电♥话♥线断了 灯灭了
the phone's unplugged, lights go off,
牛奶退订了 煤气也停了
milk gets cancelled, the gas is disconnected.
下面还是交给萨姆吧
And I hand back to Sam.
到你了 萨姆
Back to you, Sam.
谢谢 鲍勃
Thanks, Bob.
维多利亚女王
身为女王掌英伦*
*I love to be a British queen
我是维多利亚*
*I am Victoria, you see
英国管家在哪里*
*Now, where's my British butler
和我的英国茶*
*With my British cup of tea
英国没有茶 陛下*
*Tea is not from Britain, ma'am
印度它的家*
*From India it was brought
为此一杯千人亡*
*Yes, for your cuppa thousands died
茶是从印度引进的
战争多次打*
*And many wars were fought
大英制♥造♥ 我大英制♥造♥*
*British things, my British things
原来没有茶*
*It seems that tea is not
大英制♥造♥ 我大英制♥造♥*
*British things, my British things
要加点糖吗*
*Can I sweeten it a jot
蔗糖总是英国产*
*Do tell me sugar's British, though
加勒比它故乡*
*No, it's Caribbean, imported
糖是从加勒比引进的
为你杯中一勺糖*
*For sugar in your cup of tea
奴隶制不灭亡*
*Slavery's been supported
恐怕此话冒天颜*
*I know it's wrong, your Majesty
非洲奴隶很艰难*
*but slaves in Africa
都被困在甘蔗地*
*Were tarred in fields of sugar cane
只为使茶更香甜*
*To sweeten up your cha
大英制♥造♥ 我大英制♥造♥*
*British things, our British things
原想丰饶物产多*
*I thought that there were many
大英制♥造♥ 我大英制♥造♥*
*British things oh, British things
恐怕没有英国货*
*Afraid there's hardly any
记得英国棉背心*
*You know your British cotton vest
什么情况快说清*
*What's wrong with it? Explain
棉花产地是美洲*
*The cotton's from America
奴隶采摘尽艰辛*
*And picked by slaves again
棉花是由美洲奴隶采摘的
大英帝国战争铸*
*Your Empire's built on fighting wars
疯狂敛财国富足*
*That's how your income's swollen
英国制♥造♥舶来品*
*Your British things are from abroad
实话实说是赃物*
*And most are, frankly, stolen
还有什么 请快说*
*Whatever next? Go on, pray tell
英国女王 外国的*
*Our British Queen is foreign as well
确实英国女王外国根*
*It's true I am of foreign descent
你丈夫阿尔伯特呢 德国人*
*And your husband Albert? A German gent
不过至少我有个英国名*
*At least I've got a British name
维多利亚拉丁名 真丢人*
*Victoria's Latin. That's a shame
大英制♥造♥ 大英制♥造♥*
*British things, British things
没有什么 我承认*
*There are none, we declare
我们最爱的大英制♥造♥*
*All our favourite British things
结果都是舶来品*
*Seem to come from elsewhere
再来点糖
More sugar?
凶残的维京人
很多英文词语都直接取自维京语
A lot of English words come straight from the Viking language,
维京词语
比如这些
like this lot.
愤怒
Anger!
绑♥架♥
Kidnap!
洗劫
Ransack!
尖叫
Scream!
重击
Thump!
屠♥杀♥
Slaughter!
害羞
Shy!
你确定 "害羞"也是
Really? Shy?
这些真的都是维京语
其实我确实...有一点
Ooh, I am a bit, actually.
别盯着人家了 人家脸都红了
Erm, stop staring at me, I'm going red.
我们维京人最让人猜不透了
We Vikings really were a surprising bunch.
你猜我们是怎么
I mean, how do you think
讲述那些可怕的战争的
we told stories about our gruesome battles?
我们把它们写成诗
We told them with poems.
真的 因为押韵的比较好记
We really did, cos it's easier to remember a rhyme.
朋友们 大家好 我回来啦
Greetings, my friend, it's great to be back!
等一下 看看我口袋里都有啥
And just wait till you see what I've got in my sack.
海边的修道院被我们抢夺
We pillaged this monastery down by the coast,
经过分赃 我拿到的最多
and divided the loot up, but I got the most.
上船之前 淹死几个和尚
Then drowned some monks and went back on the ship.
总而言之 这次战绩辉煌
All in all, I would say not a bad little trip.
-怎么了 -我不知道
- What? - Yeah, I don't know
你当时有没有注意到这件事
if you were aware at the time,
不过你刚刚说的貌似都...
but everything you just said seemed to...
押韵 那很正常 没什么奇怪
Rhyme? Well, that's perfectly normal. Nothing odd there.
我们维京人只是喜欢用它来
It's just a good way for us Vikings to share
分享离乡时参加的战斗
the tales of battles we've had whilst away.
我们本可以写下来的 但是...
We could write it down but...
说起来感觉很逗
It's nicer to say?
也不是感觉逗 不是像你说得那样
Well, I wouldn't say nicer, not nice as such,
大部分时候身边都是鲜血和内脏
cos most of the time it's all blood and guts
还有刀削斧砍暴♥力♥憎恨
and stabbing and looting and violence and hate.
说押韵点显得我们像是伟人
But you say it in rhyme and it makes us sound great.
-我觉得你们像是傻子 -你不也这样
- I think it sounds silly. - You're doing it too.
-我没有 -你有
- I'm not. - You just did.
-那是你 -这只是个闹着玩的练习
- I didn't. That's you. - Well, this is just practice, messing around.
真正的战争诗歌♥会美得吓死你
The real battle poems would truly astound.
气势恢宏的史诗巨作 堪称艺术珍品
They're stirring and epic, a real work of art.
我现在就能给你念一首 铭记在我心
I could read you one now, I've learnt it by heart.
别再说诗了 听得有点心慌
Enough with poems, I'm getting annoyed.
可这首是讲被我们毁灭的村庄
This is about all the towns we've destroyed.
我不想听 走开让我静一静
I don't wanna hear it, leave me alone.
你会喜欢这首的 这可是我的作品
You'll like this one, it's one of my own.
红焱吞噬了人们的屋顶
Red flames swallowed up men's rooves
这是首真正的维京诗
我们盛怒着将他们劈成两半
as we raged and cut them down.
穿成串的尸体懒洋洋地躺着
Bodies skewered lay there sleepy
都被堆在小镇的外边
in the gateways of the town.
简直是暴♥力♥和感人的完美融合
Both brutal and touching, a most potent blend.
以玩笑结尾我觉得不错
I think it could do with a joke at the end.
这才不是玩笑 我将故事传开
It's not about jokes. I'm spreading the word.
代代相传 诗篇永在
Down the generations that verse will be heard.
说真的 快停下
Seriously, stop it now.
再说我就要发火
It's making me cross.
我压根不准备押韵
I'm not even going to make that bit rhyme.
你的损失可不怨我
That's your loss!
于我而言 不仅游戏一场
But for me, I'm afraid this is more than a game.
战士诗人 定会声名远扬
I'm a warrior poet, and soon will come fame.
待到未来 人们谈及过往
And years in the future they'll speak of a time
维京人埃里克 只说
when Eric the Viking spoke only
会押韵的句子
in words that sound the same as each other.
我想我接不下去了
Oh, I think I've stopped.
太好了 你想喝麦芽酒吗
Brilliant. Do you fancy an ale?
想 好吧
Er, yeah, all right then.
你最近怎么样
So, how's it going with you?
-还不坏 奶牛有点瘸了 -真的吗
- Ah, not too bad. Cow's got a gammy foot. - Oh, really?
维京人并非一直押韵
Vikings didn't always rhyme.
怎么这样啊
What could be worse?!
不过许多著名的故事
But many famous stories
都是以诗篇呈现的
were written in verse.
我想这句诗整整想了一周
Ha! It took me all week to work that one out.
维京人喜欢玩文字游戏
Vikings loved playing with words.
曾有维京人将自己
One Viking called his most
最宝贵的财产称为"咬腿怪"
prized possession 'Leg Biter.'
不过"咬腿怪"是什么
But was 'Leg Biter'...
A 他的看门狗
A, his guard dog.
B 他的剑
B, his sword.
剧集 | 糟糕历史(2009) | 导航列表