Have you ever wanted to do something really important with your life?
你想过这一生要做一件 真正重要的事吗?
Right.
对
The Senator thing kind of says it all.
当参议员就道尽一切
It wasn't easy for me to leave Clark and go to Washington.
我离开克拉克到华府并不容易
But a part of me really needed to take that next step.
但我也真正需要跨出下一步
That is exactly how I felt when I was talking to...
我跟那个人谈时 也正好有这种感受
This friend.
那个朋友
We used to work together.
我们曾经合作过
And when I helped him...
我帮助他的时候…
Like I was...
我好像在…
...saving the world.
拯救世界
You know, after the glow of my wedding wore off...
等结婚的光辉消失之后…
...I wondered if I'd made a huge mistake...
我怀疑是否犯了大错…
...following Jonathan to a small town where I didn't fit in.
跟乔纳丹来到一个 我格格不入的一个小镇
I went from a city socialite headed for law school...
我从准备上法学院的 都市交际花…
...to being a farmer's wife, marooned on an island of corn.
变成了农夫的太太 困在被玉米包围的孤岛上
Sounds like Survivor: Smallville.
听起来像是“小镇生还者”
You can imagine how I felt...
你可以想像…
...when I was offered a job interning for a federal judge.
得到联邦法官助理工作时 我的感受
I just jumped at the chance.
我马上抓住机会
It was such an exciting time in my life.
那是我一生最兴奋的时光
But in the end, you didn't stay.
但你最后并没有留下
I came home on a rainy weekend and discovered the river was rising.
我回来那个周末正在下雨 而我发现河水上涨…
So I pulled on work boots and went down to the river with Jonathan.
所以我穿上雨靴 跟乔纳丹到河边
And we started throwing sandbags.
我们开始堆沙包
We worked all night holding back a wall of water.
我们彻夜努力阻档水墙
When the sun rose...
太阳升起时…
...I got to tell 20 families that it was safe to go home again.
我有机会告诉20个家庭 可以安全回家了
The city girl saves the day.
城市女孩救了大家
I didn't know what my purpose really was until that rainy day.
那个下雨天之前 我不知道真正的目标
I just needed to look inside myself.
我只是需要内省
Listen, Clark, the Kandorians are still MIA.
克拉克,坎达人还没出现
What about the Book of Rao? I've searched the entire farm. It's not here.
劳尔圣书怎样? 我搜遍了整个农场,不在这里
Lucky for us my mini "Watchtower that could"...
幸好我的迷你瞭望塔…
...is actually pulling off a monster-wide web search.
正在进行全面性搜寻
So if there's any mention of the Book of Rao anywhere in this...
只要任何地方提到劳尔圣书…
Bad news, Clark.
坏消息,克拉克
It looks like I just got a Red Queen virtual smack down.
我好像刚被红皇后关闭了
Red Queen? Chloe, that sounds like Checkmate.
红皇后? 克洛,好像是“将军”的人
Well, despite her handle, the Red Queen isn't a figure on Checkmate's board.
虽然代号♥叫红皇后 但她不是棋盘上的人物
In fact, the rumor has it that her name has been filed under "big, bad nemesis."
其实大家谣传她的姓名 被列在“大坏敌人”栏下
I'll be there as soon as I can.
我会尽快过去
I'm sort of held hostage here until after my mom's family dinner.
吃我妈做的家庭晚餐前 我好像是她的人♥质♥
Okay.
好吧
Come on. Sit. Join me in a drink.
过来坐,陪我喝一杯
Club soda.
苏打水
Since that little wake-up call of yours years ago...
经历了你多年前的那次 小警讯之后…
...I'm a teetotaler and an utter bore.
我完全不趣酒,而且很无聊
Still chasing down stories, I see.
我看你还在追新闻
Oh, this is just a little freelance project I'm doing on the side...
这只是兼差做的一点小计划
...with Lois, actually.
其实是跟露意丝合作
I hope I'm not overstepping.
希望没跦到你的线
No.
没有
There was this one story she wanted my help on, but I....
她采访一则新闻要我协助 但是我…
Looks like she's traded up for a more experienced partner.
她好像找上了 更有经验的伙伴
I'll let you in on a little secret. Experience is overrated.
我告诉你一个小秘密 我的经验被高估
I spent the first 20 years of my career living out of a carry-on bag...
我当记者的头20年 几乎马不停蹄
...chasing every story that moved. I was saving the world.
追踪每一则新闻 以为我在拯救世界
That's a big job for a simple reporter.
那对一个小记者来说太艰钜
Yeah, well...
是的
...two ex-wives and an ex-dog later, it finally sunk in.
有了两个前妻和死了一条狗 之后,我终于明白了
What matters most is having someone around to share your life with.
最重要的是有人分享你的人生
Someone like your mom.
像你妈这样的人
Clark, here's the thing.
克拉克,事情是这样的
I'm gonna ask your mother to marry me.
我要向你妈求婚
I'd like your blessing.
我希望你祝福
Listen, Mr. White, I don't wanna get in the middle of anything.
怀特先生,我不想介入
I'm not sure she's gonna give you the answer you're looking for.
我不确定她会给你 你想要的答案
Lois, we need to talk.
露意丝,我们要谈谈
I don't wanna take a break. I still believe in us.
我不想暂时分手 我对我们还是有信心
I wanna believe in us too.
我也想对我们有信心
But there's a lot I have to figure out and I can't keep lying.
但我有很多事需要思考 而我不能一直撒谎
Mom, everything smells great.
妈,每一样菜都很香
Thanks, honey. Could you two help me with the...
谢谢你,亲爱的 你们两个能否帮忙…
Mom, what is it?
妈,什么事?
Who's up for a crackling fire?
谁想坐在熊熊烈火前?
What did I do?
我做了什么?
That was my dad's jacket.
那是我爸的外套
What a spread.
菜真棒
You really outdid yourself, honey.
你比平常更棒,亲爱的
All right, you lovebirds.
好了,你们这对小鸳鸯
Tell us what it's like working together and dating.
告诉我们情侣一起工作 是什么滋味?
It's never been better. Hm.
好得很
It's kind of like being on a chain gang with your ball and chain.
好像戴着脚缭做苦工
You know, sometimes our job gets in the way, but we always work it out.
有时工作会妨碍我们 但我们总会设法解决
Didn't I read an engagement announcement in the Daily Planet?
我好像在“星球日报”上 看过你们的订婚启事
I thought we weren't gonna bring that up, dear?
亲爱的,我以为 我们不要提这件事
Lois and I got our signals crossed.
露意丝跟我情投意合
Yeah, I don't know how that "I do" slipped out.
是的,我不知怎么溜出 “我愿意”那句话
We're having so much fun, we're just enjoying taking it slowly.
我们很开心,要慢慢享受
Well, you don't hear that very often.
现在很少听到这种话
I think it's nice to be a little old-fashioned.
我认为老式一点比较好
Well, yeah. People are in such a hurry these days.
是的,现在的人都太匆忙
How's that working out for you, Lois?
你觉得怎样,露意丝?
Well....
嗯…
Mrs. K., I can't keep lying to you.
肯谭ue766太,我不能一直骗你
Clark and I aren't working together at the Daily Planet. We were fired.
我跟克拉克没有在“星球日报” 一起工作,我们被开除了
And we aren't taking it slow, we're actually taking a break.
我们不是放慢脚步 其实我们是暂时分手
The truth is, Clark...
克拉克,事实是…
...I need to find a way to make a difference with my life.
我需要找个方法 让生活有意义
And I realize now that I can't look to you or....
我现在发现不能指望你…
Or even the Blur to make that happen for me.
甚至幻影 实现我的目的
I need to do it on my own.
我必须自己做
So maybe what we need right now...
或许我们现在需要的…
...isn't a break.
不是暂时不见面
It's a breakup.
而是分手
Excuse me.
失陪
Lois?
露意丝?
Lois, don't do this.
露意丝,别这样
If you care about me...
如果你爱我
...then let me go.
就让我走
Don't worry. I'll see that she gets back safe.
别担心,我负责让她安全回家
I got a story that's just come up anyway. Oh.
我反正要采访一则新闻
Here, let me help you. Yeah.
来,让我帮你 是的
Thanks for dinner. Bye, Clark.
谢谢请我吃晚餐 再见,克拉克
Oliver. Are you okay?
奥立佛,你没事吧?
Yeah. I'm gonna be great.
是的,我不会有事
Zod. He burned you.
查德烧伤你
Okay, we have to get out of here. Did this guy tell what he wants?
好,我们要离开这里 他有没有告诉你要什么?
I don't know what he wants. He said something about the Red Queen...
我不知道他要什么 他提到红皇后…
...and a gold disk, a bunch of aliens.
还有金碟和一群外星人
Really great stuff. It sounded right up your alley.
很棒的东西 好像是你的领域
Hey, wait a minute.
喂,等一等
This whole thing's an act, right? What?
这件事是演戏吧? 什么?
You had me hauled in here so you could get information about this Rao thing.
你把我拖来这里 想得到关于劳尔的情报
It's you.
是你
You're the Red Queen.
你就是红皇后
Talk about a recipe for disaster.
这真是制♥造♥灾难的公式
Well, it's all my fault.
都是我的错
The last thing I wanted to do was ruin your weekend with Perry.
我最不愿意破坏 你跟裴利的周末
剧集 | 超人前传(2001) | 导航列表