剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
早安,邱区
Good morning, Church.
抱歉要你们这么早上工
I'm sorry to ask for such an early start,
但晚宴就快到了
but the dinner is almost upon us.
应该的
Of course.
布鲁斯太太看过房♥子内外
Has Mrs. Bruce been shown everything about the house
需要打点的地方吗?
she needs to know?
是的,夫人
Yes, ma'am.
赫利克太太很热心
Mrs. Herrick was very kind.
晚宴当天她也会帮忙
And she will be here to help on the day.
借来的男仆人数够吗?
Oh. And we borrowed enough extra footmen?
承蒙费许和德普夫人慷慨相助
Mrs. Fish and Mrs. Depew were quite obliging.
六一街家仆也全数前来支援
And all the footmen have come up from 61st Street.
我得决定餐盘杯具
I must decide on the service.
怎么回事?
What's all this?
-你俩整夜都待在这儿?
Have you two been here all night?
-没有整夜啦
Not all night.
我们都在外面玩,才刚回来
We were out for most of it and we've only just got back.
邱区,叫车送赖瑞少爷
Church, I need you to order the carriage
和基恩先生到普洛维登斯车站
to take Mr. Larry and Mr. Keene to the station in Providence.
遵命,夫人
Very good, ma'am. - Mm.
您打算赶我们走?
So you're banishing us?
哈佛就教了你们
Is this what they taught you at Harvard?
如何喝醉?
How to get drunk?
这么说也没错
That's a pretty fair assessment.
对吧,马肯?
Wouldn't you say so, Malcolm?
你的幽默我不欣赏
You find it funnier than I do.
别捡了
Leave it.
基恩先生 请让我跟赖瑞
Mr. Keene, I wonder if Larry and I could
单独说几句
have a few moments together?
没问题
Of course.
我去更衣收行李,伯母
I'll get changed and pack my things, Mrs. Russell.
抱歉打破杯子
And I'm sorry about the glass.
你回到纽约自己招车回家
You can take a cab home when you get to New York.
公爵晚宴怎么办?
And what about the dinner for the Duke?
不是要我到场?
I thought my presence was required.
你这副德性就不用了
Not if you behave like this.
不过是打破个杯子
It was just a glass, Mother.
你打算这样胡闹多久?
How long do you plan to keep playing the fool?
不知道
I don't know.
直到不好玩为止吧
I suppose until it stops being fun.
对我而言一点也不好玩
It's no fun for me, I assure you.
我知道你讨厌她
I know you despised her.
布连夫人不适合你
Mrs. Blane wasn't right for you.
这是我唯一的看法
That's all I'll say on the subject.
承认吧 她让我心碎,你可乐了
You have to admit you're pleased she's broken my heart.
你少辜负我的苦心
I won't admit anything of the sort.
我不过一心为儿女着想
I only ever want what's best for my children.
离开纽波特对你有帮助
It will do you good to be away from Newport.
待在纽约就不会想起她
There aren't any reminders of her in New York.
去收拾准备吧
Now go and get ready.
谢谢你去纽波特前抽空见我
You're kind to fit me in before you leave for Newport.
我知道你一定很忙
You must have so much to do.
此行主要是参加 罗素夫人轰动全城的晚宴
We're mainly going for Mrs. Russell's famous dinner.
招待公爵会让她一举成名
She's really making a splash with her Duke.
很可惜你不能去
I'm sorry you won't be there.
我跟她不熟
I hardly know her,
倒是奥斯卡自觉应该受邀
but Oscar thinks he should have been asked.
罗素夫人自有她的理由
I dare say Mrs. Russell had her reasons.
我知道他认识我之前 曾追求过罗素小姐
I know he was running after Mrs. Russell's daughter
或许这就是原因
before he met me, so perhaps that's why.
奥斯卡是喜欢过她
Oscar liked her,
你也不想要未曾对女人
but you surely don't want a man
感兴趣的男人吧?
who's never been interested in a woman before.
当然不想
No, of course not.
我只是担心他的动机
But I worry about his motives.
毕竟葛莱蒂罗素会继承一大笔钱
After all, Gladys Russell will be very rich.
而你也会
我懂你的疑虑
And so will you, of course.
他的目标不会是钱吧?
Is he just a fortune hunter?
如果是,也不是第一个了
If he is, he wouldn't be the first,
只是我不想再受伤害
but I don't want to burn my wings again.
我很喜欢奥斯卡
I'm very fond of Oscar.
既聪明又风趣
He's clever and funny.
我也很看好他的前途
And I'm sure he'll do well.
你不必心急
But there's no rush.
多花点时间了解他
Take your time in getting to know him.
相信你会自有定见
Then come to your own conclusions.
你说的对
You're right.
是不急于一时 而我也很喜欢他
There's no rush. And I do like him.
谢谢,我该走了
And now I should be on my way.
彼顿小姐好
Ah, Miss Beaton.
我去送送她
I was just seeing her out.
不用了,我自己出去就行
No need. I know my way.
谢谢你,奥萝拉
Thank you, Aurora.
芬恩先生再见
Mr. Fane.
-你早点回来就好了
I wish you'd come in earlier.
-怎么了?
Why?
刚才的气氛十分尴尬
Because I've had a very uncomfortable few minutes.
她怀疑奥斯卡的追求动机不单纯
Oh?She suspects Oscar's motives in his pursuit of her.
早跟你说别插手
I warned you not to get involved.
奥斯卡是我表亲 我理当尽量帮他
He's my cousin, and I must help him any way I can.
我觉得他很喜欢她
And I think he's really very fond of her.
该说是你希望如此
You mean you hope he is.
我迟到了吗?
Am I late?
刚才在整理图书馆
We were sorting out the library.
接下来就叫你掸地毯了
They'll have you beating the carpets next.
约翰 帮玛丽安小姐倒茶
John, please give Miss Marian some tea.
然后就请下去吧
And then would you leave us?
为何叫他下去?
Why must he leave us?
因为我有事要说
Because I have something to say.
天啊,我也要回避吗?
Gracious. Should I leave you too?
不用
No.
你和玛丽安都待着
I want you and Marian to stay.
你俩是我兄姊的子女
As my niece and nephew,
我膝下无子,只有你们最亲
you're the closest I'll ever come to having children.
搞得这么郑重其事
This is very melodramatic.
是要宣读遗嘱吗?
Are we to witness your will?
没想到你的遗产
I'm surprised what you're going to leave
够分成三份
will warrant three signatures.
妈妈,别打断人家
Mama, let her speak.
你们都认识牧师弗特先生
You all know the Reverend Mr. Forte.
认识,怎么了吗?
We certainly do. What about him?
我想说的是‥
Well, the thing is...
像拔牙似的拖拖拉拉
This is like extracting teeth.
他日前向我求婚
He has asked me to marry him.
我也答应了
And I have said yes.
什么?
What?
你没听错
You heard me.
恭喜你了
How lovely.
这真是天大的好消息
Aunt Ada, this is wonderful news.
我按铃叫下人送香槟上来
Yes, I'll ring the bell.
不准按铃,也不准开香槟
We must open some champagne.
不能按门铃。
You will not ring the bell.
我们不会开香槟。
We will not open any champagne.
什么时候的事?
When was this decided?
几天前
A few days ago.
婚礼什么时候?
When is the wedding to take place?
-下个礼拜 -这么快?
Next week. - Next week?
天啊,有必要这么急吗?
God in heaven, why the rush?
我等了一辈子才等到这天
I've been waiting my entire life for this.
没必要把婚约拖长
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表