Kids, in our sophomore year of college,
孩子们 我们大二那年
when Aunt Lily came back from spring break,
莉莉阿姨寒假过后返校
Uncle Marshall surprised her at the airport.
马修叔叔特意在机场给她一个惊喜
And she surprised him with a six-pack of locally brewed beer.
而她也带了当地自酿的六瓶装啤酒让他又惊又喜
Fort Lager-Dale! Get it?
藏酒岱堡 懂了吗
And with that, a ritual was born.
从那时起 一个惯例应运而生
For the next 11 years,
在接下来的11年里
whenever either of them would fly anywhere...
无论他们谁飞去何方
Minne-Cider! Get it?
明尼果酒 懂了吗
...the reunion was always commemorated with a chauffeur sign
无论他们谁去了哪里 总是以一块接人名牌
and a six-pack from wherever they'd been.
和一盒六瓶装来庆祝他们的重聚
Aspen Yards Ale! Get it?
阿斯班麦芽酒 懂了吗
Actually, no. Me, neither. I was hoping you would.
实际上 没什么感觉 我也没有 我还指望你会懂呢
But then, one night in January of 2009, the unthinkable happened.
可是直到 2009年一月的一个晚上 让人意想不到的事发生了
I'm not picking her up. What?
我不去接她了 什么
Lily doesn't want me taking a cab all the way to the airport
莉莉不想让我费劲地打车去机场接她
just to take a cab all the way back, you know?
然后我们又费劲地打个车回来 你知道吗
But the six-pack thing.
可是那六瓶装的惯例呢
Ted, that stuff was fun when we were younger,
泰德 那种事我们年轻的时候玩玩还行
but we've grown past that. As we mature,
可我们早就过了那种年龄了 当我们逐渐成熟
the relationship matures with us.
我们的爱情也随之成熟了
But, I mean, you guys are such an inspiration to the rest of us,
我是说 你们的爱一直在鼓舞着我们
how you're so devoted and connected.
你们的爱那么投入 那么缠绵
I look at you guys, and that's all I want in the whole world.
我每每看到你们 就觉得这就是我想要的一切了
Ted, there's two college girls outside, and they look easy!
泰德 外面有两个女大学生 看起来很容易上手哦
So, Arizona...
哎呀 亚利桑那州啊
You know, I've always wanted to
你们知道吗 我一直都很想
see what an Arizona driver's license looks like.
看看亚利桑那州的驾照是啥样的
I already ran that play, bro. They're 21. We're good.
这把戏我已经用过了 兄弟 她们已经21了 不用紧张
Thank God. So, what brings you guys to town?
谢天谢地 那么你们怎么会来这里呀
Our band's got a gig.
我们乐队来这有场小演出
You're in a band? Hey, maybe we can come see you play.
你俩是乐队的呀 嘿 没准我们可以去看你们演出哦
Excuse us for a sec.
对不起 失陪一下
Ted, what the hell is the matter with you?
泰德 你是怎么回事啊
We're not gonna go see them play. Why not?
我们才不会去看她们的演出呢 为什么啊
If we see them play,
如果去看她们的演出
we're no better than the bleach-blonde bimbos
我们就跟那些在范海伦的音乐会上
who flash their boobs at a Van Halen concert.
把自己乳♥房♥♥秀出来的金发♥浪♥女没什么两样了
Yeah, but don't those girls
是啊 可那些女的不就在
get to have sex with Van Halen after the show?
音乐会之后有幸和范海伦发生了关系吗
If you want to have sex with Van Halen,
如果你想和范海伦发♥生♥关♥系♥
do it on your own time, Ted.
自己单独找时间好了 泰德
We are not the "Maybe we can come see you play" Guys.
我们可不是那种"也许我们会去看你们演出"的人
We're the other guys,
我们是另一种人
the older guys who never
更成熟的人 那种从来不出现
showed up and whose approval they now crave.
但他的认可却是她们现在极其渴望的那种人
So, we're their dads? Exactly.
也就是说 我们当她们老爸咯 非常正确
Okay.
好吧
It's a big meeting, so I don't think we're gonna make it.
那是场很重要的会议 所以我们可能不能去看了
Maybe next time, kiddos.
或许下次吧 乖乖们
But if you guys want to meet up after your show,
不过如果你们想在演出之后见面的话
maybe we could exchange numbers... Excuse us for a minute.
或许我们可以交换下号♥码... 对不起 失陪一下
Ted, have you gone completely insane?
泰德 你是彻底傻掉了吗
We don't want their phone numbers.
我们可不要她们的电♥话♥号♥码
Yeah. I don't know what I was doing.
是啊 我也不知道我在干什么
I guess I panicked out there.
我想我是紧张过度了吧
When you exchange numbers with a chick,
当你和小妞交换号♥码的时候
you give them the ability to call and cancel.
就给了她们打过来取消掉约会的机会
If you set a date without a number, they have to show up.
如果约会没有号♥码的话 她们就不得不来了
Check and mate!
将军再交♥配♥
The only digits I need are these.
我只需要动动这几根手指
Honka.
手到擒来
Are you still their dad?
你还是她们老爸吗
So, why don't we just meet here tomorrow night around 10:00?
那么 我们何不就明晚10点在这见面呢
I think it's supposed to snow.
我觉得好像要下雪了
What do we do if there's a blizzard?
要是明天有暴风雪怎么办
Either way, we'll be here. Snow problem.
无论如何 我们都会来的 雪问题
Excuse us just one last second.
不好意思 最后失陪一下
What is the problem now?
又怎么了
Nice one.
这个不错
Thanks. Yeah.
多谢 是啊
All right, we'll see you tomorrow night.
那好吧 我们明晚见咯
Totally. Awesome!
必须的 太棒了
"Totally." "Awesome!" Man, these college chicks sound stupid.
"必须的" "太棒了" 天哪 大学妞真的是傻得可以
Totally. Awesome.
必须的 太棒了
So, here's the thing, tomorrow night,
那么就这么决定了 明天晚上
dress to move, it's gonna be a mess!
宽衣解带 一定会爽翻天的
I still think we should've gotten their numbers.
我还是觉得我们应该把她们的号♥码要过来
You always assume something is gonna go wrong.
你总是假定会有不好的事情发生
Ted, I promise you, nothing is gonna go wrong.
泰德 我向你保证 绝不会有什么问题的
Hey, it's starting to snow.
嘿 开始下雪了呢
Kids, the blizzard of '09 was a monster.
孩子们 09年的暴风雪是个怪胎
It snowed for three days straight,
它不停地下了整整三天
which led to three amazing stories.
因此发生了三件超赞的故事
I'll start with me and Barney.
我从我和巴尼的故事开始讲起
It's pretty nasty out there. I don't think they're coming.
外面天气可真是差啊 我想她们不会来了吧
Of course they're coming. They have to.
她们当然会来 她们必须来
If I can land just one of these girls,
如果我可以搞上其中一个女孩的话
I'll have party school bingo.
派对大学宾果赛我就赢了
Come on, Ted. You're the only one here.
别这样 泰德 这儿只有你了
Oh, sorry. What's party school bingo?
哦 对不起哈 派对大学宾果赛是什么
Every year, Playboy releases
每年 《花♥花♥公♥子♥》都会列一个
a list of the top party schools in the country.
全国顶尖派对大学的名单
I take the top 25, and I make up a bingo card.
我选取了前25名 并做成了这张宾果卡
All I need is Arizona Tech, which is crazy.
我就只差亚利桑那州科技学院了 虽然这很疯狂
In league play, that would normally be designated a free space.
这个学院 在联盟派对时总会被故意忽略
So, how many people are in on this party school bingo thing?
那么 有多少人参加了这个派对大学宾果赛
Oh, it's just me. So what's the point, then?
哦 就我一个 那么 意义何在啊
The point is to get five in a row.
意义就在于把五个连成一条线啊
And what do you get when you get five in a row?
连成一条线了又能怎样
I get bingo.
我就可以说"宾果"了
Thanks for coming by.
多谢你能过来
I monkeyed around with the thermostat for about an hour
我捣鼓了那个恒温器差不多一个小时
before I realized it was the intercom.
才意识到那原来是个对讲机
Yeah, I heard you swearing downstairs.
嗯 我在楼下就听到你爆粗口了
Hey, so, Lily's flight's coming in tonight.
嘿 莉莉的航♥班♥今晚就到
You're really not gonna go pick her up?
你真的不去接她了吗
Robin, Robin, like I said, as we mature,
罗宾 罗宾 如我所说 当我们逐渐成熟
our relationship matures with us.
我们的爱情也随之成熟了
Yeah, well, if I know your wife,
嗯 好吧 但是据我对你老婆的了解
she's gonna get you that six-pack anyway.
她肯定会给你带六瓶装回来的
Marshall? Marshall?
马修 马修
Puget Stout. A most exquisite Seattle microbrew.
普吉黑啤 最精湛的西雅图微酿工艺
And speaking of six-packs...
说到六件装...
What are you doing? I'm going to the airport.
你在干嘛 我要去机场
How could I be so stupid? Of course she's bringing me a six-pack!
我怎么能这么蠢呢 她肯定会带六瓶装给我啊
But this time, I didn't bring him a six-pack.
但这次呢 我没带六瓶装给他
Because as we mature, the relationship matures with us.
因为当我们逐渐成熟 我们的爱情也随之成熟了
Well, he sounds like a nice young man.
听起来他是个不错的小伙子
I'll bet he surprises you and picks you up anyway.
我敢打赌 他还是会给你个惊喜 来接你回家的
Oh, baby. Whoa! Whoa, whoa, whoa.
亲爱的 喔 打住 打住
Where's my beer? We said we weren't gonna.
我的啤酒呢 我们不是说好了...
I have beer.
我有啤酒哦
Wow. A six-pack and you're an appropriate height for me.
哇哦 六瓶装 而且你的身高也跟我刚好合适
Let's go, New Lily.
咱们走吧 新莉莉
Oh, man, I got to get some beer.
天啊 我得弄些啤酒去
Folks, this is your captain speaking.
乘客们 我是机长
Looks like we're going to be arriving an hour early.
我们预计会提前一个小时抵达目的地
Yes!
太好啦
Drink up, boys. I'm closing the bar.
快喝光就走吧 伙计们 我要打烊了
剧集 | 老爸老妈的浪漫史(2005) | 导航列表