剧集 | 投行风云(2020) | 导航列表
a short-term policy driven by a need to win elections.
当今世界上最成功的中♥央♥政♥府♥
The most successful central government in the world today
以绝对君主制运作 却自称共♥产♥主义
functions as an absolute monarchy, and for that, calls itself communism.
好了 莫里茨
Okay, Moritz.
这可不是什么引人入胜的晚餐话题
This isn't very riveting dinner conversation.
约翰娜 请坐 我们不能让你伺候我们
Johanna, please sit down. We can't have you wait on us.
请 这是我的荣幸
Please. It's an absolute privilege.
我读过你的Substack文章
I read your Substack.
过奖了 是的
I'm flattered. Yeah.
碎片化与原子化的加速
Fragmentation and the acceleration of atomization,
正在毁灭我们这个物种
it is killing us as a species.
看看美国任何一家成功的公♥司♥
Take any successful corporation in America.
它们不是集体主义企业 它们是独♥裁♥统治
They're not a collectivist enterprise, they're dictatorships.
那为什么富士康和许多工业园区需要
Then why do Foxconn and many industrial parks need
防自杀网
worker-suicide nets?
我只是说它们不是民♥主♥政体
All I'm saying is that they are not democracies.
可悲...
Sad...
我们总得搁浅在政♥治♥的礁石上
that we must always wash up on the reef of politics.
我完全同意
I couldn't agree more.
那么 祝用餐愉快
So, bon appétit.
谢谢
Thank you.
不过 对我来说 我的政♥治♥和我的事业
Although, for me, my politics and my business,
在它仍然属于我的范围内 是一体的
to the extent to which it still is mine, are one and the same.
一些人眼中的保护主义 孤立主义
What some see as protectionism, isolationism,
在我看来是对传统的尊重
I see as respect for tradition.
伊本·鲍尔是一个有300年历史的机构
IBN Bauer is a 300-year-old institution.
我担心这次合并对我们客户的隐私构成威胁
I'm concerned this merger represents a threat to our customers' privacy.
我确实知道现代金融科技公♥司♥
I do know how fast and loose modern fintech companies
如何随意对待客户数据
play with their customers' data.
莫里茨...
Moritz...
这次合并 代表着双方的增长
this merger, it represents growth for both parties.
我们尊重过去
We respect the past,
但我们将把伊本·鲍尔拖入未来
but we will drag IBN Bauer into the future.
我正在与朱利安·伍尔施莱格等董事会成员沟通
I'm speaking to Julian Wullschläger and others on the board
以确保这次合并受到其应得的全面审查
to ensure that this merger receives the full scrutiny it deserves,
即使这意味着重新接触奥地利监管机构
even if that means re-engaging the Austrian regulator
讨论数据保护问题
around data protection.
火车已经离站了
Train's left the station.
你以为因为我人微言轻
You thought because I am a small individual voice,
你们的资本重量就能埋葬我
the weight of your capital would bury me?
你投票赞成了这个 并且会得到非常丰厚的补偿
You voted for this, and you'll be compensated incredibly well.
总是钱
It's always money,
哈尔伯施特拉姆先生 莫里茨 别说了
Mr. HalberSchtram? Moritz, it's enough said.
我从没想让你难堪 我知道 亲爱的
I never mean to embarrass you. I know, Schatz.
我们只需要实际一点 顺着他
We just have to be practical and just humor him.
有实际 也有屈从
There's practicality, and then there's acquiescing
于某个微不足道的暴君
to some tinpot tyrant.
好吧 他是个有点知识分子的伪君子
Fine, he's a bit of an intellectual pseud.
不 不 不 他是个他妈的法♥西♥斯♥
No, no, no, he's a fucking fascist.
我们是他的客人 你想他妈当面揭穿他
We're his guests! You want to fucking call him out
在他妈妈面前吗
in front of his mum?
那几乎不加掩饰的反犹主义呢
What about that thinly-veiled antiSemitism?
那不是那个意思 得了吧
That's not what that was, come on.
惠特尼 对于一个姓哈纳尼的人来说
Whitney. For someone whose last name is Hanani,
你似乎相当放松 我们需要尽早飞走
you seem pretty relaxed. We need to fly out as early as possible.
但现在已经是个现实问题了 我不认为
But this is now a live issue. I don't think it's a very bright idea
抛弃问题 指望最好结果是什么好主意
to just abandon the problem and hope for the best.
是啊 但我们不能对监管机构爽约
Yeah, but we can't no-show with the regulator.
我们必须一早就飞走 好吧 我留下 我坚持
We have to fly out first thing. Okay, I'm staying. I insist.
你娶到如此务实的妻子真是幸运
You're lucky your wife is such a pragmatist.
嘿 抱歉 抱歉 抱歉 抱歉 抱歉
Hey. Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry.
我他妈在这坐了十五分钟了
I've been sitting here for 15 fucking minutes.
老兄 靠 整个文明都能在十五分钟内兴衰
Bro. Fuck. Whole civilizations have risen and fallen in 15 minutes.
嘿 嘿 我开玩笑的
Hey, hey! I was joking.
搞什么 我正在努力创业
What the fuck? I'm trying to build a business.
我没有十五分钟 所以我打算站在这的两分钟里
I don't have 15 minutes. So for the two I plan to stand right here,
不如告诉你我和别人上♥床♥了
I might as well tell you that I fucked somebody else.
好吧
Okay.
好吧 你不在乎 什么 就刚才这十五分钟里
Okay, you don't care? What, in the last 15 minutes?
提醒我别再迟到
Remind me never to be late again.
在我迟到之前你就打算说这个吗
Were you gonna say that before I was late?
这是真的吗
Is it even true?
你没有和别人上♥床♥吗
Are you not sleeping with other people?
没有
No.
据我所知没有
Not as far as I'm aware.
好吧 那你想暂时搁置这事吗
Okay. Do you want to put a pin in this, then?
我只以为我们是在交往
I just thought we were hanging out.
但你喜欢我吗
But you like me?
你让人很难喜欢你
You make it pretty fucking hard.
但是的 如果你允许的话
But yeah, if you'll let me.
不过你有点太守时了 这是我... 我唯一的意见
You're a tiny bit too punctual, though. It's my... it's my only note.
要准时
Be on time.
我为了和你在一起辞了工作
I have a job that I left to be with you.
是啊 所以别说了 天啊 我们来这都是为了生物动力清酒
Yeah, so leave it there. God, we both came here for biodynamic sake
也许还有互相口♥交♥
and maybe some mutual fellatio.
有时试着把教会和国家分开吧
Try separating church and state sometimes.
这很简单 是啊 去他的
It's easy. Yeah, fuck this.
实际上我来是为了给你一份工作 真的吗
I actually came to offer you a job. Really?
也许这种关系通过邮件维系更好
Maybe this relationship is done better over email.
哈珀
Harper.
是什么让你如此幽默感尽失
What's prompted this enormous sense of humor failure?
哈珀
Harper?
怎么样
How was it?
希望这意味着不错
I hope that means good.
你介意我穿得这么随意吗
You mind me being this casually dressed?
别他妈这么古怪
Don't be so fucking weird.
恐怕是刻在骨子里的
Hard-coded, I'm afraid.
礼物准备得怎么样
You good on presents?
十四岁的女孩喜欢什么
What are 14-year-old girls into?
我他妈怎么知道
How the fuck should I know?
你应该知道你女儿的喜好
You should know what your daughters like and dislike.
我跟进了其他家族办公室
I followed up with the rest of the family offices.
说实话 我不得不追着问
In truth, I had to chase.
有几个人瞪大了眼睛
A few eyes were on stalks
当你暗示腾德并非蓝筹安全港时
at you suggesting Tender was anything but a blue-chip safe haven.
我提腾德是为了尖刻和有争议性
I dropped Tender to be spiky and controversial
在一个我认为进展不顺的会议上
in a meeting that I thought was headed south.
这需要劳动 汗水 翻石头 以及他妈的时间
It's gonna take labor and sweat, and turning stones, and fucking time.
我有很多时间 如果这就是你能给我的全部
I have plenty of time. If that's all you've got to offer me,
我想我们应该重新评估这里发生的事
I think we should reevaluate what's going on here.
你为什么对我这么尖锐
Why are you being so sharp with me?
因为这他妈不是消遣游戏
Because this is not some recreational fucking game
也不是你退休生活的无聊延伸
or some lame extension of your retirement,
不是你四处游荡试图重建生活
while you're floating around trying to rehab your life,
或者 我不知道 扮演你一生都在忽视的角色
or, I don't know, cosplaying the roles that you have spent your life ignoring.
我他妈什么时候说过我想让它变成消遣
When the fuck did I ever say I wanted it to be recreational?
如果你不想让我女儿出现在我们的工作空间
If you don't want my daughter in our workspace
我他妈什么时候说过
When the fuck did I say that?
你似乎有点被触发了 仅此而已 触 抱歉 触发
You seem a little triggered is all. Tri Sorry, triggered?
谁他妈会用那个词 说真的
Who the fuck uses that word, seriously?
你在开玩笑吗 人们他妈的说的那些话
Are you kidding me? Shit that people fucking say,
我的创伤让我更强大 不 不 我的创伤创伤了我
"My trauma made me stronger." No, no! My trauma traumatized me.
它让我他妈的变得脆弱
And it made me fucking weak.
我不得不处理那些并非我过错造成的后果
And I have had to deal with consequences that were not my fault.
这与我正在做的事毫无关系
And it has nothing to do with what I am doing right now!
你知道我为什么做这个吗
Do you know why I do this?
因为我喜欢 而且我他妈擅长
Because I enjoy it, and I'm fucking good at it!
它始于工作 终于工作 以及被证明他妈的正确
It starts and ends with work and being proven fucking right.
这对我事关生死
This is life or death for me.
你以前也这样
You used to act like it too.
听起来你有点被触发了
剧集 | 投行风云(2020) | 导航列表