剧集 | 火星时代(2016) | 导航列表
If you're going to extract resources on Mars,
如果你想要获得火星上的资源
you're going to work with the best drillers on Earth.
你需要地球上最好的钻机
Drilling in the Arctic is an incredibly risky endeavor.
北极的勘探工作是非常危险的
There are threats from extreme frozen waters, extreme harsh weather.
因为会受到极冷温度和极端天气的影响
A lot of the operations have proven to be empty wells.
事实上 很多勘探结果都是空井
And the consequences just for the companies are enormous.
而这些都对公♥司♥造成了巨大的影响
After pouring $7 billion into its search for oil in the Arctic,
在往北极投入了70亿美元寻找油田之后
Royal Dutch Shell announced today it was calling it quits.
荷兰皇家壳牌公♥司♥宣布放弃
After more than ten years,
在经过十年的苦苦寻觅之后
the oil giant announced it was abandoning the search.
这家石油大亨才宣布放弃寻找
This is a very, very hostile, very remote environment.
这是一个非常不利的 非常遥远的环境
It's really like trying to drill on Mars.
真的就像在火星上钻探一样
The Arctic is by far the hardest place to drill off-shore in the world.
北极地区目前是世界上最难的海上钻探的地区
And it's a very expensive place for companies to operate.
而且对企业来说成本也非常昂贵
You know, you're laying a lot of it out on the line.
企业把太多的宝都押在这上面了
On Mars, the stakes are going to be even higher.
在火星上 风险会更高
There's going to be high drama and high stakes all the time,
火星上的这种环境下
around this kind of development.
不可预测的事情会有很多
Hold it, hold it, hold it... alright drop it off.
抓住 抓住 好了 放掉
Well, that's five kilometers down.
好 已经完成5千米了
20 to go.
还有2万米
Alright, let's get this pipeline done, we need that water, let's move, let's go.
好了 赶紧把管子都架好 我们需要水 赶紧
It was getting over the first rise, cost more time than we thought.
这才完成一点点 花的时间要比我们想象中多很多
We can make up for it here, in the flats.
平地这边我们可以节省一点时间
This is taking way too long.
这耗了太长时间了
Okay, well maybe we can see if our friends at Olympus Town
也许我们可以向我们奥林巴斯镇的朋友求助
will lend us some of their crew.
问问他们是不是可以支援我们一部分人
Yeah, I doubt they'd be much help.
是啊 但是我估计他们不会帮我们
Also, it's not like the manpower that's slowing us down.
而且并不是我们人力不够
It's how hard this ground is.
而是这地面太硬了
What's slowing us down is not being smart about the route.
我们进度这么慢的原因是我们的路线不够明智
If we cut through this area here, we save three days and tons of material.
如果我们可以去掉这个地方 可以提前三天而且节省很多材料
Yes, but I thought that we had to.
是的 但是我觉得我们没有办法
Jen, we just need to connect to Olympus Town and get on with it, okay.
詹 我们联♥系♥下奥林巴斯镇的人再继续吧 好吗
Look, every day we're not drilling
听着 我们一天不钻探
keeps us further from hitting pay dirt.
我们永远挖不倒宝藏
We're here for a reason, unlike our friends over at science camp,
我们来这里是有原因的 不像我们科学营的那些朋友们
it's not to watch the ice caps melt.
我们得主动解决问题
Lukrum's going to have the pipeline here early,
卢克鲁姆公♥司♥很快会把管道放置在这里
is that going to work for us?
会为我们所用吗
We're halfway through load testing now.
我们目前已经完成了一半的负载测试了
So far, so good.
目前为止还不错
So, you don't anticipate any problems?
所以目前没有预测到有任何问题吗
No.
没有
Okay, shut it down. Let's try reactor two.
好了 关掉 我们来试一下2号♥反应堆
Because even if Lukrum's ready sooner,
因为即使卢克鲁姆公♥司♥早点准备好
we should only share resources if it's safe to do so.
只有安全的情况下 我们才能与他们共享资源
I don't want you working any faster than you need to, Javier.
我不希望你那么着急 哈维尔
It's fine. Doesn't bother me.
没事 我没有问题
Okay. So, what is it, then?
好 那你的问题是什么
You seem bothered about something.
你好像有其他心事
You knew.
你知道的
You had to have known.
你肯定早就知道了
Have to approve it, make plans for it, arrange for another doctor
你应该提前同意 提前安排另一个医生
to take her place.
来代替她
I did.
我是知道
And I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
But you have to understand,
但是你要明白
that information was not mine to share with you.
但是这个信息不应该是我来告诉你
Look, I know how it must feel.
听着 我知道你现在的感受
No, don't.
不 你别说了
Amelie is leaving, and it's not like I can chase after her.
艾米莉要走了 我又不能跟她一起走
My body's not prepared to make the trip now.
我的身体还没准备好
And it's three years before another trip is even possible,
而且三年之后才有可能有下一班航♥班♥
and seven months of travel time
最重要的是
on top of that.
还要飞七个月的时间
It's too long, for anyone.
这对所有人来说都太久了
The water system is good to go.
水系统可以运行了
Leslie.
莱斯利
Hello.
你好
I was here early.
我来早了
He was an amazing scientist, and a good man.
他是个了不起的科学家 也是一个好男人
They're all good.
他们都很棒
I know you feel that somehow what happened is a reflection on you.
我知道你会觉得发生的事情对你来说是个警告
It was.
就是啊
It is.
现在仍然是
Paul wouldn't have wanted you to just walk away.
保罗不会希望你就这么离开的
He wouldn't have wanted you to just stop.
他不会希望你就这么停下脚步了
Joon, I can't go back.
俊 我回不去了
I'm not asking you to.
我没有让你回去
Then why am I here?
那你找我来干什么
I pulled some strings.
我做了一些安排
I moved myself up in the queue.
我也在排队了
I intend to travel on the next ship out.
我想坐下次的飞船去
To Mars?
去火星吗
I know it seems impulsive.
我知道这听看上去很冲动
But, if I don't go now, I probably never will.
但是如果我现在不去 可能永远都去不了了
And you can't leave until you've found
在没找到合适人代替你
a suitable replacement for your position as secretary general.
秘♥书♥长♥职务之前你不能走
Why me?
为什么是我
Because you get it, Leslie.
因为你懂 莱斯利
The politics and the science.
懂政♥治♥和科学
And you think I have something to prove?
你觉得我还有东西可以奉献吗
Don't you?
没有吗
Secretary general.
秘♥书♥长♥
Yes?
怎么了
Are you ready?
准备好了吗
I'll be right there.
我马上过去
Let's see how these cultures
让我们看看这些培养物
tolerate dehydration in this sector.
能不能忍♥受这个地方的脱水
1♥1♥4♥.
1♥1♥4♥次
Excuse me?
你说什么
That's how many times we field-tested variations of this same
我来这里已经多地实测过
microbial form since I've been here.
这种微生物的形式变异了
If you think that's a lot, you should hear my number.
如果你觉得1♥1♥4♥次很多的话 你应该听听我测试了多少次了
Probably right.
你说的可能对
Makes me wonder how you've kept from going nuts in this place.
这让我很好奇 你怎么可以在这里待这么久还没疯的
This place, as you call it,
你也说了 这个地方
may have answers to the questions we've been asking for centuries.
可能有数世纪我们在找寻的答案
Where you see a red, dusty planet, I see beauty and possibility.
你看到的是红色尘土飞扬的星球 我看到的是美丽和可能性
I see a world that's new and pure, and alive.
我看到的是一个崭新的 纯洁的 有生机的世界
There isn't just one life form here.
这里肯定不止我们一种生物
There can't be.
肯定不止
We have to keep looking.
我们必须继续寻找
Yeah.
好吧
I hope we find something before funding runs out.
我希望我们可以在资金用完之前有所发现
What's this?
这是什么
Is that one of Lukrum's?
那是卢克鲁姆公♥司♥的人吗
This area is off-limits to them.
这个地方不允许他们进入的
They can't do this.
他们不能这么做
Well, it looks like they are.
但是看起来的确是他们
People will go to Mars to try to make their fortune.
人们去火星赚钱
Yes, they're doing a job for the corporation back home.
是啊 他们回来之后就为那些公♥司♥工作
But they also are creating lives for themselves.
但是他们这样也是为了自己
You go to the frontier because you have a vision
因为你有远见 你为了你自己和家人
for you and your family.
去到了前线
That is not a greedy thing.
这不是贪婪
That is a human impulse to want to do better for your family.
这是为了自己的家庭变得更好的人性冲动
It takes that sort of frontier mentality
在北极做这项工作是需要
to do this work in the Arctic.
那种前沿思维的
剧集 | 火星时代(2016) | 导航列表