剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
我听说新宿舍楼的好消息
I hear great things about your new dormitory.
恭喜你了
You should be congratulated.
谢谢您的祝贺
That's kind of you. Thank you.
南方真的改变这么多
Have things changed that much in the South?
还是您身份特殊
Or is it just you?
我们与白人关系稍有进展
We're making incremental changes with the whites
大部分改变还是我们自己
but even bigger changes for ourselves.
等看到学校你就会明白
You'll see when we get to the school.
要一起去见我父亲吗
Would you like to come out with me and see my father?
不了 下课后我跟姑妈约在公园
I can't. I'm to meet my aunt in the park right after school.
再一起走回家
We're walking home together.
布鲁克老师
您好 巴恩斯小姐
- Miss Brook. - Hello, Miss Barnes.
有空说个话吗
May I have a word with you?
当然有啊
Of course.
你听说过珍亚当斯吗
Are you familiar with Jane Addams?
她致力社会改革工作
She's dedicated to social reform.
我们打算参与她发起的公益课程
We're joining her in starting some charity classes
正在找志工教师
for which we need teachers.
我想请你帮忙授课
I would like you to help with this cause.
要我在她的课堂教画画
Would I teach painting at Miss Addams's classes?
不是 是生活实用技能课程
No. They need skills to give them a chance in life
读写和基础算数
reading, writing, basic arithmetic.
诸如此类的 -原来如此
That sort of thing. - I see.
谢谢您想到我
你是不二人选
- Thank you for thinking of me. - Of course.
你不喜欢牡丹花
You hate peonies.
不会啊
怎会这么说
No, why would you say that?
我很少送花给女士
I've not given flowers to many women
这点你无须担心
but I don't think you should be worried.
花是很美
They're lovely.
老实说我是怕爱格会怎么想
But I admit I do wonder what Agnes will think.
花是送给你的 艾达布鲁克
Those flowers are for you, Ada Brook.
不是别人
And no one else.
我很喜欢
They're very beautiful.
谢谢你
Thank you.
快走
Yes.
先生往这边
Right this way, sir, right this way.
谢谢你
Oh, thank you.
小心 天啊
Oh, my!
玛丽安怎么办
What about Marian?
不能丢下她先走
We can't leave without her.
雨这么大她应该不来了
Well, she won't come here in the rain.
就顺路去学校看她还在不在
Why don't we go by the school to see if she's still there?
好 就这么办
Oh, yes, let's do that.
最近听到一些流言让我有些焦虑
Some gossip has reached me that I confess I find disquieting.
还以为是找我来谈新歌♥剧院的事
I thought I was here to talk about the new opera house.
那事不急
That can wait.
你看过报导了吗
Did you see the article?
在讲你跟赖瑞那篇
About you and Larry?
没指名道姓 如此肯定
How can you be so sure? It gave no names.
报纸怎么写你我管不着
Don't think I care what they write about you
但不能连累到我儿子
but I do not want them to connect you with my son.
赖瑞只是替我工作
Larry is working for me.
你玩儿够了 该收手了吧
You've had your fun. Isn't it time to end it?
你在说什么
What are you talking about?
你想从他身上得到什么
What is it you want from him?
你不能帮他生儿子
You can't give him an heir.
二十年后他正值壮年 你却要拄枴杖了
In 20 years, when he is in his prime, you'll be walking with a stick.
就算不忍♥心抛弃你
Even if he feels too guilty to leave
也会私心盼你早点死
part of him will be waiting for you to die.
就像你当年
You must remember what that was like
巴不得垂老的丈夫早点死
when you were married to your husband.
竟敢对我说这种话
How dare you say such things!
因为句句不假
I dare because they're true. - I'm leaving.
我要走了 -那好 至于歌♥剧院‥
Very well. And about the opera... - I don't care about the opera!
我才不在乎 -那太好了
Well, that's good because since I wrote
自从我寄信后包厢都订光了
the boxes have all gone.
所以我这趟白来了
So I came here for nothing?
恐怕是的
I'm afraid it looks that way.
谢谢你
Thank you. - I enjoyed myself
虽然下雨我还是很开心
despite the rain.
期待再次与你相见
I look forward to our next meeting.
应该是礼拜天了
I suppose that will be Sunday.
能提早吗
Can I see you sooner?
怎么做
How?
你来教堂讨论传教慈善
You could come by the church to discuss missionary charities
或跟我一起唱诗
or sit with me for choir rehearsal?
明晚能出门吗
Can you get away tomorrow evening?
爱格又没把我关在家 -那就好
Agnes doesn't keep me captive.
我可没办法等到礼拜天
Good. I don't think I have the patience to wait until Sunday.
明天见
'Til then.
怎么你没来公园找我
What happened?You never came to the park.
放学后校长有事找我
The headmistress asked to speak to me after school
后来下雨 我便自己招车回来
and by then, it was raining, so I caught a cab.
牧师送你回来
Did the rector drop you off?
对
Yes.
花也是他送的
Did he give you those?
没错
He did.
麻烦你帮我处理吧
Would you take care of them for me?
我现在没力气向爱格解释
I don't have the strength to explain them to Agnes.
我先去更衣
I'd better change.
我认为很值得参与
I think it'll be worthwhile.
你一定很自豪吧
You must be proud.
代表校长很看重你
It means the headmistress thinks highly of you.
什么时候开始帮那些乞丐上课
When does it begin? Teaching these beggars?
别这样说他们
Please don't call them that.
明晚来试试
I thought tomorrow night
"妇女家政杂♥志♥"上的羊肉食谱
we might try that lamb receipt from the Ladies Home Journal.
我交给鲍尔太太了
I've given it to Mrs. Bauer.
威尔森夫人约了我吃饭 芬恩夫妇也会去
Oh. Mrs. Wilson's asked me to dine. The Fanes are going.
我以为你要出门所以答应了
I accepted because I thought you'd be out.
我的约取消了 邓波夫人身体不适
My dinner was cancelled. Mrs. Temple is ill.
那我吩咐厨娘就准备二人份的
I'll have to tell Mrs. Bauer it will just be the two of us.
很不巧‥我明晚也有事
Actually, I have plans for tomorrow evening.
有事
Plans?
你能有什么事
What can you mean? What sort of plans?
我要去教堂办点事
I have business to attend to at the church.
又是因为弗特牧师
Presumably this is the reverend Mr. Forte again?
他想讨论传教慈善
He wants to discuss the missionary charities.
他白天要工作 晚上才有时间
He's working all day, so he asked me to come in later.
还有唱诗班练习
There's to be a choir practice.
你晚餐怎么办
And what will you do about dinner?
我想他会看着办的
I'm sure he'll see to it that I don't go hungry.
玛丽安认为你俩在打情骂俏
Marian thinks you are engaged in a full-blown flirtation.
什么
What?
你说跟弗特牧师吗
You mean with the reverend Mr. Forte?
不然还有其他人 -当然没有
Why? Are there others? - Of course not.
爱格姑妈 我没说过这种话
I never said that, Aunt Agnes.
你说了
I think you did.
玛丽安老爱加油添醋取笑我 取笑你跟我
Marian likes to embroider things to tease me, to tease us both.
若是真的 就枉费我照顾你这么多年
Because it would seem a poor return after all these years
竟想丢下我一人
if you were to desert me now.
爱格 你是怎么了
Agnes, what has got into you?
所以你跟他没什么囉
So Mr. Forte is nothing?
他人很好 我也很喜欢他
He is an extremely nice man, and I like him very much.
就这样而已
That is all I feel for him
我想他的感受也是如此
and I am quite sure it is all he feels for me.
若有进一步呢
But if it were more?
世事难料 切勿杞人忧天 庸人自扰
"If ifs and ands were pots and pans, there'd be no need for tinkers."
认真点 -这事没什么好认真的
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表