剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
Only I've some troublesome business in Pittsburgh I'm dealing with.
我需要你在场
I need you there.
实在不懂何须大费周章
I wish I could understand the whole thing.
你根本不喜欢歌♥剧
至少我从不知道
You don't even like opera. Not so I've ever noticed.
歌♥剧院是上流社会展现自己的场合
George, the opera is where society puts itself on display.
不只纽约,整个欧洲都一样
Not just in New York but all over Europe.
最上层者佔有包厢
And the leaders take boxes
彼此往来 子女互相追求献殷勤
where they meet each other and their children court each other
上流社会就是这样运作的
and that is how the wheels of society turn.
学院试图阻止大都会的兴建
The Academy tried to stop the Metropolitan from being built.
他们自以为能得逞
And they thought they could
大都会十月底就要开张了
but it'll be open by the end of October.
若你支持大都会
If you decide to back the Met
就会与阿斯特夫人为敌
you know you'll be taking on Mrs. Astor?
所以呢?
And?
你不怕她,当然是好事
Of course I love that you're not afraid of her.
我很高兴与她为友 但没打算当她的跟班
I'm glad to be her friend, George, but not her lackey.
奥萝拉来信
Aurora has written.
说要帮达许办欢迎茶会
She's giving a tea for cousin Dashiell.
不是说我们要办?
Weren't we going to manage that?
让奥萝拉办吧,他们是表亲
Aurora can do it. She's his cousin.
我们一同出席 玛丽安也可藉机认识合适的对象
We'll all go, and Marian can meet some more suitable young people.
您所谓合适的对象
Although I'm never sure that your definition of suitable
可能跟我的定义不同
is quite the same as mine.
那麽你就该修正
If it isn't, it should be.
你不会还在想着 那个无趣的瑞克斯先生吧?
I hope you're not still pining after that tedious Mr. Raikes.
爱格,
Oh, Agnes.
没必要提起这件事
There's no need to bring that up.
我没有想着他
Not really, Aunt Agnes.
他俩结婚也是迟早的事
They were bound to marry at some stage.
希望你下次多听我们劝告
All I hope is that next time you will listen to us
别以为我们什麽都不懂
and not assume we know nothing.
我会多谨慎一些
I shall be more sensible...
如果还有下次的话
if there is a next time.
这是我们唯一的要求啊,艾达 尊重我们的忠告
That's all we ask, isn't it, Ada?
Some respect for our advice.
我只希望玛丽安快乐
All I want is for Marian to be happy.
要请你确认一下购物清单
I need you to confirm this is the final list for ordering.
给我吧
Give it to me.
进度如何,
How is it coming on?
还来得及吧?
Will we be ready in time?
应该可以,但计划很重要
I think so, but planning is the key.
想请你帮个忙
I do have a favor to ask.
罗素夫人希望场面够浩大
As you know, Mrs. Russell hopes to put on quite a show
我们从别人家外借了一些男僕
so we're borrowing some footmen from various households
-你要我也充当男僕
And you want me to swell their number.
-不是 -不打紧,是我分内的事
Not exactly. - I don't mind. It's part of my job.
-不是 我是要你当助理管家
No, I need you more as an under-butler
帮忙侍酒
to take care of the wines.
我会带你熟悉流程
We'll go through them together, of course
你负责开瓶,倒酒,加冰块和上酒
but if you could see to their opening, decanting, icing and serving throughout the evening?
是我的荣幸
I'm flattered.
你们觉得她真会支持大都会?
But do you really think that she'll side with the new Metropolitan?
看起来很像是这样
It's beginning to look like it.
不怕阿斯特夫人暴怒?
Won't Mrs. Astor kick up a stink?
罗素夫人没在怕的
Mrs. Russell doesn't lack courage.
-一起来玩 -爸爸?
Come with us!
去玩吧
Papa? - Go on.
达许
真高兴见到你
Dashiell, how very good to see you.
刚搬回纽约就该来找我们才对
Except you should have called on us the moment you got to New York.
您说的是,爱格舅妈
Indeed I should have done, Aunt Agnes.
请原谅我
I hope you can forgive me.
别这麽见外
Oh, of course we can.
奥斯卡也来了
You know Oscar.
天啊,奥斯卡
Oscar. Good heavens.
我俩都比上次见面老了好多
We're both rather older than when we last met.
别说了
Don't remind me.
这是舍姪女玛丽安 她现在与我们同住
And this is our niece, Marian Brook, who lives with us now.
所以我们也是表亲囉?
Does that make us cousins?
还差那麽一点
Almost, but not quite.
法兰丝也来了吗?
Where is Frances? Is she here?
来了 她看到一群小的
She is. But she found a group of young
就丢下我这个老的
and so she escaped me.
欢迎,达许表亲
Cousin Dashiell, welcome.
大家去喝茶吧
Come, shall we have our tea?
达许,真高兴看到你
Dashiell, good to see you.
奥斯卡 你带罗素小姐参观查尔斯的新图书室吧
Oscar, why don't you show Miss Russell Charles's new library?
是我的快乐和骄傲
My pride and joy.
我们走吧?
Shall I?
听凭尊便
If you wish.
你能康复真是太好了
I'm so pleased you're well again.
还不能跳舞
I'm not quite dancing yet
等全好了,希望能与你共舞
but when I do, I hope you'll be my partner.
令堂来了吗? 没有,
Is your mother here? - No.
否则我才不敢跟你说话
Or I wouldn't dare talk to you.
那麽还好她没来
Then I'm glad she's not.
至少我知道为何你没回信了
Well, at least I know now why you never answered my letters.
母亲认为拿走我的信没什麽不对
Mother wouldn't see that keeping them from me was wrong.
她觉得我配不上你
I suppose she thinks I don't have enough to offer.
所以我请奥萝拉办这场茶宴
Which is why I asked Aurora to give this party.
-好亲自说服你 -什麽?
So I could make the offer myself.
我自认不是最年轻多金的人
What? - I know there are men out there
但我们会过得很好
who are younger and richer than I am, but we would live well.
你可以自行选择交友
You could choose your own friends
持家和生活方式
run your own house, manage your own life.
-这是你想要的吧? -当然啦
Isn't that what you want? - Very much so.
而且我不霸道
And I'm not a bully.
不会要求你顺从我或附和我
I'd never force you to echo my opinions and parrot all my views.
这我相信
Of course not.
大多男人都会那样
Most men would.
应该是吧
That's true, I suppose.
我愿一切依夫人意见
I am happy to be hen-pecked...
只要你是那位夫人
as long as you're doing the pecking.
葛莱蒂,我们会很快乐
We'd have fun, Gladys. I know we would.
我希望我俩快乐地在一起
I want us to be happy...
幸福美满
我们一定可以
very happy. And I believe we could be.
先不要回答我
Oh, I... - Don't answer now.
只要知道我对你的爱溢于言表
Just know that I love and admire you more than I can say.
我从未对其他女子有这般感受
More than I've ever felt for any other woman.
可是你对我认识并不深
But you don't know me. Not really.
我知道你既聪慧又美丽
I know you to be intelligent and fine.
条件允许的话能独♥立♥自主 而且很风趣
And independent when you're allowed to be, and witty.
你拥有一切我爱慕的特质
You have every quality that I admire. Truly.
这该让我父亲知道才是
Shouldn't you be saying these things to my father?
我会写信给他
I'll write to him.
奥斯卡,葛莱蒂
Oscar? Gladys?
茶宴要开始了
You mustn't miss the tea.
这就来
Of course not.
古尔德 劳工骑士团的事有何进展?
Gould, how are things going with the Knights of Labor?
目前我佔上风
Better for me than for them.
我想也是
I should expect nothing less.
他们的要求不可理喻
Their demands are outlandish.
他们领导人鲍德利 要求劳工
The leader, Powderly, says he wants all workers
跟雇主形成合作关係
to be in partnership with their employer.
他要什麽是他家的事,但不可能成真
He can want what he likes, Mr. Gould, but he won't get it.
-你目前有何损失?
Have you sustained any damage?
-那你呢?
Have you?
我们不是来竞争
This isn't a competition, gentlemen.
古尔德先生无意垄断黄金市场
Mr. Gould is not cornering the gold market.
罗素先生也无意逼铁路公♥司♥破产
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表