Every architect can point
每个建筑师都可以指出
to that one design that changed their career.
一件改变他们职业生涯的设计
For me, it was around the time of my 31st birthday.
对于我来说 那是发生在我31岁生日左右的事
It wasn't a museum or a concert hall or a skyscraper.
它不是博物馆 也不是音乐厅 更不是摩天楼
It was something else.
而是另一种建筑
We're opening a restaurant called Rib Town,
我们打算开一家叫"排骨小镇"的饭馆
and we want it to be shaped...
而且希望它的形状...
Like a cowboy hat.
像一顶牛仔帽
Look, I need the work. I don't have any other options.
听着 我需要这份工作 我别无选择啊
Well, there's always that teaching job.
不是还可以去当教授嘛
Yeah, I didn't work this hard
哼 我拼了这么久才不是为了
to be stuck in some crappy, dead-end teaching job.
去当什么蹩脚又没前途的教授呢
No offense, Lily. I got peed on three times today.
无意冒犯 莉莉 我今天被尿淋了三次
No arguments here.
对你毫无异议
I just gotta nail this hat building,
我必须拿下这间牛仔帽饭馆
so I'll see you all in three days.
三天后我再来找你们
For the next three days, I worked harder
接下来的三天里 我很努力
than I'd ever worked in my life.
几乎是在用生命来工作
And I got nowhere.
但却毫无进展
Hey, Ted, what're you doing?
嘿 泰德 你在干嘛呢
Designing a building shaped like a hat.
设计一栋长得像帽子的建筑
Now a good time to chat? No.
这么说没空和我聊聊喽 没
So, what do you think of Robin?
你觉得罗宾怎么样
Barney, I really need to get to work, so...
巴尼 我真的需要专心工作 所以...
Great. Say you and I went suit-shopping,
好吧 假设我们俩一起去买♥♥西装
and you happened upon a beautiful suit,
你看上了一套很精美的西装
a beautiful Canadian suit.
很精美的 加拿大产的西装
Double-breasted.
双排扣的
You try it on, but it's not exactly the right fit for you.
你试了试 但这件对你来说并不是那么合身
So, you put it back. Then I try it on.
于是你把它放回去了 然后我试了下
I don't really want to take the same suit that
我不想买♥♥你也看上的
you had your eye on, but at the same time,
同一套西装 但是呢
I really like that suit.
我又真的很喜欢
Buy the suit, Barney. You clearly care about it.
买♥♥下它吧 巴尼 你显然很在乎它
Tell the suit how you feel. Okay.
告诉这套西装你的真实感受吧 好的
But, Ted, remember that that was your answer because...
但是泰德啊 记住这可是你自己说的啊 因为...
The suit is Robin.
这套西装指的是罗宾
I know!
我知道
Right?
是吧
I'm with you, buddy. You are now.
我支持你 兄弟 你现在当然支持啦
Because I explained it to you. What are you...
因为我向你解释了嘛 你想干嘛...
Come on, dude, you've
别这样啊 伙计
been at this for three days without a break.
你已经不眠不休地干了三天啦
Now, it's your birthday.
今天是你的生日啊
Come up to the roof and have a beer with me.
跟我上屋顶去喝杯啤酒吧
No can do. Presentation is tomorrow.
做不到 明天就得展示设计了
Hat buildings don't design themselves.
帽子饭馆可不会自己把自己设计出来
It's a rib joint for fat tourists.
这是为肥胖旅客设计的排骨饭馆
Just make sure the doors are wide and the chairs are reinforced.
只有保证门够宽 椅子够结实就行啦
Now, birthday beer on the roof. Let's go!
好 现在是屋顶啤酒庆生时间 走吧
Why do you want me to come up to the roof so bad?
你为什么那么想让我到屋顶上去啊
What,are you throwing me a surprise party?
怎么 你给我准备了一个惊喜派对吗
What? Come on.
怎么可能啊 拜托
Ted, we threw you a surprise party last year, okay?
泰德 我们去年已经给你弄了一个惊喜派对了好吗
You don't get two surprise parties in a row.
谁会连着两年都弄惊喜派对啊
The fact that anyone showed
大家肯赏脸参加你的第一个派对
up to the first one was surprise enough.
就已经够惊喜了吧
Right? Two surprise parties in a row! That is rich!
对吧 连续两年都弄惊喜派对 想得太美了
That is rich!
想得太美了
Classic! Classic...
太经典了 太经典了
He still won't come up.
他还是不肯上来
Come on. What the crap?
够了 搞什么东西呢
I knew having a second surprise party was a bad idea.
我就说再办一次惊喜派对是个馊主意
Yes, Robin, I know. This party is... It's a disaster.
是的 罗宾 我知道了 这派对真是...真是一场灾难
It was my idea. I take responsibility.
这是我的主意 我会负责的
And there's really only one thing to do about it.
现在只有一件事可以来弥补了
Oh, Marshall, no. Lily, I have to do this!
哦 马修 别 莉莉 我必须要做
There's no point in putting it off any longer.
什么都已经无法阻止了
I should explain. You see, a few years earlier...
我应该先解释下的 几年前...
No.
不
Uh-uh. Forget it. This is so not pimped out.
不要 算了吧 这玩意一点也不拉风
If anything, this is pimped in.
非要说的话 这玩意逊毙了
You know who knows how to live? Those people.
你们知道谁真正懂生活吗 那些人
Ah. The rooftop patio one building over from ours.
啊 我们对面楼的空中庭院
Across the chasm just six or seven feet awaited a landscaped paradise.
六七英尺的距离就有如同天堂般的景色在等待着
And best of all...
其中最美好的是
That looks to be one hot tub.
那个好像是一个户外按♥摩♥浴缸
Great. How do we get over there? What are we gonna do? Jump?
挺好 那咱们怎么过去呢 我们能怎样呢 难道跳过去吗
I can jump that far.
我可以跳那么远的
Marshall, lately it takes you two tries to get off the sofa.
马修 刚刚你还得使两次劲才能从沙发上起来呢
You can't jump that far.
你跳不了那么远的
Oh, really? Really.
噢 真的吗 真的
Watch me.
看我的
But he didn't jump.
但是他没有跳
This actually is kind of nice. Right? Right?
这感觉其实也很不错 对吧 对吧
Okay. Okay.
好吧 好吧
And in the years that followed, he kept almost jumping.
接下来的几年中 他总是差点就跳了
Okay.
好了
Okay!
好嘞
But each time, without fail...
但是每一次 都一定会...
Okay. Here we go.
好了 预备跳
...he didn't jump.
没能跳出去
But don't worry. 'Cause if I can make this jump tonight,
但是不要担心 如果我今晚可以跳过去
it's totally gonna save the party.
绝对会拯救这个派对的
Honey, please get down from there. Lily!
宝贝 赶紧从那里下来吧 莉莉
When Evel Knievel sat astride his star-spangled rocket
当伊沃•克尼维尔跨在他那星光灿烂的火箭上
on the rim of Snake River Canyon,
在斯内克河峡谷边上时
do you think his wife said, "Honey, get down from there"?
你觉得他的妻子会说 宝贝 从那里下来吧
For the last time, I am not Linda Knievel!
最后一次告诉你 我不是琳达•克尼维尔
I will never be Linda Knievel!
我永远也不会是琳达•克尼维尔
You don't need to remind me.
你不需要提醒我这个
Marshall, please, don't do this. Please, don't jump.
马修 求你别了 别跳
I'm sorry, Lily, but I gotta do this.
我很抱歉 莉莉 但是我必须得跳
You can't do this. Why?
你不能跳 为什么
You want a reason? I'll give you a reason.
你想要一个理由吗 我给你一个理由
I'm pregnant.
我怀孕了
Oh, my God! Oh, my God, really?
噢 天啊 真的吗
Lily, I mean, I noticed that you gained some weight lately, but I didn't...
莉莉 我注意到你最近是有点发胖 但我...
I was lying, you jerk!
我骗你的 你个混♥蛋♥
Oh, go ahead and jump. I hope you die!
噢 赶紧跳吧 摔死了最好
That's all the permission I need.
我就把这个当同意了
Listen, Robin.
听着 罗宾
There's something I have to tell you. But wait.
我有些话想跟你说 先等下
Before you do, I have to tell you something first.
在你说之前 我有些话想先跟你说
What is it? I think I'm in love with you.
什么 我觉得我好像爱上你了
It's Ted. Everybody, shh! Shh! Shh!
这是泰德 大家 嘘 嘘
Hey, Ted, what's up? It's here, Lily.
嘿 泰德 怎么样 它在这里 莉莉
It's looking at me.
它正在看着我
What is? The goat.
什么 山羊
Now, I've told you some of the story of the goat already.
我已经告诉过你们关于山羊的故事了
How Aunt Lily invited a local farmer to come talk to her class,
莉莉阿姨如何邀请了当地的农夫到她的班里演讲
and how he brought a goat,
告诉大家他如何把山羊带来的
and how he told the whole class
然后还告诉了整个班级
what he was gonna do to the goat later that day.
他之后会对山羊做什么
And how Aunt Lily, in a fit of mercy,
然后莉莉阿姨在突发的仁慈之下
bought the goat off the guy in order to commute its sentence.
从那个人手中买♥♥下了山羊让它免遭杀害
Lily, something amazing has happened.
莉莉 神奇的事情发生了
I was talking to Robin, I was all set to tell her how I feel,
我刚才正在跟罗宾说话 我正准备把心里想的都告诉她
but before I could, you'll never believe what she said.
但是在我说之前 你绝对不会相信她说了什么
I think I'm in love with you.
我觉得我好像爱上你了
剧集 | 老爸老妈的浪漫史(2005) | 导航列表