剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
人人梦寐以求的剧院
an excellent cast and everything people could ask for.
不差一个公爵来或不来
The presence of one duke more or less won't matter.
要有自信
- You should have more faith. - So I can't outbid her?
所以我不能出更多钱?
- You should have more faith. - So I can't outbid her?
是不会出更多钱
You won't outbid her, as McAllister has pointed out.
麦卡里斯特都说了
You won't outbid her, as McAllister has pointed out.
我保证……
I promise
就算没有公爵也一样会成功
it will be a great success without him.
或许吧
Maybe. We'll see.
等着瞧
Maybe. We'll see.
我打算留下几件简单的晚装
I'll keep some simple things for the evening
我打算留下几件简单的晚装
but there's so much here I will never wear again.
大部分礼服我大概不会再穿了
but there's so much here I will never wear again.
这些华裳不能捐给教会
I can't put them in the missionary barrel
这些华裳不能捐给教会
and they're too fine to just throw away.
但是丢掉又太可惜
and they're too fine to just throw away.
那就塞樟脑丸,用布仔细包起来
I could pack them carefully with moth balls and tissue
然后存放在阁楼
and store them in the attic.
-或许临时要穿 -要是新家没阁楼呢?
- Just in case. - But suppose we don't have an attic?
往后很多事都不一样了
Everything is going to be quite different for us now.
-您还有朋友啊 -是没错
You'll still have your friends.
一开始他们会假装不在乎我家道中落
Yes, and at first, they'll try to pretend
一开始他们会假装不在乎我家道中落
that our loss of fortune makes no difference.
不久后就会渐行渐远了
But it won't be long before we start to slip and slide.
你呢,阿姆斯壮?
What about you, Armstrong?
找到新东家了吗?
Have you found a new place yet?
我不知道以后该怎么办
I don't know what I'm going to do.
没人知道该怎么办
Well, which of us does?
你我之间或许曾有间隙
But we have been down bumpy roads before, you and I
但那都过去了
and we've got past them.
不如你继续跟着我们吧
Would you like to come with us?
什么?
What?
我即将变成没落贵族
You'll be working for nobodies
我即将变成没落贵族
and I can't pay much
付不起像样的薪水
and I can't pay much
付不起像样的薪水
or make any promises when it comes to how we'll live.
也无法保证能过什么样的日子
or make any promises when it comes to how we'll live.
也无法保证能过什么样的日子
But you're welcome, if you would like to try it.
如果你想试试看的话,就继续跟着我们吧
But you're welcome, if you would like to try it.
回夫人,我愿意
Yes, ma'am, I would.
谢谢您
Thank you.
您为何改变主意了?
But why have you changed your mind?
我有吗……或许吧
Have I?
我有吗……或许吧
Perhaps I have.
大概因为史考特小姐说的话
It was something Ms. Scott said.
史考特小姐?
Ms. Scott?
她对我还有啥可说的?
What would she have to say about me?
怎么,难不成还嫌她同情你?
Why? Don't you like the idea that she would have sympathy for you?
这款药效非常良好
I've had a lot of success with this.
内含水杨酸,但已去除苦味
It's salicylic acid
内含水杨酸,但已去除苦味
but they've got rid of the bitterness.
-口感很好 -你们打算生产?
- It's good. - And you're producing it?
这罐给你试试,不用钱
Try it. Have this for nothing.
我该走了,得赶去开校务会议
And now I should go. We have a school meeting.
什么校务会议?跟教委会开会是明天
What school meeting? Not the Educational Board.
什么校务会议?跟教委会开会是明天
That's set for tomorrow.
你没接到通知吗?
But didn't you get the note?
会期改成今天了
No, they've changed it. It's today. seven o'clock, same place.
七点在老地方
No, they've changed it. It's today. seven o'clock, same place.
我俩都知道为何我没收到通知
Well, I guess we both know why I didn't get a note.
我敢说其他非裔家长也没收到
And I would bet the other colored parents didn't either.
起因是令嫒那篇,爱裔与非裔合作的报道
I'm afraid it's your daughter's article
起因是令嫒那篇,爱裔与非裔合作的报道
about the Irish and colored people working together.
似乎惹得内部一些人不高兴
It seems to have ruffled some feathers.
你这番话也惹我不高兴
Yes, and your information has ruffled mine.
詹姆士,店给你关
- James, lock up for me. - Yes, sir.
是,老板
- James, lock up for me. - Yes, sir.
要把所有事实整理出来
We must have all the facts laid out.
口说无凭,对方不会相信我们
They won't listen to our arguments unless they're supported by facts.
这里有一张入学申请清单
This is another list of pupils ready for enrollment next term.
这是最强而有力的证据
That's the most important argument of all.
看他们还有什么话说?
How can they question that?
借过
Pardon me.
我们被摆了一道
They've tricked us!
会期偷改成今天,好让我们无人出席
They've changed the meeting to this evening
会期偷改成今天,好让我们无人出席
so that none of us will be there!
那我们快点出发……
Then we must go!
快走吧
We must go now!
-资料还没准备好 -那就全带着
- What... I'm not sure we're ready. - Bring everything.
大家各自设法到场,我们立刻出发
I'll leave you all to find your way there
大家各自设法到场,我们立刻出发
but we have to go now.
动作快,否则会赶不上
Everybody, come on. Quickly, or we'll all be late.
请勿打扰
Excuse me.
这是私人会议
This is a private meeting.
这场会议
Is this a meeting
是讨论关闭公立非裔学校吗?
to discuss the closure of the colored public schools?
今天开会目的是……
These people have gathered today at...
你们在讨论关闭,三所公立非裔学校吗?
Are you discussing the closure of the three colored public schools?
议程上还有其他事项
Well, there are many other items on the agenda.
会期为何从明天改成今天?
Why was the time of the meeting changed from tomorrow?
今天开会比较方便
Today was found to be more convenient.
为何没通知我们?
But why were we not informed?
不少人还是学童家长
Many of us are parents of the children at those schools
却没收到告知,请问为什么?
and yet, we were not told. Why is that?
大概不小心遗漏了
It must have been an oversight.
那么,我们可以发言吗?
Then, will you listen to our arguments?
有意申请入学者为数众多
We have lists of pupils anxious to enroll
甚至超过校园容纳范围
too many for the schools to accommodate.
还有许多教师,跃跃欲试申请本校任教
And we have applications from teachers
还有许多教师,跃跃欲试申请本校任教
all keen to contribute.
你们这样不符合程序
This is most unorthodox.
既有超额学童申请入学
If we have more children than the schools can take
教师人数也超出所需
and more teachers than we need to guide them
你们有什么理由关闭学校?
why are you closing them down?
我们先看看证据再说
We must consider the evidence.
蒙哥马利先生到
Mr. Montgomery.
二位姑妈都还在更衣
Aunt Agnes and Aunt Ada are still getting dressed.
能与你独处太好了
I'm glad to find you alone.
我俩最近确实很少见面
I know we haven't seen much of each other lately.
我能理解
I understand.
近来你姑妈家遭逢变故
What a terrible blow you've all had.
你会继续教书吗?
Will you go on teaching?
我得依此维生
I'll be dependent on it.
姑妈不能再给我零用钱了
Aunt Agnes can't continue my allowance.
再撑一会就好,婚后你就不用教书了
Well, it won't be for long. You'll stop when we get married.
-可是我想…… -我会让你过上好日子
- Well, I thought... - I want you to have a lovely life
尽情参加宴会,身穿华服
of entertaining and clothes and babies, eventually
时机成熟就生儿育女
of entertaining and clothes and babies, eventually
完全不必工作
and no work at all.
爱格姑妈会很高兴
That would please Aunt Agnes.
希望你也是
And you, I hope.
有人在背后乱说我吗?
Did I hear you take my name in vain?
真高兴看到你
How very nice to see you.
爱格舅妈好
Aunt Agnes. And Aunt Ada.
艾达阿姨,您还好吗?
Aunt Agnes. And Aunt Ada.
艾达阿姨,您还好吗?
How are you managing?
还挺得住
I'm bearing up.
最令我头疼的是一堆文书作业
The thing I don't understand is all the paperwork.
哈丽叶过世时我也是
I remember that with Harriet.
路克是个简单的人,过着简朴生活
Luke was a straightforward man who lived a straightforward life.
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表