Kids, the early bloom of a romance is a wonderful thing.
孩子们 恋爱之花在绽放之初是那样美好
You meet someone,
你遇见某人
you have a connection,
你们建立起感情
and that person becomes sheer perfection in your eyes.
那人在你眼中变得完美无缺
You just can't find anything wrong with them.
你没办法从对方身上找到哪怕一丁点毛病
You can't wait to tell the world about it.
你迫不及待地要向全世界宣布这段关系
She convinced you to go jogging?
她居然还说服你去慢跑了
Wow, you really want to get in this girl's pants.
哇哦 看来你真的很想把她上了
I'm telling you, you guys are gonna love her.
我跟你们说 你们会喜欢上她的
Lily, she knows all about art.
莉莉 她了解艺术的方方面面
Marshall, she's open to the existence of UFOs.
马修 她接受UFO的存在
Barney, she's hot.
巴尼 她很性感
Robin, she's not hotter than you.
罗宾 她没你那么性感
Like her already. How not hotter?
已经喜欢她了 怎么个没我性感法
So we all went out to dinner,
然后 我们几个一起去吃晚餐
and I couldn't wait to see if
而我迫不及待地想要知道
my friends were as crazy about Cathy as I was.
朋友们是否如我一般对凯茜着迷
So, what's everyone getting?
好 大家都想点些什么呀
Well, I can't decide.
这个 好难决定啊
Which sounds better, chicken or lasagna?
哪种更好一点啊 鸡肉还是千层面
Lasagna. Just get the lasagna!
千层面 就点千层面
Oh. You guys just got a new place.
对了 听说你们俩刚买♥♥了套新房♥子
How many bedrooms is it?
里边几间卧室啊
Two. It's two bedrooms!
两间 就两间卧室
Okay!
好吧
Let's hear it.
说来听听
What's wrong with Cathy?
凯茜到底是哪点让你们看不惯了
Are you kidding me, Ted?
你开什么玩笑 泰德
She's got a... wait.
她... 等等
You don't notice it?
你没注意到吗
Notice what?
注意到什么
Oh, he doesn't see it.
噢 他没发现
If we point it out, we're gonna ruin her for him.
要是我们指出来 肯定会毁了她在他心中的完美形象了
As his friends, we'll just keep him in the dark.
作为朋友 我们就让他继续蒙在鼓里好了
You're right.
你说的没错
She's great, man.
她好极了 兄弟
She's a keeper. Just...
她值得你留住 只是...
keep her somewhere else.
把她留在别的地方吧
Marshall, what is everyone's problem with Cathy?
马修 大家对凯茜到底有什么意见
Oh, she's a total nightmare, Ted,
哦 她完全就是噩梦 泰德
but can we talk about this later?
不过 这事我们晚点再讨论行不
I'm a minute away from
还有一分钟
finding out if I'm gonna be a lawyer or not.
我就会知道自己能否成为一名律师了
You see, kids, during the summer,
是这样 孩子们 那年夏天
Marshall had taken the New York Bar exam.
马修参加了纽约律师资格考试
His years of school, his countless hours of study,
他多年以来的求学生涯 难以估量的刻苦学习
had finally culminated in this grueling, two-day ordeal.
将在这为期两天的惨绝人寰的痛苦折磨中迎来最后的高♥潮♥
And...
现在...
begin.
开始
The pressure of it was enormous.
考试的压力极其巨大
Every year, people taking the bar simply cracked.
年年都有考生当场精神崩溃
No!
不
No!
不
No!
不
No!
不
But Marshall had made it through.
但马修挺了过来
And...
时间
time.
结束
Time's up.
时间到了
Right.
嗯
Time.
到点了
Sir. I know.
先生 我知道
Your time is... I know it is.
你的时间已经... 我知道这一点
Give me...!
拿来吧
Now, months later,
如今 几个月过去了
the results of that exam were scheduled to post online at 10:00,
考试的成绩按计划将于十点在网上公布
and it was 9:59.
而现在是九点五十九分
Damn, they're not up yet.
该死的 成绩还没出来
Oh, don't worry, baby. I'm sure you rocked it.
噢 别担心宝贝 你肯定完美通过的
I mean, how many people fail the bar?
我是说 能有多少人被刷掉啊
Half.
一半
Oh, my God, half?
噢天哪 一半啊
Only half the people pass?
就只有一半的人能通过
I mean, half the people pass.
我说 能有一半人能通过呢
That's fantastic.
那太棒了
Go, Marshall.
看好你哟 马修
Oh, hey, can I jump on there?
我能先用一下电脑吗
I want to show you something awesome. What?
给你看样好东西 什么
No. Bar results. My future.
不 律师考试成绩 那关乎我的前途
Trust me. You need to see this.
相信我 你会需要看它的
What is so important that I need to see it right now?
到底什么东西这么重要 非要我现在看
It's a video of a dog pooping on a baby.
一段小狗在婴儿身上拉屎的视频
How do I need to see that?
我怎么就需要看这个呢
Why would I want to see that?
我为什么会想看这个呢
In what possible way
究竟是在何种可能下
could subjecting my eyes and my brain...
用这种那么恶心的东西来污染
to something that disgusting enrich my life?
眼睛和大脑会充实我的生活呢
It's a dog pooping on a baby.
这可是一只小狗在婴儿身上拉屎啊
Get away from my computer.
离我电脑远点
Okay, just do a quick Google search for "Caca spaniel. "
好吧 就快速搜下"caca spaniel"
The results are in.
成绩出来啦
Whoo. What's it say?
啊 怎么说
"Input password. "
输入密♥码♥
oh, Input the password.
快输入密♥码♥啊
It's okay. They assigned it to me when I took the test.
没事的 考试的时候他们就把密♥码♥给我了
It's gotta be around here somewhere.
应该就在这附近什么地方
Here. Here-here-here.
这里 就在这里
Jelly beans, fluffernutter, Gummi Bears, ginger snaps...
豆豆软糖 果酱面包 小熊软糖 姜汁饼干
This is a grocery list.
这是张购物清单
For who? A witch building a house in the forest?
谁的呀 在森林里造糖果屋的坏巫婆吗
Sugar helps me study.
糖有助于我学习
This is like the shopping a ten-year-old does
这像一个十岁小孩在周末
when his parents leave him alone for the weekend.
被他爸妈丢家里时会买♥♥的东西
What parent leaves a ten-year-old alone for the weekend?
什么样的父母会在周末把十岁孩子单独留在家啊
And your mom was perfect.
你妈妈真是尽职尽责啊
I can't find my password!
我的密♥码♥找不到了
Okay, just can't you let 'em know that you lost it
好啦 就不能直接告诉他们你把密♥码♥丢了
and they'll e-mail it to you or something?
然后让他们发邮件来告诉你什么的吗
No! They won't let me do that.
不行 他们不会让我这么做的
I'm gonna have to wait till the results come in the regular mail.
我必须得等到考试结果以信件形式寄过来
That could be weeks from now, if ever!
那得等到几周以后了 如果真能送到的话
Our mail carrier hates me...
我们楼那送信的特别讨厌我
ever since I asked her when the baby was due.
自从我上次问了她的宝宝预产期在什么时候
She wasn't pregnant?
她没怀孕吗
No, he was not.
嗯哪 他确实没怀孕
Ooh.
哦
Okay, well, that's a drag
好吧 这是有点折磨人哈
but the results will come eventually.
但考试结果终究还是会来的
Just try to keep it off your mind until then.
在那之前你尽量别想它就是了
Hey, Brad.
好啊 布莱德
Oh, congratulations, man.
哦 恭喜你了 兄弟
I'm, uh...
我 呃
I'm not sure yet.
我还不知道呢
I lost my password.
我把密♥码♥弄丢了
That's great, Cara.
那真是太棒了 卡拉
I don't know yet. I lost my password.
我还不知道呢 我把密♥码♥弄丢了
I don't know how I lost it!
我也不知道我是怎么弄丢的啊
This stuff happens!
事情就这么发生了
Oh. Ohh! You're one to talk.
嚯 你还真有脸说啊
You misplace stuff all the time.
你总是把东西乱放一气
剧集 | 老爸老妈的浪漫史(2005) | 导航列表