剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
据说劳工骑士团人数
They say membership of the Knights of Labor
已高达数十万
is in the hundreds of thousands now.
别管劳工骑士团
Never mind the Knights of Labor.
该对付的是钢铁厂员工
We must deal with the steelworkers.
他们刚选出新会长韩德森
They've elected a new leader, a man called Henderson
这人可是精明得很
and I'm afraid he seems to know what he's doing.
比工会成员还糟的 就是有头脑的工会成员
The only thing worse than a union man is a clever union man.
该召集几位雇主 -古尔德,摩根‥
We ought to get some of the owners together, Gould, Morgan...
-比利凡德彼,他肯出席的话
Billy Vanderbilt, if he'd come.
-要走了吗? -好
Shall we go? - Of course.
保持联繫
We'll be in touch.
还适应纽约生活吗?
How are you settling into the City?
纽约跟波士顿很不一样
Well, New York is very different from Boston.
我想念的是些小东西
It's the little things I miss.
常去的地方跟家乡味
Old haunts, familiar food.
纽约菜不合您胃口?
New York cuisine isn't meeting your standards?
正好相反 还没找到地道的
Quite the opposite, though I am still searching
新英格兰蛤蜊巧达浓汤就是了
for an authentic bowl of New England clam chowder.
希望您能找到
Well, I hope you find it.
工作还顺利吧?
But you're managing?
今天顺利撑过复活节礼拜 本週也主持了第一场婚礼
I survived the Easter service today, and my first wedding is this week.
我想算还不错吧
So, I feel I'm getting there.
请问是哪对新人?
May we hear who is to be married?
宾翰小姐与瑞克斯先生
Miss Bingham and a Mr. Raikes.
你们认识吗?
Do you know them, by any chance? - No.
-不认识‥算是吧 -不怎麽熟‥认识
A little. - Not really.
该走了,别佔用牧师太多时间
Oh, we should go. We mustn't keep the rector all to ourselves.
复活节快乐‥
Happy Easter. - Happy Easter.
爱格,走慢一点
Agnes, slow down.
又不是在赛跑
We're not in a race.
你自己慢慢走,我可是等不及离开
Speak for yourself. I couldn't get away fast enough.
妈妈,我就此道别吧
Mama, I think I'll say goodbye here.
-我要招辆车
I need a cab.
-会回家吃晚餐吧?
But you'll be back for dinner?
我会
I will.
你会去罗瑟弗夫人的宴会吗?
Are you going to Mrs. Rutherfurd's ball?
没想到我也受邀了
I'm quite surprised I've been invited.
她的三个儿子都单身
With three bachelor sons?
我母亲说全纽约的富家女都会受邀
Mother says she'll have every heiress in New York on the dance floor.
-我想问你帽子在哪买♥♥的
I've been meaning to ask you about your hat.
-很可爱是吧
Isn't it lovely?
你喜欢刚才的礼拜吗?
How did you enjoy the service?
我觉得好极了
I thought it was perfect.
对啊
Right on.
我也有同感
Yes, I do too.
孩子过世半年了
It's been six months.
得知你在找我时,
I should have written sooner
我就该写信给你
as soon as I heard you were looking for me
当时俱已离世,而我一时没想周全
but by then, they were gone, and I wasn't thinking straight.
幸好你们今天能来
It's good of you to come today.
我们想前来
We wanted to.
认识一下孩子
To learn about him.
"挚爱且爱人的小男孩"
"A loved and loving little boy."
他确实如此
And so he was.
真希望有机会认识他
I wish I'd known him.
待会一起回我家
You're coming home with me
我带你看看他的房♥间和玩具
so I can show you his room and his toys
也许能感到多认识他一些
and maybe you'll feel that you do know him a little.
我希望如此
I hope so.
母亲
Mother.
带她来是对的吗?
Were we right to bring her here?
她有权知道早夭爱子的一切遭遇
She deserves the full story of that short and dear life.
桃乐丝,别这样
Dorothy, please.
他死于猩红热,不能怪我
You can't blame me for scarlet fever.
没能在疫病流行前及时赶到 就是你的错
I can blame you that we weren't here before the fever struck.
若你及早联络韦德太太
If you had contacted Mrs. Wade sooner
我们小孙子或许还活着
our boy might be alive today.
嘿
Hey.
再来一杯
Give me another.
庆祝!
We're celebrating!
这杯那位请客
It's on him.
他喜欢这房♥间吗?
Did he like the room?
他生前快乐吗?
Did he enjoy his life?
他一直很快乐
He was a happy child, always laughing,
总是充满欢笑
always full of fun.
我们不会阻止你跟他见面
We wouldn't have stopped you seeing him.
请相信这一点
I hope you believe that.
别对我这麽好
Don't be too nice to me.
我若早知肯定会把他带走
I'd have taken him away.
我会争取扶养权
I'd have fought the adoption
尽最大力量把他带回身边
and I would've taken him with me, if I could.
真是这样就好了 疫病来袭前
I wish you had. It might have saved him
把他带离纽约 或许他还能活着
if you'd gotten him out of the city before the fever came.
别说这种话,大家都会受不了
Don't say that or we'll all go mad.
你留着吧
Keep it.
我说真的
I mean it.
他很喜欢这个熊玩偶
He loved his bear.
最喜欢的玩具该给母亲珍藏
His mother should have his favorite toy.
是孩子的另一个母亲
His other mother.
我的爱妻卡拉塔非常爱他
She loved him, you know, my Carlotta.
为照顾儿子自己也染病
She loved him, and she nursed him
最后双双病故
and she caught the fever, and she died with him.
一起下楼吃复活节晚餐吧
Shall we go downstairs for our Easter dinner?
我有礼物要送你
I have a gift for you.
这是孩子的相片 希望不会让你太难过
Here's a photograph. If it wouldn't be too painful.
你们不想留着吗?
Don't you want to keep it?
我另有一张爱妻过世前拍的全家福
I have one of him taken later, with my wife not long before they died, just as I remember them.
较贴近我的记忆
just as I remember them.
感谢你们如此慷慨
I appreciate your kindness.
我也是,
So do I.
真心感谢
I mean it.
我们同为孩子的父母
We shared a child.
那是外人难以理解的情感
A bond no one could even try to understand.
这也是我们来的原因
That's why we came.
请各位上桌吧
Please come to the table.
来了
Coming!
史考特夫人
Mrs. Scott.
乖女儿,慢一点
Slowly, girls.
不用担心吃不到
The food's not going anywhere.
大家手牵手
Let's join hands, everyone.
请母亲做饭前祷吧
Mother, would you like to say grace?
布莉琪,做礼拜还顺利吗?
How was your service, Bridget?
还是该说望弥撒?
Or should I call it mass?
很好,圣派翠克大教堂挺好的
Good. I like Saint Patrick's.
新建大教堂确实是纽约的光荣
The new cathedral is a credit to the city.
我承认。-你觉得呢?
I'll give you that. - How was yours?
-很喜欢
I enjoyed it.
能看到女士穿戴最新流行服饰
With all the ladies showing off the latest fashions.
我倒觉得那跟敬拜毫无关係
I'm not sure what that has to do with holy worship.
你跟韦伯小姐说了什麽?
What were you saying to Miss Weber?
你何时见着她了?
When did you see her?
她跟其他罗素家僕一起上教堂
She was at church with the other Russell servants.
整天与针线为伍不嫌厌烦吗?
Don't you ever get tired of that wretched tapestry?
活像潘妮洛碧苦等奥德修斯返家
You're like Penelope waiting for Odysseus to get home.
艾达姑妈喜欢针线工作
Aunt Ada likes her needlework.
我喜欢冰淇淋
I like ice cream.
不代表我得整天吃
It doesn't mean I eat it 24 hours a day.
-夫人找我? -我们不等奥斯卡少爷了
You rang, ma'am? - Yes.
We can't wait for Mr. Oscar any longer.
不知道他怎麽回事 请告诉鲍尔太太
I don't know what's happened to him, but if you can tell Mrs. Bauer
等她准备好就开饭
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表