剧集 | 主宰世界(2021) | 导航列表
直到她终于赞助了我。
until she finally sponsored me.
真是尴尬。
It was really embarrassing.
哦。好吧,嗯,对不起。
Oh. Well, um, I'm sorry.
我们是雅培和邦德的六位有色人种女性中的两位,
We're two of six women of color at Abbott and Bond,
我真的以为我们会互相支援。
and I just really thought we'd have each other's backs.
但我想不是。
But I guess not.
嗯,哦,是的。
Mm-hmm. Oh, yeah.
哦,我刚刚得到了我的第二个复♥式♥
Oh, I just got my second duplex
142日和玛律科姆·
on 142nd and Malcolm X.
你知道,这些白人千禧一代,
You know, these white millennials,
他们喜欢支付太多的租金。
they love paying too much rent.
倒钩。
Barb.
哦。-嘿,女孩。
Oh. -Hey, girl.
主。-嘿。
Lord. -Hey.
很高兴在这里见到你。
Fancy seeing you here.
你知道,我不确定我们的道路是否会再次相遇,
You know, I wasn't sure our paths would ever cross again,
看看我们的女孩是如何跳过城镇的
seeing how our girl skipped town
半夜。
in the middle of the night.
是的,我知道,她从这里剥了出来
Yeah, I know, she peeled out of here
就像她在逃避子女抚养费一样。
like she was running from child support.
你知道,但我并不感到惊讶。
You know, but I'm not surprised.
艾拉一直是一个自♥由♥的精神。
Ella was always a free spirit.
不要误会我的意思。她操了我。
Don't get me wrong. She fucked me.
但在很多方面,我很佩服她。
But in a lot of ways, I admire her.
在很多其他方面,
And in a lot of other ways,
我要拧断她的长超模脖子
I'm gonna wring her long supermodel neck
如果我再见到她。
if I ever see her again.
谁让你进来的?
Who let you in here?
惠特尼。
Whitney.
几个月前,我离开了Eclipse,成立了自己的商店。
I left Eclipse a few months ago and set up my own shop.
好吧。-嗯嗯。
All right. -Mm-hmm.
对你有好处。-好吧,我-我只是无意中听到了你的声音
Good for you. -Well, I-I just overheard you
谈论您的房♥地♥产♥投资。
talking about your real estate investment.
你知道,我也在寻找一些投资者。
You know, I'm looking for some investors as well.
哦,我打赌你是
Ooh, I bet you are
在您的前任从您的共同基金借款后。
after your ex borrowed from your mutual fund.
哦,对了,艾拉也把你们三个身上的热茶也给了我。
Oh, yeah, Ella gave me the hot tea on you three as well.
哦!
Oh!
哦,那个艾拉,她总是个八卦。
Oh, that Ella, she always was a gossip.
呃,但我-我仍然感兴趣
Uh, but I'm-I'm still interested
在和你讨论我的生意时。
in discussing my business with you.
也许我们很快就能喝杯咖啡了。
Perhaps we can grab a coffee soon.
好吧,我——你知道,我——我只是——
Well, I--you know, I-I just--
好吧,我想我有时间再做一个慈善事业。
Okay, I-I guess I have time for one more charitable cause.
好吧,这是我的名片。-[倒钩] 好的。
Well, here's my card. -[Barb] Okay.
[蕾妮]蕾妮罗斯机构。-哦。
[Renee] Renee Ross Agency. -Ooh.
我的资讯就在背面。
My information's right on the back.
拿去吧。-是的。
Take it. -Yup.
谢谢。
Thank you.
一个在袋子里。
One in the bag.
下一个问题。
Next question.
CRT的宣导者
Advocates of CRT
仍然无法就何时达成一致
still can't agree on when
将其引入课程。
to introduce it to the curriculum.
有人说早在学前班。
Some say as early as preschool.
其他人想坚持上高中。
Others want to hold out for high school.
你认为什么时候是最好的时间?
When do you think is the best time?
可以吗?
May I?
我全心全意地相信
I wholeheartedly believe
批判性种族理论应该在学校教授。
that critical race theory should be taught in school.
但是小学
But elementary school
博学为时过早
is too early for its erudition
因为小学生
because elementary-aged children
缺乏批判性思维能力。
lack the critical-thinking skills.
我们必须为纯真留有余地。
We must leave room for innocence.
我们必须为自然发展留有余地。
We must leave room for natural development.
但六岁的孩子确实有经验
But six-year-olds do experience
微侵略,鲍威尔博士,
microaggressions, Dr. Powell,
不管他们认不认。
whether they recognize it or not.
当黑人孩子不明白什么是种族主义时,
And when Black kids don't understand what racism is,
他们内化了这些言论...
they internalize these remarks...
嗯.
Mm-hmm.
...尤其是黑人小女孩。
...especially little Black girls.
是的。
Yes.
年龄之间的黑人孩子
Black kids between the age
的 5 和 12
of 5 and 12
自杀的可能性是其两倍
are twice as likely to commit suicide
作为同龄的白人青少年。
as white adolescents of the same age.
所以我认为微攻击正在发生
So I would argue that microaggressions are happening
儿童是否拥有先进的
whether or not children possess the advanced
批判性思维技能来解释它们。
critical-thinking skills to interpret them.
因此,适合年龄的关键种族课程
Therefore, an age-appropriate critical race curriculum
应该让他们具备这样做的技能。
should equip them with the skills to do so.
好吧,一切都很好,希尔女士,
Well, that's all well and good, Ms. Hill,
但这需要很多小学教师,
but that's asking a lot of primary education teachers,
不是吗?
is it not?
在这些早期阶段,
In these early stages,
我相信这个责任是属于父母的。
I believe this responsibility belongs to the parents.
真?
Really?
因为大多数父母
Because most parents
甚至不能和他们的孩子谈论性。
can't even talk to their kids about sex.
训练有素的教师装备更齐全
Trained teachers are far more equipped
比父母进行这种对话。
to have this conversation than parents.
相信我,我知道。
Believe me, I know.
您越早了解系统
And the sooner you learn of the systems
已经到位并旨在阻止您,
that are in place and designed to hold you back,
您可以越早开始拆除这些系统。
the sooner you can begin tearing these systems down.
惠特尼格林。
Whitney Greene.
菲力浦休斯顿,哇。
Phillip Houston, wow.
你好。你好吗?
Hi. How are you?
我很棒。谢谢。
I'm wonderful. Thank you.
嗯,你在这里做什么?
Um, what are you doing here?
我以为你在伦敦。
I thought that you were in London.
你一直在监视我吗?
Have you been keeping tabs on me?
哦,上帝,你根本没有改变。
Oh, God, you have not changed at all.
我在伦敦。
I was in London.
但现在我在美林,赚了两倍。
But now I'm at Merrill Lynch, making twice as much.
雅培和邦德怎么样?
How is Abbott and Bond?
哦,现在谁在监视谁?
Oh, now who's keeping tabs on whom?
客观代词的可爱使用。
Lovely use of the objective pronoun.
很好,因为你们英国人
Good, 'cause you Brits
让我对自己的语法感到非常不安全。
make me real insecure about my grammar.
这就是我被踢出学习小组的原因吗?
Was that why I was kicked out of the study group?
哦,是的,100%。-[笑声]
Oh, yeah, 100%. -[laughter]
但似乎事情对你来说很好
But it seems like things turned out pretty good for you
毕业后。
after graduation.
你也是。-嗯。
You as well. -Mm.
好医生怎么样
And how's the good doctor
你和谁订婚了?
to whom you were engaged?
呃,嗯...
Uh, um...
是的,事情并没有真正解决。
yeah, things didn't really work out.
哦,对不起。
Oh, I'm sorry.
是的。
Yeah.
我自己经历了一次相当残酷的分手。
I went through a pretty brutal breakup of my own.
这可能是也可能不是我来纽约的原因。
It may or may not be why I'm here in New York.
嗯,我...确定这都是你的错。
Well, I'm... sure that it was all your fault.
哦,当然。
Oh, absolutely.
我们还有一些工作要做。
We have some catching up to do.
是的。
Yeah.
以后想喝一杯吗?
Fancy a drink later?
剧集 | 主宰世界(2021) | 导航列表