The Book of Rao isn't here.
劳尔圣书不在这里
You just came across that footage but there's gotta be something more.
你刚看过画面 但上面必定还有东西
I'm looking at it now, Clark. Jor-El put it in the north wall.
我正在看,克拉克 乔艾尔把它放在北墙里
I wish I could give you more, but thanks to Tess' break-in...
但愿可以告诉你更多 但因为泰丝闯入…
...Watchtower can barely run "Donkey Kong"...
瞭望塔连玩“大金刚”都很每炝丝
...let alone an image-enhancement program.
运作强化影像程式就更不必说
Chloe, if that book really holds unlimited power, then we need to find it.
克洛,如果圣书真有无限力量 我们必须找到它
Clark, this could explain why our favorite alien nation has gone AWOL.
克拉克,这可以解释 我们最爱的外星人为何失踪
Maybe Zod and the Kandorians are trying to track down the holy Rao grail before we do.
查德和坎达人或许想 抢先找到劳尔圣书
Gotta go.
我要挂了
Aah! Lois.
露意丝
Clark. Sorry. I thought you were a....
克拉克 对不起,我以为你是…
Thief?
小偷?
If you can't recognize my butt in jeans, what are you thinking about?
如果认不出我穿牛仔裤的臀部 你在想什么?
I know. I just... I've been distracted.
我知道,我只是… 分了神
Excuse me but our unemployment situation has just gone to DEFCON 1.
对不起,但我们的失业状况 已经升级到一级备战了
Lois, it's not a matter of life and death.
露意丝,那不侍ue80d关生死的事
Actually, it is.
其实是的
My phone just got turned off because the Planet stopped paying my cell bill...
我的手♥机♥刚 因为“星球日报” 被切断 停付电♥话♥费
...and half my wardrobe is being held hostage at the dry cleaner's.
我的衣服有一半在干洗店里 没有钱去领
To top it off, it's as if you're expecting me to save our unemployed derrieres...
最糟糕的是你好像指望我 救我们的失业老屁♥股♥…
...which, lucky for you, I have.
幸好我有办法
I have found a story that will get us corner offices at the Planet with parking on P1.
我挖到的新闻会让报社 给我们专属办公室和车位
We have to start now. I appreciate the offer...
我们要马上开始 谢谢你的提议…
...but I can't drop everything right now. Whoa.
但我现在放不下手上的东西
Hey.
喂
I have been pounding back double-double espressos...
我一直喝特别浓的咖啡
...just trying to keep us on a masthead, and you've been doing what, exactly?
拼命替我们想办法 你做了什么?
I just have some responsibilities that I can't ignore.
我有一些不能忽略的责任
Well, here's something I can't ignore.
这是我不能忽略的事
I need a purpose...
我需要一个目标
...some kind of bigger mission in life.
我的人生需要更大使命
You don't seem to need that. You're under a lot of stress.
你好像不需要这些 你承受很大的压力
I understand that, but maybe you're just overreacting.
我了解,但你或许反应过度
To what?
对什么的反应?
My life falling apart?
我的人生崩溃?
Lois, just give me a break.
露意丝,帮我一个忙
You want a break?
你想休息?
Maybe we should take a break.
我们或许该休息
A break from this relationship.
脱离这种关系
Clark.
克拉克
Mom.
妈
What a surprise.
真让我惊喜
I thought you'd be at the Planet.
我以为你在报社
I'm working from home.
我在家里工作
What are you doing here? I need an excuse to see my own son?
你来做什么? 看儿子还要有理由吗?
Lois, hi. You'll stay for dinner, I hope.
露意丝,嗨 我希望你留下来吃晚餐
I've got plenty for the four of us.
我有很多菜,够四个人吃
"The four of us"?
四个人?
I don't know why you need all these clothes.
不知道你为什么需要 这么多衣服
With my help, you won't be wearing any...
在我协助下,你不会穿…
You remember Perry White?
记得裴利怀特吗?
The Perry White?
伟大的裴利怀特?
I think about him every day.
我每天都想到他
Your father and I had our first date in this barn.
你♥爸♥和我第一次约会 就在这个谷仓里
I made a surprise picnic, but his truck broke down...
我做了让他惊喜的野要,但他的车抛锚
...so we ate it in here.
所以我们在这里野餐
I'm glad you made it home, Mom.
我很高兴你回来,妈
Well, the Senate broke early for recess, and....
参议院提早休会而…
Oh, Clark, the truth is...
克拉克,其实是…
...I couldn't face the memories.
我无法面对回忆
It's hard coming back to this place.
回到这里让我很难过
I'm just glad you're here now.
我很高兴你在这里
About Perry, I hope you don't mind.
带裴利回来希望你不介意
I bumped into him at a committee hearing a few months ago.
我几个月前在委员会 听证会上遇到他
It's okay, Mom.
没关系,妈
As long as he doesn't start looking for a story.
只要他不开始挖新闻
I've had my hands full with the Kandorians.
坎达人让我疲于奔命
I'm so proud of everything you're doing to help your people.
你为了帮助你们的人 所做的一切都让我引以为荣
Well, it hasn't been easy.
很不容易
More than ever, I've been living two lives.
我现在更需要过双重生活
One of those lives is full of sacrifice...
其中一种生活充满牺牲
...so I'm glad to see the other one has Lois in it.
所以我很高兴看到 你的另一种生活里有露意丝
I sleep better knowing you have someone special in your life.
知道你有特别钟情的人 让我睡得安稳一点
Oh, my God. You have gotta forward this to my high-school journalism teacher.
我的天,你必须把这 转交给我的高中新闻学老师
"Check it out, Mrs. Kreitzman, me and Perry White.
看吧,寇利兹曼太太 我跟裴利怀特
Who's sorry now, beyotch?"
现在是谁遗憾?
Sorry, kid. Last thing I need is a Mrs. Kreitzman on my ass.
对不起,孩子 我现在最不想见寇利兹曼太太
By the way, I've read some of your stuff.
我看过你写的一些东西
You and Clark are a regular Woodward and Bernstein.
你跟克拉克都会挖内♥幕♥
Thanks.
谢谢
We aren't really writing together at the moment.
我们现在没有在一起采访
Is that your next big story?
这是你的下一则大新闻?
Yeah. I've been tracking this one for months.
是的,我已经追踪了几个月
Big players. This thing is my white whale, kid.
大玩家,这是我的大鲸鱼
Sorry I can't share any details.
可惜不能透露细节
Too bad, Ahab.
太可惜了,艾赫船长
I've got something pretty big on the line too.
我也钓到了大鱼
It's gonna cause quite a splash.
一定会引起一阵骚动
Hm. Well, if it's as huge as you say it is...
如果真有你说得那么大…
...good luck reeling it in all by yourself.
你一个人收线时祝你好运
That's true.
这是事实
I don't have Clark right now to help with the heavy lifting...
我现在没有克拉克帮忙…
...but this puppy sells itself.
但我的新闻能推销自己
It is gonna kick your story back to Arts and Leisure.
会把你的新闻挤到艺文版
You've gotta be kidding me.
你一定是在开玩笑
This is a goth guy on a trampoline in a jogging suit.
这是穿慢跑装的哥德族 跳弹簧床
No, it's the real thing. I got a call from a...
不,这是真的 我接到一通电♥话♥…
A guy who needed my help.
一个需要我帮助的人
And when I started investigating this shady redhead...
开始调查这个可疑的红发人时…
...I found the mother lode.
我我到了母矿
There are aliens here on our planet.
地球上有外星人
And they are looking for this...
他们在找寻这个…
...the Book of Rao.
劳尔圣书
The Book of Rao.
劳尔圣书
Really?
真的?我曾经看过这个
You gotta give some to get some.
要付出才有收获
All right, Lane, here's what I've got.
好吧,露意丝 这是我拿到的东西
A secret government complex in the Rocky Mountains was blown to bits.
洛矶山脉的秘密政♥府♥机关 被炸成碎片
When I tried to investigate, I was blocked by an operative...
我企图调查时 被一个探员拦阻
...even the FBI doesn't know about, code name Red Queen.
连FBI都不知道的探员 代号♥叫“红皇后”
Now, I think she's shadowing a secret organization called Checkmate...
我想她在主持一个 叫“将军”的秘密组织
...which is fighting some kind of terrorist invasion.
他们在对抗某种 恐♥怖♥份♥子♥入侵
And it's all somehow connected with this.
而都跟这东西有关连
Maybe our two stories are really the same story.
或许我们两个的故事 其实是同一件事
This is your lucky day, kid.
今天是你的幸运日,孩子
The big break most people only dream about.
大多数人只能梦想的大机会
You get to write a story with Perry White.
你有机会跟裴利怀特 一起写报导
Damn it!
该死
What did you do to this place?
你在这里做了什么?
Where is the Book of Rao?
劳尔圣书在哪里?
Gotta hand it to you, Mrs. K.
不得不佩服你,肯谭ue766太
Running Senate subcommittees by day, cooking rocking meals by night.
白天主持参院委员会 晚上烧一手好菜
You put the M in "modern woman." Me, I put the T in "takeout."
你让摩登女性增光 我只会吃
So, tell me all the news. How are you and Clark?
告诉我新消息吧 你跟克拉克怎样?
Oh. You know, everything's peachy.
一切都很好
You know us. Chocolate and peanut butter, yin and yang, Tarzan and Jane.
你知道我们是巧克力和花生酱 阴和阳,泰山和珍妮
Okay, maybe not the "pulling hair, jungle love of it all."
好吧,或许不是拉扯的那种 最伟大的丛林之爱
Perry mentioned you aren't writing together. Is everything okay?
裴利说你们没有在一起采访 一切都好吗?
Yeah.
是的
剧集 | 超人前传(2001) | 导航列表