
from the central box in the first tier.
但我已答应‥ -提醒你一件事
But I've already-- - A memory test for you.
不久前剧院工程停摆
Some time ago, work stopped on the upper house
因为你把钱花光了
because you ran out of money.
是怎么重新开工的
When and why did it start again?
因为您出钱相助
Because you signed a check.
要我别告诉罗素夫人
But Mrs. Russell was not to be told.
现在你面临相似难题
And now you have a similar conundrum.
罗素夫人必须拿回中♥央♥包厢
Mrs. Russell will have her box back,
但在开幕日之前
but neither she nor Mrs. Winterton
她和温特顿两位夫人都不能知情
needs to be aware of this before the opening night.
温特顿夫妇不好应付
But the Wintertons are difficult.
要是我办不到呢
What if I can't arrange it?
那就立刻把钱全数还给我
Then I will demand the debt is repaid at once and in full.
要全数偿还
The whole debt?
借据是你自己签的
For which you yourself have signed.
我还有其他事要忙
Now, I'm afraid I must get back to my work.
再会 吉柏先生
Good day, Mr. Gilbert.
火车已经离站了
But the train's left the station.
搭到密德顿再下车就好
You can ride with us to Middleton and get off there.
先坐吧
Take a seat.
我去找医生看了背痛
Oh, I saw the doctor for my back.
他开给我一些药膏 -那就好
He gave me some liniment. - Good.
有一两处要再检查
He's looking into one or two things,
大夫认为应该没有大碍
but he seems to think I'm in reasonably good shape.
还有其他吩咐吗
Will there be anything else?
应该没有了
I don't think so, no.
还是你要再吃点起司
Unless you want some cheese?
不用了 谢谢
No, thank you.
你说要再检查是指什么
What do you mean, he's looking into some things?
应该没什么要紧的
There's nothing to worry about.
什么声音
What is that?
属于我俩的音乐盒
That is our very own music box.
什么
What?
这么大声
It sounds so loud.
想必是很大一台
It must be a very grand one.
是教友送我们的结婚礼物
A parishioner gave it to us as a wedding present.
我请莎莉开来听听
I asked Sally to turn it on.
这首是"蓝色多瑙河"
It's playing the "Blue Danube."
一起跳个舞吧
Come dance with me.
你让我感觉像回到十六岁
You make me feel as if I were 16 again.
这是好事吗
Is that good?
我觉得很好
It feels good to me.
你好
Hello.
你刚上哪儿去了
Where are you coming from?
在公家机关排了一下午的队
I stood in line all afternoon at a government office
好申请我的发明专利
to try to get a patent for my invention.
抱歉最近很少来找你
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表