剧集 | 主宰世界(2021) | 导航列表
并把它投给她参加明年的辩论。
and pitch it to her for next year's debate.
你知道吗?你们都可以取笑我
You know what? Y'all can make fun of me
如果你愿意,但这是一个重大阴谋
if you want to, but it's a major conspiracy
没有其他人在谈论。
that no one else is talking about.
华丽的宽接收器,对姐♥妹♥们♥来说太好了,是吧?
Flashy wide receivers, too good for the sisters, huh?
无论如何,我不想和你辩论。
Anyway, I wouldn't wanna debate you.
所以我知道你会粉碎它。
So I know you're gonna crush it.
我相信马修为你感到骄傲。
And I'm sure that Matthew is very proud of you.
是的,他是。
Yeah, he is.
不过,不能在更糟糕的时候来。
Couldn't come at a worse time, though.
嗯,这是怎么回事?-我们刚刚发现
Well, what's going on? -We just found out
马修的屋顶需要完全重做。
that Matthew's roof needs to be completely redone.
他们可能需要一两个月才能修复它。
And it might take a month or two for them to fix it.
哦,上帝,这太可怕了。
Oh, God, that's awful.
那么你们两个在他们做所有维修的时候必须搬出去吗?
So do you two have to move out while they do all the repairs?
是的,但问题是,马修的
Yeah, but the thing is, is that Matthew's
保险公♥司♥只会给他
insurance company is only going to give him
$150 一晚
$150 a night
纽约市的一家酒店。
for a hotel in New York City.
哦,我的上帝,你一晚150美元可以住在哪里?
Oh, my God, where can you stay for $150 a night?
我知道一个免费的地方。
I know a place that's free.
好吧,好吧,我们...
Okay, well, we...
...都知道我还没有完全告诉马修
...all know that I haven't exactly told Matthew
关于我的地方。
about my place yet.
嗬嗬!
Oh-ho!
我不是故意告诉他的,好吗?
I'm not not telling him on purpose, okay?
我只是-- -你不要他
I just-- - You don't want him
生你的气,因为你完全背叛了他的信任。
to be pissed at you for totally betraying his trust.
好吧,这是什么意思?
Okay, what is that supposed to mean?
哦,这应该意味著你是那个人
Oh, that's supposed to mean that you were the one
谁告诉我要对奥拉完全诚实,
who told me to be completely honest with Ola,
而你正在做完全相反的事情。
and you are doing the exact opposite.
好的,但是...
Okay, but...
我的情况非常不同。
my situation is very different.
好的,惠特尼,你第一天回到工作岗位怎么样?
Okay, Whitney, how was your first day back at work?
哦,太好了。
Oh, it was great.
就像我从未离开过一样。
It's like I never left.
呃,太残忍♥了。
Ugh, it's brutal.
我很郁闷。我落后了。
I'm depressed. I'm behind.
那里没有人在乎我。
No one there gives a fuck about me.
没有一个人问我过得怎么样。
Not a single person asked me how I was doing.
即使是拉达,她也只是吹过了我的痛苦
Even Radha, she just blew past my pain
并问我是否可以赞助她参加ABPOC,
and asked me if I could sponsor her for ABPOC,
就像这就是我的全部好处。
like that's all I'm good for.
什么是ABPOC?
What's ABPOC?
有色人种商业专业人士协会。
The Association for Business Professionals of Color.
姑娘,你去哪儿了?
Girl, where have you been?
惠特尼,去他妈的拉达。
Whitney, fuck Radha.
我需要这个。你需要赞助我。
I need this. You need to sponsor me.
艾比去年应该赞助我参加这个活动,
Abby was supposed to sponsor me at this event last year,
但他们发现她不是 1/16 切诺基人
but they found out that she wasn't 1/16 Cherokee
然后把她的屁♥股♥踢了出去。
and kicked her ass out.
但--
But--
我得开始联网了,好吗?
I gotta start networking, okay?
我的现金流现在不存在。
My cash flow is nonexistent right now.
我只是在想Airbnb我的套房♥卧室,
I was just thinking about Airbnb'ing my en suite bedroom,
只要得到一些钱!
just get some money!
帮帮我!-哦!
Help me! -Ooh!
马修和我可以租你的房♥子。
Matthew and I could rent your place.
女孩,不是一晚150。
Girl, not for 150 a night.
惠特尼,拜托了。你是我最好的朋友。
Whitney, please. You're my best friend.
好的,好的。我会赞助你。
Okay, fine. I will sponsor you.
谢谢。我爱妳。
Thank you. I love you.
毫米。
Mm.
那么我应该告诉马修吗?
So should I tell Matthew or not?
是的!
Yes!
尊敬的法官、教师和学生,
Esteemed judges, faculty, and students,
欢迎参加第六届年度会议
welcome to the sixth annual
非裔美国人研究部市政厅辩论。
African-American Studies Department Town Hall Debates.
今年,我们将讨论一个非常相关的话题:
This year, we'll be debating a very pertinent topic:
批判种族理论
critical race theory
并将其引入我们的公立学校。
and its introduction into our public schools.
在我们开始之前,我想介绍一下我们的团队。
Before we jump in, I'd like to introduce our teams.
对于教授,我们有希拉·汤玛斯博士,
For the professors, we have Dr. Sheila Thomas,
约瑟夫·詹森教授,
Professor Joseph Johnson,
和马修鲍威尔博士。
and Dr. Matthew Powell.
并代表我们的研究生,
And representing our graduate students,
我们有里贾纳·杰克逊女士,
we have Ms. Regina Jackson,
桑迪·希尔女士,
Ms. Sondi Hill,
和朱利安·西蒙斯先生。
and Mr. Julian Simmons.
让我们直接进入我们的第一个问题。
Let's jump right in with our first question.
有“批判种族理论”一词
Has the term "critical race theory"
帮助或阻碍了美国黑人的努力
helped or hindered Black Americans' efforts
改变美国历史的叙事
to change the narrative of American history
在公立学校系统中?
in the public school system?
教授们,作为去年的获奖者,
Professors, as last year's winners,
你想先去还是第二?
would you like to go first or second?
第二。-我明白了。
Second. -I got this.
CRT 只是一次绩效评估
CRT is simply a performance review
伟大的美国实验。
of the great American experiment.
它审查法律、实践和政策
It examines the laws, practices, and policies
通过某些系统和结构
passed by certain systems and structures
继续造成不平等。
that continue to render inequality.
知识份子就是这样说的,“给我看看收据。
It's how intellectuals say, "Show me the receipts."
我不认为这个词阻碍了努力
I don't think the term has hindered the efforts
让美国黑人在学校教授CRT。
for Black Americans to have CRT taught in schools.
我们不需要改变一个短语来让人们加入
We don't need to change a phrase to get people on board
他们一开始就永远不会加入。
who were never gonna be on board in the first place.
谢谢。
Thank you.
干得好,西蒙斯先生。
Well done, Mr. Simmons.
听起来你在课堂上一直在专心。
Sounds like you've been paying attention in class.
但是,我必须不同意。
However, I must disagree.
这个词绝对阻碍了我们的努力
The term has absolutely hindered our efforts
在改变课程。
at changing curriculum.
它被武器化了,用来对付我们
It's been weaponized against us
以至于我们正在讨论语义
to the point that we are discussing semantics
不再讨论系统性种族主义。
and no longer discussing systemic racism.
具有讽刺意味的是,“批判种族理论”
The irony is that "critical race theory"
不能是一个更友好的术语。
could not be a friendlier term.
你看,种族主义不是一种理论。
You see, racism is not a theory.
这是事实。
It's a fact.
因此,尽管我同意西蒙斯先生的观点
So whereas I agree with Mr. Simmons
我们不需要更改术语,
that we do not need to change the term,
我们确实需要改变围绕该术语的讨论。
we do need to change the discussion around the term.
而变化应该是,根本没有讨论。
And the change should be, there is no discussion at all.
这个词不是问题。
The term is not the problem.
种族主义是问题所在。
Racism is the problem.
欢迎来到大联盟。
Welcome to the big leagues.
我要把这个房♥间的狗屎弄出来。
I'm gon' work the shit out of this room.
哦,椰子虾。谢谢。
Ooh, coconut shrimp. Thank you.
嗯。
Mmm.
哦,我的上帝,拉达来了。
Oh, my God, Radha's here.
那是我坐的那个女孩吗?
Is that the girl whose spot I took?
是的。
Yeah.
她看起来也很生气。
She looks pissed too.
好的,看你。
Okay, see ya.
蕾 妮!
Renee!
拉达,嗨。[尴尬地笑]
Radha, hi. [chuckles awkwardly]
所以我看到你——
So I see that you--
我在推特上轰炸了劳伦斯和大卫森的尼莎·沙阿
I Twitter bombed Nisha Shah from Lawrence and Davidson
剧集 | 主宰世界(2021) | 导航列表