剧集 | 火星时代(2016) | 导航列表
Because the whole idea that a private company
因为一个私企占据大部分的
could claim huge chunks of Mars was
火星的想法
considered preposterous.
极度荒谬
Now we think, yes, it's inevitable.
我们现在再来想想 是的 这不可避免
I'm sure that there are people who'd like to run it as a preserve.
我想信总会有人会想着把它当成保护区
And guarantee that nothing positive happens.
保证没有大事发生
But the truth is, there's a huge amount of resources in space,
但是事实上 外太空有大量资源
and you can almost certainly mine it at a profitable level.
开采肯定是有利可图的
But if their motive is to exploit
但是如果他们的动机是开采
the resources on Mars, then it would be a
火星上的资源 那么它就是一个
profit-driven enterprise, and we have a profit-driven planet already.
被利益驱使的企业 我们已经有了这样的一个星球
And we've got some very big problems that can't be solved by that system.
我们地球这样的系统无法解决这些难题
A lot of the debates that we're having over how we'll live on Mars,
我们就如何在火星生存所进行的辩论
are really mirrored by the kinds of debates we're having here on Earth.
正是我们应该如何在地球上生存的辩论
Breaking news tonight in the battle
重大新闻
to try to stop a controversial
是否阻止原油管道的铺设
crude oil pipeline.
备受争议
Drill, drill, drill.
钻钻钻
We need the oil. Why are we even discussing this?
我们需要石油 我们怎么还要讨论这种事情
So when we talk about what we're thinking about doing on Mars,
所以当我们在谈论要在火星做什么的时候
what we're really doing is talking about what we think is okay to do here
其实是在讨论我们
on this planet.
能在地球上做什么
We're currently one mile off the rig.
我们目前距离钻台只有一英里
We're in a good position to start launching boats.
这个地方很适合船只下水
We are here protesting this particular company drilling here,
我们在这里抗♥议♥这家公♥司♥在这里钻探
but also in general protesting against Arctic oil drilling.
也是抗♥议♥在北极地区进行石油开采
It's insane to come here and drill for more oil,
来北极钻探采油真是丧心病狂
when we have climate change pushing on us.
因为我们已经在经历气候的异常变化了
Our experience on Earth has shown that companies want access
就我们在地球的经验来说 每个公♥司♥
to new territory everywhere.
都想进入新领地
And so the Arctic is a perfect example of this.
北极就是个非常好的例子
We see companies looking at the Arctic as essentially a porthole for oil.
我们可以看到 每个公♥司♥都把北极当作开采石油的宝地
At the same time, we have a counter-movement,
同时我们有一个反对运动
that says we are not going down without a fight.
我们会一直反对下去
Arctic Sunrise, request that you keep well clear
北极日出 请求你远离油田
of 500-meter safety zone.
请待在500米外的安全区
What we're going to do is go to the site of the Tsonga Enabler,
我们要做的是去森江那不勒
and stay there.
然后待在那里
By staying there, they have to stop their operations.
只要我们在那 他们就不能继续操作
Where are our friends, the Coast Guard vessel?
我们的朋友在哪儿呢 在海岸警卫队船上吗
From the industry's standpoint, they want to develop this area.
从他们的角度来看 他们想开♥发♥这片区域
So they are not happy about these protests,
所以他们讨厌抗♥议♥活动
as Greenpeace certainly found out in Russia.
比如俄♥罗♥斯♥的绿色和平组织
It's something that you have to decide
这些是当你决定要参与这些行动时
upon when you decide to participate in these
必须得做的决定 这意味着
actions, that you are ready to take the risk.
你准备好承受风险了
I did know that doing actions in, in Russia is more risky
我知道在俄♥罗♥斯♥采取行动
than doing actions somewhere else.
要比在其他地方更加危险
But there is always this unknown factor.
但是永远都有不确定的因素
There was me and then another climber,
有一次我和另一个人在攀登
and they were spraying like ice-cold water
他们用灭火的水管往
on us with the big fire hoses.
我们身上喷冰冷的水
Already, that was really dangerous.
这已经很危险了
And then everything else that happened on top of it.
然后又发生了其他事
Guns pointed in our faces.
枪就对着我们的脸
Two guns pointed directly at our faces.
有两支枪就直接对着我的脸
Special forces landed on their ship.
特种部队上了他们的船
It was a strong first response.
那是第一次的激烈反击
30 Greenpeace activists are sitting in jail
30名绿色和平活动者进了监狱
on controversial piracy charges.
面临着海上抢劫的指控
We might have been in prison for seven years, or for two years,
我们可能会在监狱待
or something in between.
两年或者更久 甚至长达七年
So the uncertainty, that was the scariest thing.
所以最可怕的就是不确定性
Even though it's horrible what happened in Russia,
虽然在俄♥罗♥斯♥发生了很可怕的事
what it caused to my family and, and my friends,
也影响到了我的家人和朋友
I still think it's a necessity.
但是我仍然觉得这是有必要的
You have to be able to leave
你必须要离开
and not be certain when you'll come back home.
尽管你不知道什么时候才能回家
I can't live a life where I'm not doing
我绝不允许自己不做
all that I can to protect planet Earth.
保护地球的事
It's what my home is.
地球就是我的家
We are made for this world, made for Earth.
我们为世界而生 为地球而生
Just as all the other living things on it are.
就像这地球上的其他生物一样
When I imagine the first people to live on Mars,
每当我想到第一个在火星上生活的人
what will their relationship be to their mother planet?
他们和地球的关系会变成什么样呢
Will they long for this world,
他们还会想念地球上的一切吗
or will they feel as if they have another home?
或者他们会不会觉得他们有了第二个家
Hey.
嗨
What can I do for you?
我能帮你什么忙
It would mean a lot if you came to the party.
如果你能来参加聚会的话 会对我的意义巨大
It's not just for me, it's for everyone else who is leaving, too.
这不仅仅是为了我 也是为了即将离开的所有人
I won't be able to make it.
我去不了
Alright.
好吧
Will you at least keep this lavender, since you grew it for me?
那你能不能至少把这株薰衣草留下 这是你为我种的
Smell is one of the strongest senses tied to memory...
它的味道会牢牢地留在记忆里
and I need to forget you.
而我需要把你忘掉
Comms, play messages.
通讯信息 播报信息
Message from Sarah Hammel
12时40分来自航♥空♥航♥天♥局
at the Aerospace commission at 12:41.
莎拉·哈默尔的信息
Message from Senator Dylan Beck at 12:49.
12时49分来自参议员迪伦·贝克的信息
Transmission from Commander Hana Seung, at Olympus Town, from 12:55.
12时55分来自奥林巴斯镇哈纳·孙的传输影片
Commander Seung.
孙指挥
Begin transmission.
传输影片
Hey, Leslie.
嗨 莱斯利
I just wanted to reach out to you personally
我只是跟你说说
to share some concerns I have about Lukrum colony.
我个人关于卢克鲁姆那边的一些担忧
They're pulling about 10% more water than they should be.
他们目前比预计多用了百分之十的水
In the next week, it could be 20.
下周可能会多百分之二十
Not to pile on, but they haven't completed any solar mirrors, either.
我不是落井下石 但是他们目前还没有做出太阳能反光镜
I could really use some support from IMSF on this.
我真的需要国火会的帮助了
I look forward to hearing from you.
期待你的来信
Hope you're well.
愿你一切都好
Transmission ended. Recording.
传输完毕 录影
Commander. Whatever's going on there is short-term.
指挥官 不管那边现在发生什么 都是暂时的
And for you to take the Lukrum colony to task
至于你为了一点点水
over something as essential as needing a bit more water,
来责备卢克鲁姆
seems petty at best, and short-sighted at worst.
说得轻一点是你小气 说得难听一点是你没有远见
And one more thing, I recognize you probably
另外 我知道你可能
often speak to Joon about minor details such as this one.
经常和俊谈论这样的细节
But I'm not your sister.
但是 我不是你姐姐
You do your job, and I'll do mine.
你做好你的工作 我也会做好我的
Transmission ended.
传输完毕
What the hell?
什么鬼
For most of our evolutionary history
从我们大部分的进化史来看
nature was so much bigger than us.
大自然要比我们大太多了
We were a small impact on the planet, no matter what we did.
我们只是大千世界里的一粒石子 我们做了什么无关紧要
And we didn't have the technological capacity to do more.
我们也没有技术能力去做更多的事
But we have been improving our technologies at a pretty rapid clip,
但是我们的科技的发展日新月异
generation to generation.
更新迭代
And we have been seeing the natural world as a free source of income.
而且我们一直把大自然看作一个免费的收入资源
Within the last couple of generations,
在过去几代的时间里
we've got the number of people and the technological powers
人口和科技力量异常增长
to wreck the Earth in a way that we never had the power to before.
我们正在以一种之前从未有的方式摧毁地球
An oil well ripped open when a drilling rig blew up.
钻机爆♥炸♥的时候一口油井也发生了破裂
Is that oil in danger now of escaping into the sea?
爆出的油是不是正在往海洋里流淌
Uh, that is correct.
没错
One of the things that pushed the Deepwater Horizon disaster
深水地平线的现在的局面
was pushing time,
就是赶时间
pushing profit.
和利益至上造成的
It led to mistake after mistake after mistake, which led to the completely
它在一个接着一个的错误之后 终于酿成了
剧集 | 火星时代(2016) | 导航列表