也意味着它们很难躲过地面的射击
also meant they were almost impossible to miss.
有人带口香糖和自行车气筒了吗
Does anybody have some chewing gum and a bicycle pump?
绝妙古希腊
历史医院
感觉如何
Right, how are we feeling?
没见好 我真的需要看医生了
I'm not any better. I really need to see a doctor.
我知道 但我们最好的两位医生请了病假
I know, but our two best doctors are off sick,
恐怕只能让那个古希腊的
and I'm afraid that just
希波克拉底医生给你看病了
leaves Dr. Hippocrates, the ancient Greek.
抱歉我来晚了
Yes, yes, sorry I'm late.
我们开始吧
Let's get started, shall we?
你好 我是希波克拉底医生 医学之父
Hello, I'm Dr Hippocrates, father of medicine,
从公元前400年穿越而来
on transfer from the year 400BC.
你哪里不舒服
What seems to be the problem?
我有点咳嗽
Well, I've got a bit of a cough
而且胸口感觉很痛
and I've got a terrible pain in my chest.
你有没有被过剧烈地摇晃过
Hmm. Have you been violently shaken up and down, at all?
-没有 -为什么没有
- No. - Why on earth not?
护士 用力地上下摇晃她
Nurse, shake this woman violently up and down.
如果听到溅水的声音 就是患了肺病
If you hear a splashing sound, she has lung disease.
如果没有 道个歉把她放下来
If not, apologise and put her down.
希波克拉底真的这么认为
好的 医生
Yes, Doctor.
你好 我是希波克拉底医生
Hello, my name's Dr. Hippocrates.
你是哪里不舒服呢
What seems to be the problem?
我胳膊上有一道切口
I've got a nasty gash on my arm.
老是不愈合
It doesn't seem to be healing.
我担心它感染了
I'm just worried it might be infected.
我们可能需要做一些检查
Hmm. I think we might have to run a few tests.
首先 需要采集伤口的样本
First of all, I'll need a sample from the wound itself.
接下来 还需要一些耳垢的样本
Then I'll need a sample of your earwax.
一些新鲜的鼻屎
Couple of nice fresh bogies.
当然 最后还需要
Of course, last but by no means least,
你的小便样本
a sample of your wee-wee.
需要多久才能出结果
How long will it take for the results to come back?
大概10到15秒吧
Oh, I should say about 10-15 seconds.
希波克拉底真的尝了样本
好消息是 我认为没有感染
The good news is, I don't think there's any infection.
太好了 那坏消息呢
Great. What's the bad news?
我要吐了
I'm going to be sick.
知道我管
You know what I'd call
血 耳垢 鼻屎和尿的混合物叫什么吗
a mixture of blood, earwax, bogey and wee?
午饭
Lunch!
当然 希波克拉底并没有
Of course, Hippocrates didn't
一口气把它们全喝了下去
really drink all that in one go.
那实在太恶心了
No, that would have been quite disgusting.
他每次喝一种
He had them one at a time,
这样就好多了 你肯定也这么认为
which makes it OK, I'm sure you'll agree.
所有医生都要遵守希波克拉底誓言
All doctors still have to take the Hippocratic oath,
这誓言以希波克拉底之名命名
named after Hippocrates.
他不是唯一一个用自己名字为事物命名的人
And he's not the only Greek who gave his name to things.
同他一样的还有亚历山大大帝
There was also Alexander the Great,
他是一位伟大的军事领袖
a great military leader
征服了许多国家 并建立了城市
who conquered countries and founded cities.
亚历山大 我们要如何命名这座新城市
So what should we call this new city, oh, Alexander?
土耳其 公元前330年
-抱歉 亚历山大大帝 -这才对
- Sorry, oh, Alexander The Great. - Yeah.
我觉得应该叫它
I think we should call it...
亚历山大城 以我们伟大的领袖命名
Alexandria, after our great and powerful leader.
他在哪 他在哪
Where is he? Where is he?
他在哪 就在你眼前
Where is he? There he is.
您沿希腊到印度建立了一系列的城市
Well, you have founded a whole chain of cities from Greece to India.
的确
Indeed I have.
您把它命名为亚历山大城
And you named this one Alexandria.
您把这座也命名为亚历山大城 对吧
And you named this one Alexandria, didn't you?
-这里也是亚历山大城 -是的
- Then there's Alexandria. - Yeah.
亚历山大城...
Alexandria...
亚历山大给很多城市命名为亚历山大城
再往东边 也是亚历山大城
Further east, there's Alexandria.
别忘了这边的亚历山大城
Let's not forget Alexandria.
不会的 但问题来了
No. Well, that's the thing.
我觉得这样会很让人困惑
I think it might be getting a bit confusing, don't you?
我们可以根据其他人命名这座新城吗
Could we perhaps name this new one after someone else?
我是从古至今以来最棒的军事领导者
OK, I am the greatest military commander that ever lived.
已知的世界都已被我征服 而我年仅26岁
I have conquered the known world and I am barely 26 years old.
等你自己建立了一座城市
Perhaps when you've found your own city,
你也可以用你的名字命名
you can name it after yourself.
你可以叫它 排骨精城
You could call it...Skinny-man-dria.
但既然它们是我建立的
But since I'm founding them,
我就要叫它亚历山大城 好吗
I'd like to call it Alexandria. OK?
遵命
Yes, sir.
话说回来
No, actually do you know what?
说不定你是对的
Perhaps you're right.
伟大的军事领导者也会听从军师的建议
A great military ruler also listens to his advisors.
这的确有点让人困惑
It is getting a bit confusing.
我们应该叫它伊斯肯德伦
I think we should call it Iskenderun.
伊斯肯德伦 不错嘛
Iskenderun, great.
为什么是伊斯肯德伦
Why Iskenderun?
这是土耳其语啊
It's Turkish.
是土耳其语的亚历山大城吗
Is it Turkish for Alexandria?
是的
Yes.
这是真的
-我想也是 -没错
- Thought so. - OK.
腐朽古罗马
糟糕历史电视台
新闻联播
大家好 欢迎收看《那时新闻》
Hello and welcome to the News At When.
那时就是古罗马时期
When? The Roman era,
当时 罗马是世界上最强大的城市
a time when Rome was the most powerful city in the world,
谁来统治罗马 成为一个生死攸关的问题
and who ruled Rome became a question of life or death, literally.
详细内容
Here to explain more
请看本台记者鲍勃·黑尔带来的罗马报道
is Bob Hale, with the Roman Report.
-鲍勃 -谢谢 萨姆
- Bob. - Thank you, Sam.
你可能听说过
Well, you may have heard
罗马不是一天建成的 确实不是
Rome wasn't built in a day, and it wasn't.
意大利
事实上 它建了一整年
In fact, it took them a whole year.
公元前753年
精确地说 是公元前753年
The year 753BC, to be precise,
就在意大利的正中间
and there it is, slap bang in the middle of Italy.
罗马
罗马建成了 并且成为了一个国家
Rome is founded, and it starts as a kingdom,
也就是说需要一个国王了
which means it needs a king.
就是他 事实上
And there he is. In fact,
直到公元前510年 罗马有数位国王
there were several right up until 510BC,
公元前510年
后来塔奎因国王登基 不 别笑
when we get one called Tarquin- no, don't laugh
他是个可怕的暴徒
and he's a terrible bully.
由于太过残暴 罗马人把他赶下了台
So bad, in fact, that the Romans get rid of him.
不仅是他 是所有的国王
Not just him, but kings altogether.
不要国王
不得了 罗马成为共和国了
Crikey. Rome becomes a republic,
也就是说它现在由元老院统治
which means it's now ruled by the senate,
元老院
其中有三百名元老
300 elected senators,
元老
建立了民♥主♥制
which makes it a democracy,
民♥主♥制
有点像我们的议会
a bit like our parliament,
但没那么聒噪
but with a lot less shouting.
元老们日理万机 治理着庞大的帝国
And the busy senators have a massive empire to run,
并任命了许多人替他们处理事务
so they appoint people to do stuff for them,
立法者
有立法者 地方长官 执政官
lawmakers and governors and praetors
地方长官
执政官
度支官还有营造官
and quaestors and aediles
度支官
营造官
还有各种人 从事着听起来很蠢的工作
and all sorts of other people with silly sounding jobs,
保民官
直到尤利乌斯·凯撒出现并高喊
until Julius Caesar turns up and says,
剧集 | 糟糕历史(2009) | 导航列表