About Mr Carey?
凯里先生?
Well,I've mentioned that they didn't hit it off very well.
我有提到 他们不太合得来
Didn't hit it off very well? You idiot!
不太合得来? 你这傻瓜!
He's head over heels in love with her.
他丢了魂似的爱着她
Tell me,Hastings,Monsieur Mercado,
黑斯廷斯 梅卡尔多先生
is he right handed or left handed?
是左撇子还是右撇子?
Um,right handed,I think. Yes.
唔 我想是右撇子吧 是的
Ah,bonjour,Monsieur Mercado.
啊 你好 梅卡尔多先生
Good morning. Not many people visit me out here.
早上好 没多少人一大早来这儿找我
You dig too deep,monsieur,
您挖的真深 先生
it is very difficult on the legs,you understand.
太难下脚了
These people must have been jolly fit.
这些人的身体一定很好
The lower you get,the more interesting it becomes.
挖得越深 越是有宝
Follow me,gentlemen.
跟我来 先生们
One interesting thing
有趣的是
is that the pottery found above this level,
在这个土层发现的陶器
it shows a marked difference.
有显著的不同
Here,I will show you.
这儿 我给你们看看
If you look at this piece
如果你看这个
Ugh! Something stung me.
啊! 什么东西蛰了我
A scorpion,perhaps? Vite!
也许是蝎子? 快看看!
Merde,voila. I knew I felt something.
粪便 瞧 我就知道有什么东西
But it is not a scorpion though
不过不是蝎子
or it would be already swollen.
不然伤口已经肿起来了
But one cannot be too careful,eh,Monsieur Mercado?
但小心总不为过 不是吗 梅卡尔多先生?
That was neat,eh,Hastings?
刚才挺利索的 是吧 黑斯廷斯?
What was that,Poirot?
刚才是怎么回事儿 波罗?
Did you do that?
是你干的?
Oui. I was the stinging insect and very neatly I did it too. Regarde.
当然 我就是那下手快的带刺小昆虫 瞧
You did not see me,eh,Hastings?
连你都没看到 不是吗 黑斯廷斯?
But what for?
可为什么呢?
I wished to observe his forearm,Hastings.
我是想看看他的前臂 黑斯廷斯
The left one.
左前臂
Did you not notice anything?
你没注意到吗?
Well,yes,I did,as a matter of fact.
是的 我注意到了
A lot of marks on the skin. Oui.
皮肤上有许多痕迹 没错
I suspected but I had to be sure.
我怀疑过但我需要确认
Monsieur Mercado,he is addicted to drugs,Hastings.
梅卡尔多先生 他有毒瘾 黑斯廷斯
I see.
我懂了
So,where does that lead us?
那 接下来我们做什么呢?
For the moment I cannot say.
我暂时还不知道
But facts,Hastings,facts,
但是事实 黑斯廷斯 事实
those are the cobbles that make up the road along which we travel.
是铺平我们前行之路的鹅卵石
Poirot wants to see if Miss Johnson
波罗想验证下利德勒夫人遇害时
could really have heard Mrs Leidner call out
约翰逊小姐是否真的能听到
when she was murdered,you see.
她的叫声
So,if you could go in Mrs Leidner's room
所以 你到利德勒夫人的房♥间
and just give a little cry,
去喊两声
I'll go in the living room and see if I hear anything.
我在起居室这边看能不能听到您的叫声
Alright. Oh,not a big scream or anything
好的 哦 声音不要太大
I mean,not madly terrified,
不是歇斯底里的那种
just a little cry as if you stubbed your tow or something.
就是不小心撞了一下的那种
Yes,I see.
我明白了
Bonjour,Monsieur Carey.
你好 凯里先生
Ready when you are.
准备好了就开始吧
No,I've done it.
我已经喊过了
Oh. I didn't hear anything.
哦 我什么也没听见
Perhaps you should try it again a bit louder.
也许您可以试着更大声一点
I'm hardly the right person to help you
恐怕我帮不上您什么忙
Mrs Leidner and I didn't get on particularly well.
利德勒夫人与我不太合得来
I suppose I was a bit resentful of her influence over Leidner.
我想我是反感于她对利德勒的影响
We were polite to each other but not intimate.
我们彼此很客气 但并不亲近
Explained most admirably,Monsieur Carey.
解释得真不错 凯里先生
But there are stories going about
不过这故事还有其它说法
and one listens to these stories and perhaps
如果听到这个故事...
What stories? The usual sort of story.
什么故事? 就是我们常听到的那种
About you and Madame Leidner.
您和利德勒夫人的故事
What foul minds people have.
这些人的思想真是龌蹉
Vraiment. They're dogs,huh?
确实 他们的鼻子像狗一样灵 哈?
However deep one buries an unpleasantness,
不管这不痛快埋藏得有多深
a dog,he will always root it out again.
狗狗们总是能将其刨根现世
As for myself,I'm always ready to be convinced of the truth.
而我 我随时准备相信真♥相♥
You?
你?
I doubt if you'd know the truth if you heard it.
我怀疑别人告诉你时 你能否知道真♥相♥
Try me and see.
不妨一试嘛
Alright.
好吧
I hated Louise Leidner.
我恨露易丝·利德勒
That's the truth for you.
这就是真♥相♥
That's the truth.
这就是真♥相♥
We tried it several times,getting louder and louder.
我们试了好多遍 一次比一次叫得大声
Even when Nurse Leatheran screamed quite loudly
甚至丽瑟莲护士惊声尖叫了起来
you couldn't hear it in the living room.
在起居室里还是什么都听不见
These mud brick walls are damned thick,you know.
这些该死的泥砖墙真够厚的
Good,Hastings,good.
很好 黑斯廷斯 很好
The only way we heard it was when we tried it with the window open.
唯一能听到声音的办法就是把窗户打开
The window to the room of Madame Leidner? Yes.
朝着利德勒夫人房♥间的窗户? 是的
Well,that is very interesting,Hastings,
非常有趣 黑斯廷斯
even illuminating.
而且发人深省
Madame Mercado,Mademoiselle Johnson,bonjour.
梅卡尔多太太 约翰逊小姐 你好
Good day. How are you getting on,Mr Poirot?
日安 事情调查的如何了 波罗先生?
Oh,it marches slowly,this affair,Mademoiselle.
哦 这案子进展缓慢啊 小姐
But this morning I was in Baghdad with Superintendent Maitland.
不过今早我和梅特兰警长去了巴格达
His daughter is a young lady most charming,n'est-ce pas?
他女儿十分迷人 不是吗?
Sheila Maitland?
希拉·梅特兰?
Oh,she's alright.
哦 她挺不错
Of course,she's the only young creature in the place
当然 作为这里唯一的年轻尤物
so she gets a bit spoilt
她被那些
by all the young men dancing attendance on her.
争相献殷勤的小伙子们给宠坏了
Not that she doesn't encourage them.
倒不是说她没有鼓励他们
She was out here yesterday afternoon
昨天下午她还来过这儿
looking around for one or other of them.
找一个小伙子或是其他什么人
What's that you're doing?
你这是在做什么?
This? Oh,we found another cylinder seal at last.
这个? 哦 我们终于又发现了一枚柱形印♥章♥
You know,this is only the fourth one we've found on this site
这可是我们在这里发现的第四个了
apart from the one that's got lost,of course.
当然 不算不见了的那个
And Pere Lavigny,he translates them,n'est-ce pas?
这要拉维涅神父翻译 是吧?
Well,there's not usually much to translate,
嗯 没多少东西要翻译的
they're more pictorial.
大部分都是绘图
Although that varies from age to age.
尽管穿越了好几个世纪
This one's just got a short inscription,just by the picture.
这里还有个简短的签名 就在图案旁边
It's probably the name of the owner.
很可能是拥有者的名字
How old is it?
有多久的历史了?
Oh,about 5,000 years.
哦 大约五千年了
Oh,it is of great beauty.
非常精美
I'm just doing the mould in the Plasticine
我在用粘土印出模子
and then we make a plaster cast
然后做个石膏样本
and he works from that.
他就从这上面翻译
That's most ingenious.
太有才了
Have you got a lot of Plasticine?
你们这儿有很多粘土吗?
I could do with a bit.
我也想来试试了
Hastings,you're of too great an age
黑斯廷斯 你这个年纪
to play with Plasticine.
玩粘土太为老不尊了吧
There's a hole in the door of my room,
我房♥门上有个小洞
and the mosquitoes just seem to stream through it at night.
一到夜晚蚊子就会顺着那小孔飞进来
Oh,help yourself,there's some in the stationary cupboard.
哦 请自便吧 器皿橱那边还有一些
Oh.
哦
I think it's where there used to be a lock.
我记得这里是上了锁的
They've taken the lock away and left the... I say,
他们把锁打开了 留下了...我说
What's this? Poirot?
这是什么? 波罗?
It's some sort of mask.
像是个面具
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表