剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
You're telling me to be subservient?
我是在教你生存之道
I'm telling you how to stay alive.
要是由得了我,肯定不让你去
And if it were up to me, you would not be going at all.
我非去不可
Well, I have to go.
这对我很重要
I need this.
要让外界看到 黑人青年
I need to show the world that there are young colored people
也能有所作为
really making something of their lives.
给了我人生目标
It gives me a purpose.
唯有全神投♥注♥工作
And if I can put my whole self into my work
才不会想起我那可怜的儿子
then I won't have a spare second to think about my poor boy.
我的宝贝女儿
Oh, my darling girl. I know.
我明白‥
I know.
我很难过你得承受这种事
I am so sorry you are going through this,
但请听我一言
but listen to me.
南方不是寻找慰藉的地方
The South is no place to find refuge
希望你再考虑一下
and I wish you'd reconsider.
看来公爵两週后会到美国
Apparently, this duke is arriving in two weeks' time
搭乘丘纳公♥司♥旗下的皇家邮轮
aboard the RMS Servia, one of the Cunard ships.
你在丘纳有人脉吧?
You have contacts at Cunard?
是有两个
A couple.
-你是指白金汉公爵? -就是他
This is the Duke of Buckingham?
Yes.
看能不能打听到他来美国的住所
Can you find out where he'll be staying when he gets here?
要用什麽理由?
What reason would I give?
不能说是公事吗?
Well, can't you say it's business?
这不是公事吧?
But it's not business, is it?
万一给他知道了 我又说不出理由
If word got back to him and I couldn't justify it
岂不有失颜面?
how would that make me look?
我们对他知道多少?
What do we know about him, anyway?
他是货真价实的爵爷
We know he's a real duke and
透纳打算用他向全纽波特炫耀
Turner means to use him to dazzle Newport.
还需要知道什麽?
What else do we need to know?
我还是不懂
I still don't understand.
我打算让透纳气得牙痒痒的
I want to put Turner's nose out of joint.
你得相信我
You have to trust me.
我相信你
I do trust you.
反倒是你没那麽相信我
More than you trust me, I think.
那就证明给我看
Then prove it.
丘纳公♥司♥一定有人帮得上忙
There must be someone at Cunard who could help.
要是我办成的话
And if I succeed...
你愿意原谅我吗?
will I be forgiven for my failings?
去打听公爵消息向我报告
Find the duke, get me an introduction
之后再看着办
and then we'll talk.
知道了
Very well.
我尽力就是
I'll do my best.
我告诉他错看我们了
I told him he was wrong about us.
还说无论如何
I told him we're united
我们都会团结
and that we'll stand together no matter what.
-说得好‥ -他听进去了吗?
Hear, hear. - But did he listen to you?
他打算收买♥♥我,
Oh, he thought I could be bought off
却碰了一鼻子灰
but I think he knows now that won't happen.
下一步是什麽?
So, what's next?
他首先会分化我们
All right, his first objective will be to divide us.
-买♥♥通一些人 -正是
He'll offer some of us money. - Exactly.
克雷先生肯定会
No doubt Mr. Clay'll come up with more money
捧着大把钞票来
for the catchers and roughers
尤其针对非移♥民♥的美国人
And more for the American-born over the immigrants.
想尽办法分化我们的力量
They'll do anything they can to split us into factions.
藉以击败我们
And they'll use that to destroy us.
我们绝不会让他们得逞
No, they won't, 'cause we won't let them succeed.
罗素先生知道我们打算罢♥工♥吗?
Does Mr. Russell know we're prepared to strike?
他知道有此可能
Is he ready for that? - He knows we could strike
但他绝不会因此退让
but he won't be gentle in his arguments
我能保证
I can promise you that.
罗素先生不好对付
Mr. Russell's not a weak man
要认清这一点
and there's no point pretending otherwise.
那就要做好准备
Then we should prepare.
时机一到就进行罢♥工♥
And when the time comes, we must be ready to strike.
-我同意‥没错
Right. - Ready to fight.
-做好抗争准备
I'm with you. - Exactly.
就算一死也在所不惜
And if it comes, we have to be ready to die.
对,说的没错‥
That's right! - We do.
没错
Yeah, that's right.
他已经到了
He's here.
我出去散步,你们慢慢看画
I'll go for a walk outside while you enjoy the exhibition.
布鲁克小姐,真高兴你来了
Miss Brook. How lovely to see you.
抱歉我迟到了
I'm sorry I'm late.
没有啊,你很准时
But you're not. You're right on time.
我不确定你会不会来
I just started to look at the pictures
所以开始看画了
because I wasn't certain you'd come.
这幅画真好看,你说是吧
Oh, I like this one, don't you?
色彩鲜豔而繁複
It's so vibrant and busy.
孟佐一向深居简出
身材矮小
Menzel is quite a solitary man, you know.
才四呎六吋高,头却很大
Very short, literally four-foot-six
或许是他自卑的原因
with a large head, which may have made him shy.
他一辈子未婚
He certainly never married.
但我们都没资格批评他这一点
But we mustn't hold that against him.
说得我真想认识他
You make me wish I'd known him.
他还在世
但是很老了
He's still alive, but quite old now.
或许老到无法结交新朋友
Maybe too old to make new friends.
尤其是第五大道的单身女性
Especially single ladies from Fifth Avenue.
他最崇拜军事天才腓特烈大帝
His hero is Frederick the Great
这点倒是挺怪的
that military genius. Which seems odd, really.
腓特烈大帝常出现在他的画作
But Frederick figures in many of his pictures.
我好欣赏你的知识渊博
I so enjoy your knowledge.
希望这麽说不会太踰矩
If that doesn't sound too forward.
我认为这是极大的讚美
I take it as a great compliment.
你来这裡见我,令姊怎麽想?
What did your sister make of your agreeing to meet me here?
这个啊‥你也见过爱格
Oh, well... you've met Agnes.
她不论对什麽都有意见
She always has an opinion at the ready.
希望她对我有好印象
I hope she has a good opinion of me.
还用说吗
Of course.
我俩都很庆幸您派驻本教区
We're both so grateful you were appointed.
真是再好不过了
Really, we couldn't be more pleased.
我也感到庆幸,布鲁克小姐
I'm grateful, too, Miss Brook.
原因有很多
For several reasons.
你看这幅,多美呀
Oh, look at this one. Isn't it lovely?
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表