剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
八 八 八‥
Eight, eight, eight,eight, eight, eight!
我不会占用太多时间
I won't keep you all night!
你们的自♥由♥时间已经很少了
You have little enough time of your own!
没错‥八 八 八
That's right. Eight, eight, eight!
八小时工作 八小时休息
Eight hours of work, eight hours of rest,
和八小时‥
and eight hours...
自♥由♥时间‥
For what you will!
资方已就绪 祭出巡逻队和枪枝
Now, they'll be ready with their patrols and their guns.
大家拿起自己的武器
We'll bring weapons of our own!
工贼别想抢走我们的工作
Yeah! - No scabs will take our job!
罢♥工♥ 罢♥工♥‥
Strike, strike, strike,
罢♥工♥ 罢♥工♥‥
strike, strike, strike, strike, Strike, strike, strike, strike,
罢♥工♥‥
strike, strike...
温特顿已决定加入
With the Wintertons joining us--
还带了一大票朋友
And bringing a host of friends.
我确信大都会歌♥剧院开幕后
I feel more confident than ever
肯定能大获全胜
that our new Metropolitan Opera will be a great success.
那真是太好了
This is good news.
请问你打算带哪些朋友
May I ask, who are the friends you propose
加入我方阵营
to bring over to our side?
你想要又得不到的人
The people you want, but couldn't get,
威尔森家 马歇尔家 韦伯家 -与其他人等
the Wilsons, the Marshalls, the Webbs, and many others.
不错嘛
My.
温特顿先生很有说服力
Mr. Winterton can be very persuasive.
只不过有个小问题
But there is one slight issue.
可想而知
Why am I not surprised?
温特顿夫妇帮了很大的忙
The Wintertons have done us such a great service in this.
我同意
Yes.
他们希望拿下头等中♥央♥包厢
And they want the central box in the first tier.
我的包厢
You mean my box?
不然要坐哪儿 我们从学院
Where else should we sit when we've encouraged
拉来一大堆朋友
our friends to leave the Academy?
自然想看到我们坐中♥央♥包厢
They'll expect us to be in the central box.
大家都希望大都会能成功
We all want the Metropolitan to be a success.
这是共识吧
Surely, we can agree on that.
会成功的 多亏了我们
And now it will be, thanks to us.
这些应该够用这个礼拜的
This should take you through the week.
请在这里签名
Just sign here.
先生
Sir? - Ah.
邱区先生喝醉了
Mr. Church. He was drunk?
不晓得罗素先生知不知道 他的管家出门买♥♥醉
I wonder if Mr. Russell knows that his butler goes out and gets drunk.
我们不必多管閒事
It's not our concern.
不见得吧
I don't agree.
我绝对不能坐视不管
And I do not believe that I can let it rest there.
还在为告状的事生气
Is it that stupid letter again?
他都已经道歉了
He said he was sorry. - He can say what he likes.
事后说啥也没用 他状都告了
He still wrote it.
所以是你想趁机报复
So this is a chance for revenge?
是报复吗
Is it revenge I seek?
还是讨公道
Or is it justice?
看你怎么想了
That is the question.
卡司特桥太平洋公♥司♥
凡瑞恩先生 麻烦你跑一趟
Ah, Mr. Van Rhijn, thank you for coming.
这是要给您的支票
I have your check right here.
很意外收到你的信
Your note surprised me.
我不明白怎么回事
I'm not sure I understand.
之前已经说过
I have already told you that the principals want
大股东希望投资人数
to proceed with as few investors
越少越好
in the partnership as possible.
我虽破例让你投资
I was able to get you in, but they're now insisting
其他股东仍坚持减少人数
that we reduce our numbers, and so they are paying
决定溢价买♥♥下小股东的股份
a premium to buy out all of the smaller stakeholders.
我想您会满意短期内获利良多
I think you'll find you made a good return in a short time.
获利很惊人
Astonishing return.
很高兴您能满意
I'm pleased if you're pleased.
如果我不拿这笔钱呢
But suppose I don't want to accept the check.
要投资多少钱才能当上大股东
How much would I have to invest to be a principal
我也不确定
and not a small stakeholder?
很大一笔钱吧
I don't know, Mr. Van Rhijn, a great deal of money.
建议您还是收下支票
My advice would be to cash that check
好好享受获利
and enjoy the profits you have made.
若我不兑现支票 两天后
But if I don't cash it, and I come back in two days
带着更多资金来呢
with a great deal of money?
凡瑞恩先生
Mr. Van Rhijn, may I ask,
请问彼顿小姐知情吗
is Miss Beaton aware of any of this?
不知道 她肯定会劝退我
No, she would only try to dissuade me,
这你不用担心
but please, don't worry about that.
我会找时间告诉她 一同庆祝获利
I will tell her in good time for us to celebrate together.
晚餐时间到了
回夫人 还没
- Is it dinner? - Not quite, ma'am.
我该早点拿上来 却忘记了
I should have brought these up earlier, but I forgot.
这些是下午您出门时收到的
It's the afternoon post. It came when you were out.
真对不起 -没关系
I am sorry. - Never mind.
谁寄来的信
Who was that from?
你艾达姑妈
Your Aunt Ada.
不用想也知道 又在嚷嚷不可言喻的幸福
No doubt bleating on about her untold happiness.
不可言喻还说那么多
If only it were untold.
因为她很幸福
I think she is happy.
这封是达许寄来的
Oh, this is from Dashiell.
他要举办支持植物园的派对
He's giving a party to support the botanical gardens.
真是一大善举
That's good of him.
他的家族长年赞助植物园
His family have been patrons for years.
重点是 他想邀你一同参加
But more to the point, he wants you to be one of the guests.
何不写给我就好
Then why didn't he write to me?
因为我也受邀
Well, I'm also invited.
看得出来他很中意你
But clearly, he is quite taken with you.
我知道你认为他是好对象
I know you think Dashiell very suitable.
别把我想的那么市侩
You must give me some credit, Marian.
他的好不仅限于
I do not think he is suitable
出身高贵又有钱
because he is well-born and rich,
除了这些实用的特质
but in addition to those useful qualities,
他还很聪明 人又随和
he is also intelligent and very nice.
甚至还很英俊
He's even handsome.
简直是梦中情人呢
What more could a girl ask for?
我只是劝你考虑一下
I only mean that you should consider it.
艾达姑妈也说过类似的话
Aunt Ada said something similar.
真的
Really?
真没想到啊 她这人向来不切实际
As a rule, realism is not her strong suit.
达许的派对是哪天
When is Dashiell's party?
廿一日下午
The afternoon of the 21st.
怎么了吗
What's the matter?
我那天要去
That's the afternoon I said I would
亚当斯小姐的学校教课
teach Jane Addams' class.
开什么玩笑
Oh, you cannot be serious.
为了帮穷鬼上课不去派对
You would miss it to teach a bunch of indigents?
画画对他们有什么帮助
How will painting help them anyway?
难不成接下来要学镀金 缝蕾丝
What are they to learn next? Gilding?
还是潜水取珍珠
Lace making? How to dive for pearls?
我在教他们读书写字
I'm teaching them to read and write.
不能隔天再教吗
But why not teach them the following day.
我敢保证他们隔天一样穷困潦倒
They'll still be poor and needy on the 22nd, I promise you.
艾达姑妈信里说什么
What does Aunt Ada say?
还不就那些
What does she always say?
她好极了 先生也好极了
She's wonderful, he's wonderful,
连尼加拉瀑布也好极了
even the Niagara Falls are wonderful.
她会的形容词可真少
She seems rather limited in her choice of adjectives.
别这样浇她冷水
Let her enjoy herself.
等他们回纽约 拜托态度好一点
And when they come back to New York,
这样对全家都好
please be kind to them, for all our sakes.
我是气不过他看艾达天真
It is hard to be kind when he has taken
而趁机占便宜
advantage of her innocence.
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表