剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
你怎么来了?
Why are you here?
是来劝我搬去加州吗?
Have you come to order me to leave for California?
不是
No.
你现在不希望我搬走了?
Do you no longer want me to go?
我从来没这么想过
I never did.
现在我知情了,
You were supposed to have gone
更不可能让您走
before I knew anything about it.
我丈夫以为是在保护我
My husband thought he was protecting me,
但他错了
but he was wrong.
我后来才发现您寄来的信
And then I found your letters to him.
别难过,没事的
No.Everything's going to be fine.
告诉我‥你是怎么想的
Just tell me, what do you want me to do?
我全都会依你的意思
Whatever it is, I will do it.
我希望您留在纽约
I want you to stay.Here in New York.
我们会帮您准备公♥寓♥,打理一切
You will have an apartment with whatever you need,
您的身份是退休银行家科利尔
and you'll be a retired banker called Collyer.
这本来就是事实,没半句假话
Which is exactly who you are, no word of a lie.
那么我得辞去工作了
I suppose I must relinquish my job.
希望偶尔能见见你和孩子
I hope I may see you and the children sometimes.
当然可以
Yes.
您还会成为我们社交圈一份子
And you'll meet our friends and be in our world
而且是以我父亲的身份
as my father.
我明天再写信说明细节
I'll write tomorrow with a plan.
别担心,我俩终于团圆了
We'll be all right, you and me.
结果如何?
What are we to make of that?
麦克尼尔夫人带来的消息是好是坏?
Did Mrs. McNeil bring good news or bad?
是好消息
The best.
天大的好消息
The very best.
太好了
I'm glad.
今后我能过上好日子了
It seems I'm to have a life after all.
艾达人呢?
Where's Ada?
我希望她在睡觉
I hope she's sleeping.
说的是,我也希望如此
You're right. I hope so too.
很高兴有机会与你独处
I'm glad to have a moment alone with you.
我想为你当初的反对表达谢意
It gives me a chance to thank you for your restraint.
我知道你很反对这门婚事
I know you never wanted the marriage,
现在看来你是对的
and now you've been proved right.
这把年纪还娶她,是我太自私
I was selfish to take her on at my age.
别这么说
No.
你带给舍妹
You have given my sister a taste of the kind
前所未有的幸福感
of happiness she had never known.
这点我看得很清楚
I see that quite clearly.
才刚浅尝幸福滋味
Only to desert her now,
现在却要丢下她
when she's hardly got used to the sensation.
快乐时光确实短暂
It has been too brief, certainly.
但她余生每当想起你时
But for the rest of her time on Earth,
总能感到倍受珍爱的温情
she has only to think of you to feel warm,
以及深深的爱恋
and cherished, and deeply loved.
你改变了她的一生
You have changed her life.
爱格,感谢你的宽容
That is generous of you, Agnes.
与无比的善意
I know how generous.
我说的是实话
It is the truth.
我不在了‥能请你帮帮艾达吗?
Can I ask you to help Ada when I'm gone?
那还用说吗
Well, of course I'll help her.
她是我妹妹啊
She's my little sister.
你多睡会儿吧
Now go back to sleep,
免得艾达又要怪我了
or you'll get me in trouble.
罗素先生
Mr. Russell! - Papers!
有事吗?
Sir, would you like a paper? - What's that?
我只是来打声招呼
I was just saying hello.
你好,凡瑞恩先生
Hello to you, Mr. Van Rhijn.
希望我们别心存芥蒂才好
I don't want things to be awkward between us.
你是指追求葛莱蒂的事?
I assume you're referring to Gladys.
对‥再加上铁路的事
Yes, and the matter with the railway.
什么意思?
I don't follow you.
实不相瞒 我是卡司特桥
As it turns out, I'm a substantial shareholder
太平洋的大股东
in the Casterbridge Pacific company.
哪一家?
Who?
就是与贵公♥司♥争夺
The company that bid against you
芝加哥大西洋线的公♥司♥
for the Chicago and Atlantic line.
我们确实买♥♥下该线
Well, you're right that we bought the railroad,
只是尚未公诸于世
though it hasn't been announced yet.
我倒没听过卡司特桥太平洋
But I've never heard of the Casterbridge Pacific.
怎么会,该不会弄错了吧?
I don't understand. Might you be mistaken?
熟悉业界各巨头
I make it my business to know every major player
是我的工作
in my industry.
我没听过的
If I've not heard of them,
表示微不足道
they cannot be of any consequence.
再见,凡瑞恩先生
Good day to you, Mr. Van Rhijn.
恭喜了,史考特小姐
Congratulations, Miss Scott. -
这还只是起步
Remember, it's only the first step.
那倒是真的
Now, that's true.
可惜新入学的白人学生 大都是爱尔兰裔
It's a shame most of the new white pupils are Irish.
怎会说这种话?
That doesn't sound like you.
委员会大概不会觉得
Yeah, I'm just not sure the board think much better
爱裔比黑人裔学童好到哪里去
of the Irish than they do of the colored children.
好个新美国民♥主♥社会
In this bright new democracy of America.
我来写篇专题报导
Let me write an article about it.
以迫使委员会做出正确决定
Let me shame the board into making the right decision.
战力满满
这就是我想听到的
- Fighting talk. That's what I like to hear.
来举杯庆祝你的决心
Let's mark your resolution with a toast.
好啊
All right.
愿学校得以存留
To the survival of the schools.
这样就够了
Enough.
愿黑白学生顺利融合
And to the new integrated students.
愿教育委员会失败
And down with the Board of Education.
理查德,我要走了。
Mm. - Richard, I'm taking off.
再见
See you later.
嗯
Whew.
我该回去了
I should get going.
回去哪里?
Where?
我今晚待在布鲁克林
I'm staying overnight in Brooklyn.
有场欣赏大桥烟火的屋顶派对
There's a rooftop party for the bridge fireworks.
这是纽约市的重大时刻
Ah. It's a big moment for our city.
家父甚至破天荒装饰了
My father even decorated his storefront,
他的店面
which he never does.
我派史蒂文写开桥的报导
I'm having Stephens cover the bridge story for us.
我陪你去招车
Let me go down with you to hail a cab.
不用了
Oh, no need.
不好意思
Excuse me.
福顿先生再见
Goodnight, Mr. Fortune.
请止步‥大楼今日不开放
What are you doing here? The building is closed today.
卡司特桥太平洋公♥司♥呢?
What happened to Casterbridge Pacific?
我不懂你在说什么
I don't know what you're talking about.
办公室明明在这里
This is their office.
我跟寇德先生在这里见过
Mr. Crowther--I met with Crowther right in here.
这里的主管是谁?
Who owns this place?
租赁详情我不清楚 这间办公室是空着的
I don't know who rents what, but the office is empty.
不对‥我上周才来过
No, no, I was here last week,
还见了寇德先生
and I met a man named Crowther.
当时墙上挂着公♥司♥招牌
Casterbridge Pacific was the plaque on the wall.
先生,恐怕您是搞错了
I'm sorry, sir, but it would appear that you are mistaken.
请立刻离开
Now I must ask you to leave.
她人呢?
Where is she?
-您说谁? -彼顿小姐
Who? - Miss Beaton.
茉德彼顿,我现在就要见她
Maud Beaton! I need to see her immediately.
这里没这个人
There's no one here by that name.
她明明住在这里
But this is where she lives.
这里是魏特默公♥馆♥
This is the home of Mr. and Mrs. Whitmore.
一定是你搞错了
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表