剧集 | 夏洛特女王:布里奇顿前传(2023) | 导航列表
如果王后陛下想休息 u200e我和雷诺斯先生...
If Your Majesty prefers to retire, Mr. Reynolds and I--
难道我不能替国王沐浴吗?
Am I not permitted to wash the king?
这麽做不符常规
It is just not usual.
我承认我有很多王宫规矩要学习
I confess I still have much to learn about palace procedure.
例如我刚才把国王从菜园裡哄回来
For instance, I just pulled the king out of a hole in the vegetable garden
他当时正忙着和天空对话 那是常规吗?
where he was busy discoursing with the sky. Is that usual?
不是,王后陛下 国王最近行为很反常
No, Your Majesty. The king has not been himself lately.
这是什麽?
What is this?
这是怎麽回事?
What is happening?
我丈夫怎麽了?
What has happened to my husband?
牠意志坚强
He has a strong will.
有自己的想法
A mind of his own.
牠偶尔会失控,但牠最适合耕犁了
Cuts his own trail now and then, but nothing better for driving a plow.
我特意在列治文的农场饲养的
Purpose-bred on my farm at Richmond.
牠是美丽的生物,国王陛下
He is a beautiful creature, Your Majesty. - Mm.
但老实说...
Though I confess...
但说无妨
Go on, speak plainly.
我习惯了旧方法,牛群比较好控制
I'm used to the old ways. Oxen are so much more predictable.
牠好了吗? -是的
Is he free? - Yes, sir.
继续
Go on.
等你看到两匹马能在一天内
When you see that two of these horses can accomplish in a day
完成一群牛一週的工作量 你就会知道改变没那麽困难
what took a team of oxen a week, you shall learn how easily old habits die.
荷兰新改良的犁... -抱歉,国王陛下
With the new plows the Dutch are-- - Excuse me, Your Majesty.
王太后要请您进宫裡一趟
It is the Dowager Princess. You're needed at the palace.
告诉她我在田裡忙 -可是她坚持
Tell her I'm busy in a field. - I'm afraid she insists.
我想...
I believe...
我想她替您找到新娘了
I believe she's found you a bride.
乔治
George.
谢谢你特地整理仪容
So good of you to clean up for us.
我没料到会有这麽多人
I did not expect so much company.
妳不该麻烦他们,我不能待太久
You should not have troubled them. I cannot stay long.
那就来谈那档事吧
Let us get on with the thing, then.
那档事?
The thing?
妳懂的,那档事
You know, the thing.
也就是妳列举出 妳挑选出的贵族女士有哪些美德
The thing where you enumerate the many meritorious qualities
然后我提醒妳
of some chosen noblewoman.
我对这些贵族女士的优点不感兴趣
And I remind you how uninterested I am in the qualities of noblewomen.
国王陛下,本週皮特与纽卡素提议
Your Majesty, just this week, Pitt and Newcastle moved to place
让下议院支配王室收益...
royal revenues under control of the House--
布特,你打扰我母亲说话
Bute, you interrupted my mother.
她正要说这位女士的祖先
She was about to say that this lady's ancestors fought at Hastings,
打过黑斯廷斯之战,她擅长弹大键琴
and is said to be very fine at the harpsichord.
然后我会说
And then I was going to say...
我不在乎大键琴 看吧?我能一人分饰两角
that I do not care for the harpsichord. See? I can play both parts.
只要你一天没有继承人 我们家族的地位便岌岌可危
Every day you fail to produce an heir, our family's position weakens.
对,谢谢妳的提醒
Right.Thank you for the cue.
难道国王就只能这样吗?
Now I ask, is that all a king is?
一匹接近特定母马的皇家种马?
A royal stud-horse trotted out for the chosen mare?
还是国王能依照自己的方式治国? 像是实用科学研究?
Or can a king rule in his own way through practical scientific study?
改善农业?人♥民♥喜欢什麽?
Agricultural improvement? Tell me, what would the people prefer?
王室宝宝还是便宜的麵包?
A royal baby or cheap bread?
现在两者都没有
Right now, they have neither.
战争掏空了国库
The war has drained our coffers.
如今美洲殖民地威胁不缴税
Now the American colonies threaten to withhold taxes,
加上议会反抗
and Parliament revolts.
人♥民♥需要国王
The people need a king.
真正的国王
A real king.
虽然你有些障碍
God knows you have had your... obstacles,
但我们再也不能继续容忍♥障碍
Not any longer.
于是我帮你找到了王后
So... I have found you a queen.
梅克伦堡史特立兹大公国的 苏菲亚夏洛特
Sophia Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz.
德国人?
A German?
好有异国情调
How exotic.
我不会说她的优点让你心烦
I will not bore you with her qualities
除了最棒的一点
except for the best one.
她正在船上
She is on a ship.
船上?
A ship?
现在? -前往伦敦
Now? - Bound for London.
结婚契约已经签好了
The betrothal contracts are signed.
结婚契约已经签好了
The betrothal contracts are signed.
此事已成定局 -不可能
It is done. - Impossible.
她会...她会看不到月球
She will lose...She will lose the... moon.
看不到月球,国王陛下?
Lose the... moon, Your Majesty?
现在是北海风暴季节 连船长或六分仪都无计可施
There are storms over the North Sea. Matters not your captain or your sextant.
看不到天空就看不到月球 看不到月球表面就没有经度
No sky, no moon. No moon, no lunars. No lunars, no longitude.
没有经度就没有新娘 她看不到月球就会迷路
No longitude, no bride. She loses the moon, and she is lost.
退下!
Withdraw! Withdraw!
都听到了,退下 -看不到月球,看不到北河三
You heard. Everyone out! - Not only the moon. Pollux, lost.
看不到轩辕十四 看不到北河三,看不到轩辕十四
Regulus, lost. Pollux, lost. Regulus, lost.
还有... -乔治...
And... after Pollux... - George! George... George...
乔治
George.
症状跟小脑发炎一样
The symptoms remain consistent with an inflamed cerebellum.
是时候考虑颅骨穿孔术
It is time to consider trepanation.
胡说,我在奇切斯特有病人跟他一样
Nonsense. I had a patient just like him in Chichester.
这是腿部体液失衡 -我们试过你的疗法
It is an excess of ill humor in the legs. - We tried your methods.
没有任何效果 只是将体液导入他的胃
They succeeded in nothing but driving the humor into his stomach.
王太后殿下,我恳求您,饮食是关键
Your Highness, I implore you. Diet is the key.
够了
Enough.
我们试过所有的理论和可怕的疗程
We've entertained all your theories and their hideous treatments.
如今他的婚礼就在一週后
Now it is a week before his wedding.
国王仍然...
And the king remains...
一如往常
...as before.
我们需要新的理论
We need new theories.
的确,王太后殿下,也许是时候考虑
Indeed, Your Highness. It may be time to consider
其他医生不敢尝试的做法
what none of your physicians have dared.
国王的健康状况不仅是生理上的
That the king's condition is not merely physical
也是神经上的
but nervous.
你知道你在说什麽吗?
Do you understand what you are saying, sir?
那可是叛国罪!
That is treason.
若国王被宣判有神经疾病 他会失去王位!
If the king is declared insane, he loses the throne!
不是神经疾病
Not insane.
只是神经溷乱而已
Merely suffering a disorganization of the nerves.
在下自行医以来 便致力于治疗神经溷乱
A disorganization I have devoted my career to curing.
在下是贝特莱姆医院的约翰门罗医生
Dr. John Monro of the Bethlehem Hospital.
你是说贝特莱姆疯人院
You mean Bedlam, the madhouse.
王太后殿下 这个庸医不配与合格医生为伍
Your Highness, this quack has no place among proper doctors.
合格医生让我很失望
The proper doctors have failed me,
所以我得另寻高人
so I have had to cast a wider net.
继续说,先生
Continue, sir.
与我景仰的同仁不同的是
Unlike my esteemed colleagues, my methods do not require
我的疗法不需要
让病人流血、被有毒的甲虫螫
bleeding the patient or stinging him with poison beetles,
或用止血带让腿瘀青
or bruising his legs with tourniquets.
那好
Aye.
什麽样的疗法?
What do they involve, then?
纯粹是跟他说话
Simply talking to him.
说话?
Talking? Ha! Are we to believe this malady can be cured with one's voice?
我们要相信这疾病能靠说话治癒吗?
要看是谁在说话
It depends on the voice.
听好了,小子
Listen, boy.
记得你是谁
Remember yourself.
你是英国国王
You are the king of England.
成千上万人
You have thousands prepared
能因你一句话丧命
to die at a word from you.
你有军队、海军服从你的命令
You have armies, navies at your command.
你指挥整个王国
You command an entire kingdom.
你也能指挥自己
You can command yourself too.
你一週后要结婚
You're to marry in a week.
你能结婚吗,乔治?
Are you fit to marry, George?
能
I am.
别像乡巴佬一样四处张望
Do not gawk like a peasant.
剧集 | 夏洛特女王:布里奇顿前传(2023) | 导航列表