剧集 | 婚外情事 | 导航列表
The soul is spoken of
无法看见
as invisible,
难以想象
inconceivable,
无法改变
and unchangeable.
-借过 -天哪
- Excuse us. - Oh, God.
抱歉
Sorry...
请节哀
for your loss.
乔尔
紧急事件 赶紧打给我
乔尔四通未接来电
喂
Hello?
不不 乔尔 我不和你视频 我在...
No. No, Joel, I'm not gonna FaceTime you, I'm at a...
喂
Hello?
谢谢回电 也谢谢你和我视频
Thanks for calling me back, and for speaking this way.
我觉得咱俩该面对面谈谈
I-I thought we should talk face-to-face,
单打独斗 知道吗
mano a mano, you know?
这不是"单打独斗"的意思
That's not what mano a mano means.
抱歉
Oops, sorry.
不是对你 我撞了个人
Not you. I ran into somebody.
什么事 乔尔
What is it, Joel?
我知道我们还有格更正式的会议
I know that we have a more formal commencement meeting,
但我想提前联♥系♥你
but I just wanted to call in advance
告诉你我受之有愧 不胜荣幸
and say that I am humbled, I am honored
-非常兴奋 -关于什么
- and I am so excited. - About what?
显然我们都知道我想要你的工作 贾内尔
Obviously, we both know that I wanted your job, Janelle,
但我觉得这是个很好的妥协
but I think this is a perfect compromise.
怎么说
How so?
共同校长
Co-principals.
你和我 都拿出最佳实力
You and me, both bringing our A game.
听着 我知道你也许
Look, I know that you probably have
还有顾虑 因为你
your reservations, because you,
你和我过去有些不快
you and I had our tensions in the past,
但我只想告诉你
but I just wanted to call and tell you
我打算尽弃前嫌
that I am putting all of that behind me.
我已做好准备开始这份工作
I am committed to starting this position
从头开始 让过去成为历史
with a clean slate. Let bygones be bygones.
我做阴 你做阳
I'll be the yin to your yang...
谢谢 乔尔 谢谢你的来电
Thank you, Joel, for, uh, calling.
好说 我们现在是一个队伍了
Of course. We're on the same team now.
那我就不打扰你的...
I'll let you get back to, uh...
葬礼 乔尔 我在参加葬礼
Funeral, Joel. I'm at a funeral.
天哪 好吧
Oh, wow. Okay.
这不太好
Well, that's not great.
谁死了
So, who died?
我只想说你是我爸的女友
I just wanted to say I think it's so awesome
实在是太酷了
that you're my dad's girlfriend.
与一个黑人女性约会
Dating a woman of color might be
是他做过最酷的事情之一
one of the coolest things he's ever done.
女友这词言重了
"Girlfriend" is a strong word.
亲爱的沃克先生
我想严正地反对
亲爱的沃克先生
你去死吧
谁能想到印度教的传统葬礼要穿白色
Who knew wearing white at a funeral is a Hindu tradition?
海伦竟然没说 真疯狂
It's crazy Helen didn't tell me.
她丈夫刚去世 也许你不是她心里的第一要务
Her husband just died. Maybe you weren't top of mind.
好吧 我只是不想让你认为这是我的错
Yeah, well, I just didn't want you to think it was my fault.
当然不会 无心之过罢了
Of course not. It was an honest mistake.
天哪 这些电影人
Ugh, God, these movie people.
他们觉得你是他们的
They think they own you.
亲爱的 你能给我拿杯酒吗
Sweetheart, would you mind grabbing me a drink?
只要有苏格兰威士忌我都喝
I'll take anything with scotch in it.
不好意思 我觉得我不是你要找的人
Excuse me? I-I don't think I'm who you're looking for.
还有那么多空杯子
And all these empty glasses...
该收收了
they could disappear.
看起来不是很专业 知道吗
It doesn't look very professional, you know?
如果你觉得那很糟
If you think that's bad,
你该看看他是怎么对我说话的
you should see the way he talks to me.
泊车服务生太糟糕了
The valet is being impossible.
我不知道该怎么办 我只想让他们好好停车
I don't know what to do. I just need them to park the cars.
海伦 你记得贾内尔吗
Helen, do you remember Janelle?
记得 你好 感谢前来
Oh, yeah. Hi. Thanks for coming.
当然 我很遗憾你的...
Hi, of course. Um, I'm so sorry for y...
我很遗憾 如果有什么我们能帮忙
I'm so sorry. Um, if there's anything we can do to help,
-如果 -其实
- if... - Actually,
你介意去和泊车服务生谈谈吗
would you mind going and talking to the valet?
你也许能比我和诺亚谈得更顺利
You might have more luck than me or Noah.
当然 乐意帮忙
Of course. Happy to help.
好的
Okay.
你还好吗
You okay?
嗯 我很好 你呢
Yeah, I'm fine. Uh, are you?
我觉得我是来这帮你一些忙的
I think I was sent out here to help you with something.
我只是想告诉负责的女士
I was just trying to tell the lady in charge
有人把车钥匙拿走了
that someone took their keys inside.
其实没什么 但有个车挡别人车了
It's no big deal, there's just a car double-parked.
等大家离开时会出现问题
Won't matter till people start to leave.
嗯 明白了 谢谢
Right. Got it. Thanks.
狗♥日♥的♥
Motherfucker.
谢了 好莱坞大道的101咖啡店 一小时后
好极了 一会儿见
我要去开会 我们晚点聊
从很多方面来说 你做得很好
You know, in many ways, you've done a great job.
-孩子们喜欢你 -没错
- The kids love you. - It's true.
你很理解他们
You really get them.
你能明白 这不是降职
As you'll see, this is not a demotion.
绝不是 把这当作一个机会 发挥你的优势
No. Think of it as a chance to develop your strengths
弥补你的劣势
and work on those weaknesses.
什么劣势
Which are?
好吧 学生罢♥课♥
Oh, well, uh, the student walkout,
教师们的不满
uh, discontent from the teachers,
诸多投诉
a number of complaints
关于你不在乎别人的看法
that you're uninterested in the opinions of others
轻视他人的担忧
and dismissive of their concerns.
老实说 我们希望
Uh, to be honest, uh, we'd expected
你能在与我们和教职员工妥协一事上
you to go above and beyond when it came
做出更多的让步
to meeting us and the staff halfway,
尤其是作为校外雇员 但是
particularly as an outside hire. I-Instead,
许多与你共事过的人认为
many people who worked with you felt...
-不自在 -罗恩
- ill at ease. - Ron.
重点是共同校长的安排能帮助
The important thing is that this co-principal arrangement will help
你和乔尔发挥你们的长处
you and Joel play to your strengths.
是的 没错
Right. Exactly.
乔尔和大家很合得来
Since Joel's so fantastic with people,
我们认为他能帮忙缓解一些校内紧张局面
we think he can help ease some of the school-wide tensions.
他可以运用一些调解技巧
Work in some of the restorative justice techniques,
处理伙伴关系和项目
handle partnerships and programs,
出席学区会议
attend, uh, district meetings, and...
根本来说是代表学校的公众形象
essentially be more of a public face for the school.
而你将集中精力于学校内部
While you will focus your energy internally,
继续一如既往出色地完成行政工作
continuing the administrative work you've tackled so beautifully,
并与学生进行一对一的工作
and, uh, working one-on-one with the students,
当然 我们很高兴
of course, we love that
你对他们有如此高的期待
you have such high expectations for them...
并且承担与老师们沟通的责任
and sharing the responsibility of liaising with the teachers.
这份新合同需要你审阅并签字
The new contract for you to review and sign.
越快将它交回越好
The sooner you get it back to us, the better.
离新的学年只有几周时间了
Only a few weeks till the new school year.
诺亚 我做错什么了吗
你去开什么会了
先前的事很抱歉 我真的压力很大 打给我
敲门声还是老样子
Always the same knock.
给你事先提个醒
Figured I'd give you a heads-up.
因为你总是有人作伴
Since you tend to have company.
进来吧
Come in.
-我... -不必如此
- It's, uh... - Don't bother.
我知道你什么时候想说些言不由衷的话
I know when you're about to say something you don't mean.
好吧
Fine.
剧集 | 婚外情事 | 导航列表