In May of 2009, I was on the verge of scoring
2009年五月 作为一个独♥立♥的建筑设计师
my first big client as an independent architect.
我迎来了第一个大客户
I was willing to do anything to make it happen.
为此我将倾尽全力
Here's what we want, son. It's real simple.
小子 我们准备这样 很简单
We're opening a restaurant called Rib Town
我们要开一家叫排骨小镇的餐厅
and we want it to be shaped
它的形状要像一顶
like a cowboy hat.
牛仔帽
Anything.
倾尽全力
A cowboy hat?
一顶牛仔帽
That's brilliant.
太有才了
I love it!
真是好主意
I mean, nothing says delicious
我是说 没有什么比牛仔帽
like the inside of a cowboy hat, right?
更能让人食欲大振了 不是吗
Look, I'm telling you, I'm your guy.
听着 我愿意为您效劳
I think I was born to design this building.
我觉得我就是为了设计这个餐厅而生的
I just...
我觉得...
I see it.
我已经看见了它
I don't see it. I don't see it. I don't see it.
看不见 看不见 完全看不见啊
Hey.
嘿
What's so good about it?
牛仔帽好在哪里
Uh-oh. Up all night?
哎呀 熬夜了吗
I told these guys I have a vision for this thing.
我告诉那两个家伙我已经想出了雏形
They want to see a pitch in a week and I got nothing.
一周内他们就要草图但我什么都画不出来
Aw... It's cute. Cute?
噢 这很可爱啊 可爱吗
Robin, I could be designing concert halls and bridges.
罗宾 我本该设计歌♥剧院和桥梁
Bridges so beautiful they could be in museums.
我能设计出漂亮到可以进博物馆的桥
And I could design those museums.
甚至这些博物馆我也能设计
But what am I designing instead?
但看看我现在在做什么
What has my career come to?
我的职业前景在哪里
A two-story Stetson with outdoor dining on the brim.
一顶环绕着露天座位的两层牛仔帽
It's a sick cosmic joke.
开什么星际玩笑
The universe is conspiring against me.
整个宇宙都在和我作对
You just need to get out of the house.
你该出去透透气
Take a walk. Get a bagel.
散散步 来一块百吉饼
Yeah...yeah, that'll solve everything.
好啊 好啊 好像这样就能解决问题
I haven't slept for 34 hours,
我已经34小时没睡觉了
but a bagel is the answer.
一块百吉饼居然就能搞定
A cinnamon raisin bagel with a little cream cheese.
一块肉桂葡萄干百吉饼再淋上点奶油干酪
Actually that sounds pretty good,
听起来还真不错
I'm going to get a bagel.
看来是要去弄一块
Bring an umbrella. It's supposed to rain,
带把伞 好像要下雨
according to Galoshes, our weather clown.
我们的气象小丑 雨靴男说的
Your show has a clown who does the weather?
你的节目还有个报天气的小丑
That's a little cheesy, don't you think?
你不觉得俗气吗
Yeah. And what's that restaurant
呵呵 那你设计的那家餐厅
you're designing shaped like, Hoss?
叫什么来着呀 小马驹
Fine. You want me out of the house,
好吧 你想让我出去透透气
I'll get out of the house.
我就随你的意
Can't wait to see what the universe
我等不及要看这茫茫宇宙
has lined up for me out there.
要再给我什么惊喜了
Kids, I've been telling you the story of
孩子们 我一直在和你们讲
how I met your mother.
我是如何遇见你们妈妈的
And while there's many things to learn from this story,
而在其中众多值得牢记的教训中
this may be the biggest.
这也许是最大的
The great moments of your
你人生中的荣耀时刻
life won't necessarily be the things you do.
并不一定是你做出的某些成果
They'll also be the things that happen to you.
也可能是你所经历的某些事
I'm not saying you can't
我并不是说
take action to affect the outcome of your life.
凡事随波逐流而不去努力
You have to take action, and you will.
你必须 也一定会努力
But never forget, that on any day,
但不要忘了 也许某一天
you could step out the front door
你踏出房♥门
and your whole life can change forever.
而你的人生也随之永远改变
You see, the universe has a plan, kids,
孩子们 冥冥中宇宙自有安排
and that plan is always in motion.
而安排时刻在变化
A butterfly flaps its wings...
就如蝴蝶微微振翅
and it starts to rain.
而雨也随之而来
It's a scary thought. But it's also kind of wonderful.
这是个挺瘆人的想法 却也很美妙
All these little parts of the machine constantly working,
这些事件就像命运机器的零部件一般各司其职
making sure that you end up
确保你
exactly where you're supposed to be,
在最恰当的时间
exactly when you're supposed to be there.
出现在该出现的地方
The right place... at the right time.
正确的地方 正确的时间
Kids, it's a miracle that I ended up
孩子们 我在那街角上
on that street corner.
见证了奇迹
Especially when you consider
尤其是当你意识到
how easy it would have been not to end up there.
你在那里的停留是多么的凑巧
I mean, when I first stepped out of the apartment,
我是说 当我踏出公♥寓♥门的时候
I almost went right instead of left.
我几乎就要拐向右边
Why didn't I go right?
但我为什么没有呢
To answer that, we have to go back a few days.
为了回答这个问题 我们要回到几天前
As you know, back then,
你知道 那时
your Aunt Robin hosted a morning show.
你们的罗宾阿姨主持了一个早间节目
Now Eunice here makes all of these purses herself.
这位尤尼斯女士亲自手工制♥作♥了这些包包
They're hand embroidered with the world's finest silk.
它们都是用世界上最好的丝绸手工刺绣而成
And each one takes months to make.
且每一个都花费了几个月的时间
I cannot emphasize how much work goes into...
不用说 这需要花多少心血来...
Go to weather, you idiot.
切给天气预报 你个呆子
Hey, everybody.
嘿 大家好
We got a high pressure system
有一个高压系统
coming in from the west and...
正由西向我们靠近
On the plus side, I bought the cutest purse today.
好事成双 我今天还买♥♥了个最可爱的包包
So, wait, why did you throw up?
不过 你为什么吐了呢
You don't want to know. Come on. Tell me.
我不想说 拜托 告诉我吧
I'm pregnant.
我怀孕了
I will raise this child with you.
我会和你一起抚养
You are not alone in this.
你们不会成为孤儿寡母的
We can even get married if you want,
你愿意的话我们结婚也可以
but I still want to see other girls,
但我还会想着其他女孩子
it would've to be one of those kinds of marriages...
这婚姻可能会沦为那类...
God, stop it. I'm not pregnant. It's food poisoning.
神呐 闭嘴吧 我没怀孕 食物中毒了
I ate something from this place,
我吃了一家店的东西
and three hours later, I was spewing like an open hydrant.
三个小时之后 我喷的像个开了阀的消防栓
God. From where? Well, that's a gross question.
天呐 从哪啊 呃 这是个恶心的问题
No, where was the food from?
不 是问你在哪吃的
I don't want to tell you. What?
我不想告诉你 什么
Ted, Ted, Ted. Go to YouTube.
泰德 泰德 泰德 上油管
Put in "Robin Scherbatsky morning show vomit"
输入"罗宾•舍巴斯基早间新闻呕吐"
Oh, hey, Robin, home so soon.
哦 嘿 罗宾 这么快回家了啊
Someone already put it on YouTube?
已经有人放上油管了吗
Yeah... Someone.
是啊... 有人
So... Why you been throwing up? You pregnant?
呃 你为什么吐了呢 怀孕了吗
Yeah, Barney. I'm pregnant.
是啊 巴尼 我怀孕了
So, wait, wh-why won't you tell me
呃 等等 为什么你不肯告诉我
where you got food poisoning?
你在哪吃成食物中毒的
You love this place.
你太喜欢那家店了
If I tell you, it'll just ruin it.
如果我告诉你了 就毁了
Ok. That makes sense.
好吧 有道理
Don't tell me.
别告诉我
Is it that Indian place
是那家印度饭馆吗
where the cat jumps on all the tables?
就是有只猫在所有桌上上蹿下跳的那家
I'm not saying it.
我不会告诉你的
That Spanish place with baby's crib
是那家在餐厅中♥央♥有婴儿床的
in the middle of the restaurant?
西班牙餐厅吗
I'm not saying.
我不会告诉你的
God, no.
天呐 不要啊
No, no, no.
不要啊
Is it this place? Tell me, damn you!
是不是这里 快告诉我 可恶
Fine. You really want to know? Yes!
好吧 你真想知道 快说吧
It's Schlegel's Bagels.
施莱格尔百吉饼店
剧集 | 老爸老妈的浪漫史(2005) | 导航列表