剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
但希望你能陪我去壮壮胆
but only if you'll come with me.
我很乐意
I'd be happy to,
报答你今天帮我这大忙
especially since you're doing me such a good service today.
彼得巴恩斯先生到
Mr. Peter Barnes.
很高兴再相见,巴恩斯先生
It's good to see you again, Mr. Barnes.
抱歉把你从工作中找过来
And thank you for letting me drag you away from your duties.
想必罗素夫人仍像以前那般苛求?
I suppose Mrs. Russell is as demanding as usual?
我也很高兴看到透纳小姐
I'm glad to see you too, Miss Turner--
该改口温特顿夫人才对
or I should say Mrs. Winterton now.
罗素夫人的事你说对了
But you're right about Mrs. Russell,
我恐怕不能久留
and I'm afraid I can't stay more than a minute.
下周宴会准备得如何了?
How are the preparations going for her dinner next week?
大家为招待公爵兴奋不已
Everyone's in a fizz about entertaining a duke--
尤其是邱区先生,你也知道的
Mr. Church more than the others, you can imagine.
邱区先生还是老样子
Good old Mr. Church--
爱强调自己多重要
never one to play down his own importance.
想请你帮个忙
But I need you to do me a favor--
别担心,不会让你做白工
a paid favor, of course.
老朋友这就见外了
What are old friends for?
不只你一人
You won't be working alone.
波登先生请了几个厨师帮手
Mr. Borden has hired some chefs to help him.
其中有一个史奈德
And one of them, a Mr. Schneider,
是我的暗桩
is working for me.
这事儿越来越有意思了
This grows more intriguing by the minute.
-您好,寇德先生 -彼顿小姐
Hello, Mr. Crowther. - Ah, Miss Beaton.
每次见到您总是很开心
It's always a pleasure to see you again.
您在说客气话吧
I wish I could believe that.
每次费唇舌向我解释
You must be so bored having to explain
肯定很烦闷
the whole thing every time.
-所以我请来凡瑞恩先生 -幸会
That's why I brought Mr. Van Rhijn.
有他在
How do you do?
我才不会自觉像个傻瓜
He is going to try and stop me feeling like a fool.
恐怕不能让他在场
I'm not sure he should be here.
您完全可以相信我
拜托让他陪我
- You can trust me implicitly. - Please let him stay.
照理不可以这样
This is highly unusual.
二位请坐
Please sit down.
-要喝点什么?
Can I offer you any refreshment?
-不用了,谢谢
No, thank you.
我想多了解一下贵公♥司♥
But I'd love to know more about the company.
这本手册可以看
Uh, here's a booklet, if you'd like to read it.
谢谢
I would.
听彼顿小姐说你们打算收♥购♥
Miss Beaton has told me about your plans
芝加哥暨大西洋铁路
to take over the Chicago and Atlantic Railway.
-她是这样说的? -我说错了吗?
Has she, indeed? Was I wrong?
倒也没错
Not wrong, exactly.
会付诸实行?
But it's going through?
当然会,势在必行
Oh, yes, most definitely.
资金募足了?
You have all the money you need?
还差一点,预计两周内可达标
We have nearly all the money we need.We should reach our target in the next couple of weeks.
古尔德先生还满意吗?
And Mr. Gould is satisfied?
你知道的可真多
Heavens, you are well informed.
近来我跟他无话不谈
I'm afraid I tell him everything these days.
请别生我的气
Please don't be angry with me.
还请凡瑞恩先生
I would just ask Mr. Van Rhijn to keep silent
别向外透露所知才好
about any information you may give him.
不能在最后关头坏了事
We cannot risk wrecking the deal at the last moment.
我保证绝对守口如瓶
I'll be as silent as the grave, I promise.
艾达小姐要我送餐到她房♥里
Miss Ada has asked for a tray in her room.
我不懂,她又没生病
I don't understand. She's not ill.
她没说原因
She didn't say.
都能吃了,肯定没病
She's well enough to eat.
要请鲍尔太太帮她备餐吗?
Shall I tell Mrs. Bauer to prepare a tray?
好吧,谢谢
Yes, thank you.
知道她怎么回事吗?
Do you know what this is about?
爱格姑妈,您有许多特质
You are many things, Aunt Agnes,
-但肯定不会如此迟钝吧
but I'd never describe you as obtuse.
-你倒是说说看
Mm. Explain yourself.
她不出房♥门是因为
It's the way you spoke to Aunt Ada
您说话的态度
that keeps her in her room.
她终于找到结婚对象
She's finally found the man she wants to marry.
您就不能接受吗?
Can't you just accept it?
别忘了,我可是收留你的人
You've not forgotten that you live here at my pleasure?
您真想跟
Do you really want to quarrel
唯一在世的手足闹翻?
with your only surviving sibling?
这门婚事太丢人了
This marriage would be a disgrace.
要是我放任不管让她下嫁
What would our parents think
怎么对得起父母?
if I were to say nothing and let this happen?
所以你欺负活人来讨好死人
So you try to please the dead by bullying the living?
你或许不在乎我的想法 或艾达姑妈的感受
You might not care what I think or how Aunt Ada feels,
我敢说你很在乎外界眼光
but I'm certain you care what everyone else will say.
在外人看来
And to the outside world, it will seem that
你像小孩般闹脾气
you are petulant and angry
是因为艾达不再对你唯命是从
because Ada is no longer at your beck and call.
玛丽安小姐也在
Will Miss Marian also be having a tray
房♥内用餐吗?
in her room, ma'am?
这是塔斯基吉镇
It is now the largest building
规模最大的建物
in the town of Tuskegee.
可惜波特先生无法亲自到场
Unfortunately, Mr. Porter could not be here,
感谢他慷慨解囊,热心公益
事不宜迟
but we thank him for his generosity and public spirit.
在此向各位宣布
So without further ado, I present to you
艾夫海恩波特宿舍楼正式落成
the A.H. Porter Dormitory.
我去采访华盛顿先生
I'm going to go talk to Mr. Washington.
我去采访与会者
All right. I'll get some quotes.
大卫,是你啊
Oh, David. Hello.
能否采访你?
Do you mind if I get a few quotes for the newspaper?
我很乐意
Not at all. Not at all.
你有何感想啊
So how does it feel to be able to attend class
能在亲手打造的
and live in a building
大楼上课与生活
you helped create with your own hands?
我非常感动
Mm. It's very moving.
而且没想到我会这么激动
In fact, I didn't expect it to be so emotional.
大卫,要哭了吗?
Getting weepy, David?
我很自豪,这么大的楼都能盖了
I'm proud to know that we really did that.
还有什么做不到的呢
It makes me feel like we could do anything.
你学成后有什么打算?
And what do you plan to do with your Tuskegee diploma?
我希望有自己的农场来养家
I'd like to have my own farm so I could support a family.
我见过你女友
I met your girlfriend.
我也想用农场
I'd also like to use my farm
来帮忙家里的生意
to help out with our family business.
-什么样的生意? -家母开了一家餐馆
And what's that? - My mama started a restaurant.
我想以自耕农作
I plan on supplying them with the harvest
提供餐馆食材
from the crop on my land.
在此预祝你成功
Mm. Well, I wish you all the best.
谢谢
Thank you.
哪天去用个餐?
You should visit my mama's place.
太好了,一言为定
Oh, yes, we might take you up on that.
-华盛顿先生要带大家参观 -走吧
But first, Mr. Washington wants to give us a tour.
再次谢谢你
Of course. Thank you again, David.
-很高兴认识二位 -保重
It was nice seeing y'all. - Take care.
我请家母招待你们
I'll tell my mama to look out for you.
谢啦
Yes, sir.
帮我拿进去
Take these for me, would you?
你好
Hello.
布鲁克小姐
Ah, Miss Brook.
罗素先生,
Mr. Russell.
你怎么回来了?
What a surprise.
还以为你会在纽波特过夏天
I thought you were spending the summer in Newport.
很可惜计划生变
Unfortunately, my plans changed.
怎么个可惜法?
Unfortunately?
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表