剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
麦卡里斯特先生来信说 要来参加今日茶宴
Mr. McAllister has written. He's coming to my tea today.
麦卡里斯特在玩两面手法
McAllister is playing a complicated game.
想看他被阿斯特夫人发现
I'd like to be there when Mrs. Astor finds out.
接下来会比他想的複杂
It's about to get more complicated than he knows.
-怎麽说? -你以后就知道了
Why do you say that? - You'll find out.
对了,他会带温特顿夫人过来
By the way, he's bringing Mrs. Winterton with him.
-你是指透纳? -对
You mean Turner? - Yes.
你允许她踏进这个家门?
Into our home? You'll allow that?
麦卡里斯特认为有些人
McAllister thinks some people will take a box at the Met
愿意在学院和大都会各取包厢
even if they already have one at the Academy.
这样不会遭惩罚?
Wouldn't they be punished?
降贵纡尊新歌♥剧院不是大逆不道?
Isn't lending status to the new house a serious crime?
重点是我们需要老贵族
The point is, we need the old crowd
约书亚温特顿是创始成员
and Joshua Winterton is a charter member.
他取了包厢,其他人或许会跟进
If they take a box, any number may follow.
你不介意去讨好从前的下人?
And you don't object, to courting your former servant?
没办法,就算再难受也得吞忍♥
I can't afford to object, even if it sticks in my craw.
不怕她把事情抖出来?
But can she be trusted?
她不想曝光自己以前是侍女
She won't want anyone to know she was once a lady's maid.
在这方面是我占上风
I have the upper hand where that's concerned.
花饰好了,请夫人过目
The flowers are ready for your inspection, madam.
谢谢
Thank you.
邱区‥我先说明,今天有位宾客会让你吃惊
Church, I should explain that one of my guests today
请克制好表情
may surprise you, but please don't show it.
是,夫人
Of course, ma'am.
对面今天又怎麽了?
What are they up to today?
我也不知道
I'm not sure,
可说是纷至沓来呢
but there is quite a bustle of arrivals.
你是指人吗?
You mean of people?
当然是人
Yes, people.
罗素家的话,那很难说
Well, with the Russells, one cannot be certain.
就算请
I wouldn't be surprised
巴拿姆贝理马戏团来表演
if they hired Barnum and Bailey's Circus
也不足为奇
to perform in the hall.
来者大多是女士,应该不是马戏团
It looks like it's mostly women, so probably not the circus.
看过宾客名单才能确定
I'd like to see the guest list before I reach any conclusions.
我说爱格啊,你不怀念宴会吗?
Oh, Agnes. Don't you miss parties?
你在盘算些什麽?
Are you planning something?
我想邀新任牧师来午餐
I'd like to invite the new rector for luncheon.
每週日上午都听他冗长无趣的佈道
We have to listen to him drone on all Sunday morning.
主会嫌我们听得还不够?
Can the Lord really want more from us than that?
-话虽如此‥
Although...
-怎麽了?你新冒出来的
What? - Your newfound piety
虔心或能派上用场
may be put to good use after all.
我信教已经很久了
My faith is not new.
对啦‥达许蒙哥马利写信给我
Yes. But Dashiell Montgomery has written to me.
-说什麽? -我很高兴
And? - I'm glad to say
他有心追求玛丽安
he's taken a real interest in Marian
希望我能帮他一把
and he wants me to promote his cause.
-你跟玛丽安说了吗?
Have you spoken to Marian about it?
-还没
No.
他虽年纪稍长 却不失为好对象
He may be a bit older, but he's a good match
她该知足了 就坏在她太倔强
and she ought to be grateful, but she's stubborn.
很可能一意孤行
She may dig in her heels.
得小心管束她
We must manage her carefully.
我才不想管束她呢
I don't want to manage her at all.
-那就邀他和你的牧师一起来午餐
We'll invite him to luncheon with your reverend.
-他不是我的牧师
He's not mine.
希望他在上起司前能结束佈道
Let's hope he finishes the sermon before it's time for the cheese.
汤玛斯霍华伉俪到
Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Howard!
约书亚温特顿夫人到
Mrs. Joshua Winterton!
你没事吧?
Are you all right?
回老爷,我好像看到‥
I'm not sure, sir. I thought I saw...
你没看错
You did.
那真是透纳小姐?
So, that was Miss Turner?
我来就好,你回楼下厨房♥去
I'll manage here. Go back downstairs to the kitchens.
-干嘛匆匆忙忙的? -那个人在这裡
What's the hurry? - She's here!
我刚才在楼上看到她了
She's here! I just saw her upstairs!
看到谁了?
Who is?
雅德海,你在发抖,冷静
Adelheid, you're shaking. Calm down.
我一定得告诉你们
No! I must tell you!
夫人以前的贴身侍女透纳
Miss Turner, the mistress's lady's maid, is here!
她人就在楼上 她来干嘛
Upstairs! - Why?
要回来工作吗?
Does she want her job back?
不是,她来参加夫人的歌♥剧茶宴
No, she's here for Mrs. Russell's opera tea!
-她也是宾客 -什麽?
As a guest! - What?
她一进门就把外套交给我
She came in and handed me her coat
邱区先生唱名她为温特顿夫人
and Mr. Church announced her as Mrs. Winterton.
-我不懂 -我也不懂
I don't understand. - Neither do I.
醒醒吧,这裡是美国
Wake up. This is America. You can be anything you want.
想成为谁都行,我最清楚
I should know.
-看来大家都知道了 -是真的吗?
I see you've all heard the news.
透纳小姐是在这裡没错
Is it really true? - That Miss Turner is here? Yes.
夫人知会过我,但没说详情
Mrs. Russell warned me, but not of the specifics.
我也同样惊讶,但大家别忘了本分
I'm as shocked as anyone, but we've all got a job to do.
约书亚温特顿非常有钱
Joshua Winterton is a very rich man.
房♥产很可观
He has a fortune in property.
-你怎麽知道? -报上说的
How do you know? - I read the papers.
家僕不该议论雇主的宾客
It's not for servants to discuss the guests of their employer.
透纳小姐不是普通宾客
But Miss Turner is hardly just another guest.
她现在是温特顿夫人 是罗素夫人的朋友
Her name is now Mrs. Winterton and she is a friend of the mistress.
-可是她‥ -听邱区先生的话
But, she's... - Listen to Mr. Church.
先去收拾餐桌布
And there are some linens that need to be put away
除非楼上需要你帮忙
unless you're still wanted upstairs.
她还是待在楼下比较好
It might be best if she stayed down here.
也对
Yes.
我再跟她说,谢谢费许夫人
I'll talk to her now. - Thank you, Mrs. Fish.
罗素夫人
Oh, Mrs. Russell.
失陪一下,费许夫人找我
Excuse me. Mrs. Fish calls.
那你快去吧
Well, then, you better answer.
罗素先生,感谢提供贵府为场地
Mr. Russell, how kind of you to open your house.
为了正当理由
It's for a good cause.
会打乱纽约社交圈秩序的理由
A cause that is disrupting New York society.
我不确定是否正当
I don't know if that's good or not.
凡我夫人要的即为正当
Any cause of my wife's is good.
感谢各位大驾光临
I'd like to thank you all for coming.
有些人来需要勇气
For some of you, I know this took courage
但在场各位对艺术的热情
but for all of us, our passion for the arts
受到音乐学院所限缩
has been curtailed by the narrow limits of the Academy of Music.
如今不同了 我们需要大都会歌♥剧院
Until now. We need the Metropolitan.
不仅是为了我们
Not only for ourselves
更因伟大的纽约市 需要足以匹配的歌♥剧院
but so a great city like New York can have the opera house it deserves.
对了,在此宣佈一项消息
Oh, and I thought you would be interested to hear
大都会将于10月22日开幕
we have decided to open our season on the 22nd of October.
那会跟音乐学院撞期
But that's the same date as the Academy of Music!
正是
I believe it is.
所以两家歌♥剧院要正面对决?
So, the two opera houses are to go head-to-head?
就是正面对决,有一个是赢家
That's it. Head-to-head, and one will be the winner.
我今天请了吉柏先生到场
Now, I have invited Mr. Gilbert to join us today.
由他来答覆会碰上的要务
He can answer any questions about the task facing us.
我与夫人同样欢迎各位
I echo Mrs. Russell's welcome
向各位报告 她已答应
and I thought you might like to know that she's accepted a place
担任大都会歌♥剧院董事
on the board of the Metropolitan Opera.
凡对演出剧码
And now, for those of you who have questions...
和索取包厢有疑问者
what is our program, how can you secure a box
我很乐意向各位解答
come and find me.
温特顿夫人
Ah, Mrs. Winterton.
我当然完全同意
Of course. Yes, I do agree with you.
抱歉我来晚了,佈置教室耽搁了
I'm sorry I'm late. I stayed to help rearrange a classroom.
你现在连傢俱都得搬了?
So, you're moving furniture now?
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表