剧集 | 火星时代(2016) | 导航列表
and 30 crew, we weren't able to bring that
和30名船员 我们不能再带水过来了
much water along, beyond what we have in our radiation shielding.
那样就会超过我们辐射屏障的承受范围了
You can't be serious.
你不是在开玩笑吧
This should have been pre-negotiated, pre-planned.
这些都应该要提前协商提前计划的
I'm going to have to talk to IMSF leadership before I can authorize it.
在我授权之前我要跟国际火星科学基金会谈一下
You know what, you do that. You run it up the chain.
好啊 你去慢慢谈
I'm going to start laying pipe.
我先去把管道布置起来
If Mars is going to have a thriving human society,
如果要在火星上建立一个繁荣的人类社会
then industry is going to be
工业需要扮演一个
absolutely vital to that effort.
非常重要的角色
But all colonies throughout human history have faced a tension,
但是人类历史上所有的殖民地都面临这紧张的局势
between the development of the new society, and preservation.
就是在新社会的发展和原貌的保护之间的选择
The more you preserve an area untouched,
如果你保护的越多
the less genuine society develops there.
那么社会的真正发展就会越慢
The example I always think of is,
我经常想到的例子就是
there's a straight line from the Industrial Revolution
工业革命和现代之间
to the Modern Age.
有一条线
Without exploiting fossil fuels, we would not have a global society.
如果没有石油的开采就不会有我们现在的全球社会
When you develop a real vibrant society,
当人们在发展一个真正充满活力的社会时
you have the potential for great growth of knowledge,
会获得大量的知识
but you also are destroying some natural resources as you do so.
但是与此同时也会破坏一些自然资源
Certainly, in a scenario
当然 火星的定居的
where you had a Mars settlement that wanted to grow,
方案伴随而来的
you would be faced with tough choices.
是艰难的抉择
Even here on Earth,
即使在地球上
we often have disputes over how industry should be allowed to carry out
我们也经常在如何发展工业上
their business.
发生争执
On Mars, those tensions are absolutely exponentially bigger.
在火星上 这些紧张的局势只会更加严重
And so, it's going to be really, really hard to say, yeah, of course,
所以 很抱歉 当然
build some sort of industrial site here.
在火星建一些工业区该多难
They've had their sights set on Mars for a long time.
他们已经盯着火星很长时间了
Getting regulatory approvals wasn't a problem for them.
获得监管部门的同意对他们来说并不是问题
They have international clout.
因为他们有国际影响力
But more than that, they have money.
但是更重要的是 他们有钱
Lots of it.
很多钱
And it allowed them to put together
这就使得他们有能力建立一个
an impressive team of engineers to plan a mission of their own.
有很多非常出色的工程师的自己的队伍
That's my point.
我就是这么想的
The lack of planning.
没有计划
Water is everything here.
在这里 水就是一切
We need it to live, we need it for fuel.
我们需要水活下去 我们需要水做燃料
How could they come here without enough?
他们怎么可以没有准备充分就来了呢
Because they knew we couldn't say no in helping provide it.
因为他们知道我们不能拒绝他们的要求
What Lukrum Industries really wants
卢克鲁姆公♥司♥真正的目的是
is to back-door IMSF into some sort of partnership.
想要让国际火星科学基金会成为他们的合作伙伴
Why?
为什么
To gain credibility for this so-called infrastructure mission.
以此获得这个所谓的基础设施任务的可信度
Even though there's no one here to provide it for?
即使这里没有人证明吗
This is just their way of monetizing Mars.
这只是他们用火星捞钱的方式
This is one of those times I wish you were still secretary general.
现在我就特别希望你还是秘♥书♥长♥
Has legal counsel arrived yet?
法律顾问到了吗
What Lukrum's trying to pull off needs to be dealt with immediately.
卢克鲁姆公♥司♥捣的鬼需要立刻处理
No, but their CEO's here.
还没到 但是他们的首席执行官来了
Mind if I come in?
我能进来吗
Thank you.
谢谢
I apologize for not having arranged to meet sooner.
抱歉我来之前没有安排预约
I think it's a holdover from my never feeling
我感觉自从俊·孙成为
quite welcome here at IMSF when Joon Seung was
国际火星科学基金会的秘♥书♥长♥以来
secretary general.
我就没有被欢迎过
I'm already more at ease with you.
跟你交流我自在多了
What your company's trying to do
你的公♥司♥借人道主义之由
by demanding water for humanitarian reasons is a
要求提供给他们水 实在是对
gross manipulation of the outer space treaty.
外太空条约不厚道的引用
That should have been my first apology.
这是我想说对不起的第一点
The wrong impression was given.
给你们留下来不好的印象
Our mining crews are a little rough around the edges.
我们的矿工有点粗鲁
They're not exactly the science types
他们不是奥林巴斯镇的科学家们
those in Olympus Town are used to dealing with, so.
能应付得了的 所以
And now, I owe you a third apology.
所以现在 我欠你第三句对不起
Oh, yeah, for a moment, I'd forgotten you have that background as well.
哦对 一时间我都忘了你有这个背景
It's an interesting choice, shifting from scientist to bureaucrat.
这是个有趣的选择 从一个科学家变为官僚主义
My core values are still the same, advancing the mission of IMSF.
我的目标还是没变 就是推进国际火星科学基金会的使命
That's why the need for infrastructure can't be overlooked.
这也是基础设施的需求不应该被忽视的原因
Well, it seems Lukrum did just that,
是吗 卢克鲁姆公♥司♥刚给我上了一课呢
by sending employees up there without enough water.
不准备好充分的水就让雇员上火星
Look, I'm not going to deny knowing that we could count on you.
听着 我不会否认我知道我们能依赖你们
But that was never anything less than a quid pro quo, as far as I'm concerned.
但是在我看来这绝对不是没有回报的事情
I do know that since the loss of MMC support.
我知道自从失去MMC的支持以后
We're not interested in bringing
我们没有兴趣把卢克鲁姆公♥司♥带入
Lukrum Industries into the IMSF circle.
国际火星科学基金会圈子
You know, I understand that's been the mentality here.
你知道 我明白这就是心态上的原因了
But you've taken on the mantle of secretary general at a difficult time.
但是你在这个困难时期当上了秘♥书♥长♥
Terraforming, particularly at this pace,
进行改造 按照这个速度
won't show progress for quite some time, if at all.
暂时也不会有进展
And even your award-winning scientist
而且你们的一流科学家们
has yet to find anything new, for years now.
这么多年还没有发现任何新的东西
What are you suggesting, exactly?
你到底想说什么
That IMSF is dangerously close to becoming irrelevant,
国际火星科学基金会在你的看守下
on your watch.
越来越无关紧要
And you should ask yourself
你应该问问自己
if you want a second failure as part of your legacy.
是不是还想第二次的失败
So, what happens next?
所以接下来怎么办
Building the link isn't an issue.
建立连接并不是问题
We can do that, and I'd like to,
我可以可以做到 我也想建立连接
but a lot's needed to make it happen quickly,
但是有很多事情需要马上搞定
at least on my end.
至少我这边是这样
Hopefully we won't need to do anything at all.
希望我们不用费什么劲
This is game-playing, and IMSF knows it.
这就是一场游戏 国际火星科学基金会知道
Just waiting on an official note from the secretary general.
我们现在就是要等秘♥书♥长♥的官方通知了
I'd be happy to deliver that message for you.
我很乐意帮你捎信
I don't trust that company or those people one bit.
我一点也不信任那家公♥司♥以及那帮人
We don't need to make enemies,
我们不需要树敌
but we don't need to be handcuffed to anyone either.
但是我们也不需要被人牵着鼻子走
I love you.
我爱你
You know that, right?
你知道的 对不对
I know.
我知道
I could have never lasted here this long without you.
没有你我在这里坚持不了这么久的
Too many years now, right?
太多年了 对不对
Maybe we should do something about that.
也许我们该做点什么了
Maybe we should.
也许吧
I'm going home.
我要回家
What?
什么
I'm leaving on the next flight to Earth.
我会在下次航♥班♥回到地球
I'm sorry.
对不起
I'm so sorry.
真的对不起
Comms.
通讯科
I need to conference all member-nation representatives right away.
立刻召集所有成员国代表
Conference call request sent.
召唤已发出
Alright, let's hear what she has to say.
好的 让我们听听她怎么讲
Mae, play message.
小美 播放信息
After much discussion, IMSF has struck a deal with Lukrum Industries.
经讨论 国际火星科学基金会已经与卢克鲁姆公♥司♥达成协议
You're kidding.
你开玩笑呢吧
They've agreed to increase our terraforming efforts,
他们同意增加我们地球化的努力
and will begin manufacturing solar mirrors on Mars, which we will launch,
并且会在火星开始生产太阳能反光镜 给我们发射
and the Chinese space station team will attach.
中国太空站团队也会加入
So, for the time being, give the miners what they want.
所以目前 请答应矿工的要求
Transmission ended.
传输结束
Any resource extraction is high-stakes, even here on the Earth.
任何资源的获取都是高风险的 即使是在地球上
It costs millions, tens of millions,
这将耗费数百万 数千万 数亿
hundreds of millions to prove up a resource.
来勘探资源
剧集 | 火星时代(2016) | 导航列表