剧集 | 婚外情事 | 导航列表
没事
Fine.
你能看看这个吗
Could you take a look at this?
这是什么
What is it?
是学校的合同
It's a contract from CA.
他们想让我当共同校长
They want me to... co-principal.
和谁共同当校长
With who?
另外一个老师 他叫乔尔
One of the other teachers. His name is Joel.
我认识他吗
Do I know him?
他只在学校干了几年
He's only been there a, a few years.
在那之前呢
Before that?
在读研究生 这是他的第一份教学工作
Grad school. This is his first teaching job.
他多大了
How old is he?
他是白种人
He's white.
果然
Of course.
他们想让我们分担不同职责
They want us to split responsibilities.
我负责内部的行政工作
I'd cover internal administrative stuff,
他担当学校的"门面"
he'd be the "face" of the school.
在给出法律建议前 你都要喝酒吗
You always drink before giving legal advice?
其实这是给你倒的
Actually... this is for you.
我的薪水将被减百分之十五
And my salary gets cut by 15%.
我看到了
I can see that.
我只能说 这是常规做法
Well... from what I can tell, it's standard.
你所说的与合同上的内容是相匹配的
And what you're telling me matches what they have on paper,
所以你可以签字了
so... you can go ahead and sign.
就这样吗 你还需要别的吗
Is that all? Or do you need something else?
-怎么了 -没什么
- What's the matter? - Nothing.
你看起来很沮丧
You seem upset.
我不知道我为什么还期望你会在乎我
I don't know why I keep expecting you to give a shit about me.
你今晚为什么来这里 内尔
Why'd you come here tonight, Nell?
我不知道
I have no idea.
显然 这是个错误
Clearly, it was a mistake.
我告诉你原因吧
Oh, I'll tell you why.
那是因为你想让我叫你别签合同
You came 'cause you wanted me to tell you not to sign that.
知道吗 那不再是我的事了
Well, you know what? That's not my job anymore.
什么
Excuse me?
你要是想让我当你的重要忠告者
If you wanted me to be your heavy,
你就不应该离开我
you should've never left me.
你依旧是个混♥蛋♥
You're still a motherfucker, you know that?
我是混♥蛋♥吗
I'm a motherfucker?
我离开你是因为你与
I left you because you were having an affair
26岁的门徒有了外遇
with your 26-year-old protège.
就一次 只发生了一次
Once. That happened once.
你居然有胆量坐在那里
And for you to have the gall to sit there and,
重新编故事 假装是受害者
and reframe the narrative so that you're still the victim?
你总是这副德行
Somehow. Always.
你想谈谈假装受害者吗
You want to talk about playing the victim?
这么多年之后 你不请自来
You show up on my doorstep unannounced, after all these years,
拿着一张合同 说着"我真惨"
waving a piece of paper talking about "Poor me!"
"可恶的白种人怎么能这样对我"
"How could the terrible white people do this to me?"
我告诉你 他们为什么这么对你
I'll tell you how they can do it to you.
都是你自作自受
Because you let them.
你总是让他们欺压你
You always let them.
我还要告诉你一件事
And I'll tell you something else.
我一直在看心理医生
I've been seeing a therapist.
什么
You're what?
我的心理医生认为 你指望我
And my therapist thinks you relied on me
成为我们婚姻中的激进者
to be the militant ideologue in our marriage,
这样你就可以出去对这个世界妥协
so you could go out in the world and be the compromise.
我不需要听你说这些
I don't have to listen to this.
你知道我最受不了什么吗
And you know what gets to me after all that?
你出去告诉所有人
You went out and told everybody
我们婚姻失败是我的错
it was my fault our marriage failed.
你需要我以某种方式让你合法化
You needed me to behave a certain way to legitimize you
然后你为此离开了我
and then you left me for it.
我离开你是因为你有外遇 卡尔
I left you because you were having an affair, Carl.
你的心理医生知道这件事吗
Does your therapist know about that?
-就一次 -太多次了
- Once. - Which is one too many times.
那不是你离开我的原因
That's not why you left me.
不 就是如此
Yes, it is.
你对自己不诚实
You're not being honest with yourself.
-卡尔 -怎么了
- Carl! - What?
-我要走了 -好
- I'm leaving. - Fine.
等等
Oh, wait.
别忘了你的社会契约
Don't forget your social contract.
快给我
Just give me the fucking thing.
你要签字吗
Are you gonna sign it?
可能吧 我还有什么选择
Probably. What choice do I have?
该死
Damn!
你怎么了
What is wrong with you?
我怎么了 是你在捶桌子
What's wrong with me? You're the one hitting things.
你入行二十年了
You've been in this field 20 years.
你真的要把你一半的权力让给一个白人孩子
You really gonna give up half your power to a white kid
而他将把所有功劳都占为己有
who's gonna take all the credit
让你做所有的工作
and let you do all the work?
也许他们说得对
Maybe they're right.
也许我并不擅长这份工作 我太固执了
Maybe I'm not good for this job. I'm too opinionated.
我太专横了 不够母性
I'm domineering, I'm not maternal enough.
你不什么
You're not what?
我和其他人合不来 卡尔
I don't play well with others, Carl.
那是这份工作的一部分 对吗
That's part of this job, right?
你不能只是那个有远见的人
I mean, you can't just be the visionary,
你得在工作的时候
you have to make everyone feel good about themselves
-让所有人都感觉良好 -不 不需要
- while you're doing it. - No, you don't.
那一定有什么原因
There must have been some reason for this.
如果我做得足够好
If I was doing a good enough job,
他们就会让我继续做下去了
they would've just let me keep doing it.
不 你没明白吗
No, don't you get it?
他们不想让你干这个工作
They don't want you to do this job,
因为他们根本就不想要你
because they don't want you to do the job at all.
他们不想要你
They don't want you.
为什么
Why not?
所以你是说我就没有机会
So you're saying I never had a chance?
我不知道你让我和你说什么
I don't know what you want me to tell you anymore.
你想从内部改变这个系统
You wanted to change the system from the inside.
我从没想过那是可行的
I never thought that would work.
知道自己是对的
So you must feel pretty good about yourself
你一定感觉良好吧
knowing you were right.
并没有
I don't feel good about myself.
我半辈子...
I have been...
都在教书 我有三个学位
teaching for half my life. I have three degrees.
什么时候才够
When is it gonna be enough?
贾内尔 你很优秀
Janelle, you're brilliant.
我知道某种程度上你想保护自己
And I know you wanted that to protect you somehow,
让自己远离这些破事的烦恼
to lift you up and carry you above all this bullshit,
事情本应该是这样的
and it should have.
你本应该成为这个世上优秀的人
You should've been the one person in the world
不被肤色所限制
where color just didn't matter.
我从没说过
I never said that.
但宝贝...
But, baby...
同样的话我跟你说了25年了
I've been telling you the same thing for 25 years.
但你从来都不想听
But you never want to listen.
所以我最后和你说一次
So I'm gonna tell you this one last time.
在那之后 你就靠你自己了
After that, you're on your own.
不是因为你
It's not you.
是他们的原因
It's them.
你想喝杯水什么的吗
You want a water or something?
好
Yeah.
谢谢
Thank you.
心理医生 是吗
A therapist, huh?
是的
Yeah.
剧集 | 婚外情事 | 导航列表