Perhaps that is all any of us need,Mademoiselle Johnson.
可能我们需要的只是这些 约翰逊女士
I know it's hard to believe,Mr Poirot,
我知道这很难相信 波罗先生
but I can't tell you what fun we used to have,
但是我不能告诉你 我们曾经有过怎样的欢乐
Dr Leidner,Richard Carey and I,
利德勒博士 理查德·凯里和我
the first years we worked out here.
我们在这工作的第一年
We were such a happy party.
我们是那么快乐的一群人
But...
但是...
But what,Mademoiselle Johnson?
但是什么 约翰逊女士?
Oh...
呃...
To be frank,since Dr Leidner got married
坦白说 自从利德勒博士结婚后
of course,she's a very charming woman
当然 她是个很有魅力的女人
and I can quite understand why Dr Leidner fell for her
我很理解为什么利德勒博士迷上她了
but if she's so nervous about coming to out-of-the-way places
但是如果她来这个偏僻的地方会紧张到
that she needs a nurse to hold her hand,
需要有个护士来照顾她
she should've stayed in America.
她应该待在美国
And now the famous detective.
现在又来了个名侦探
Oh,no no no,Mademoiselle Johnson,you are mistaken,
哦 不 不 不 约翰逊女士 你误会了
I assure you that my visit here,it is purely coincidental.
我向你保证 我的来访绝对是个巧合
Huh.
哼
There she is now.
她来了
I say! Isn't that splendid?
我说! 这很壮观吧?
And it's almost undamaged. Look.
它几乎没受任何损伤
I find their pottery crude compared to the Egyptians.
我发现他们的陶器比埃及人的粗糙
Oh no,Mr Mercado,unsophisticated,perhaps
哦 不 梅卡尔多先生 应该说不精细
Oh my God!
哦 我的天啊!
Sergeant! Sergeant!
军士! 军士!
Are you alright,Captain Hastings?
你还好吗 黑斯廷斯上校?
Yes,I'm OK.
嗯 我没事
What was all that about,Mr Mercado?
这是怎么了 梅卡尔多先生?
Why do you ask me? The man is mad,obviously.
你为什么问我? 很明显这男人疯了
He said he was going to avenge his brother.
他说他要给他的兄弟报仇
What brother? I do not know any brother.
什么兄弟? 我可不知道什么兄弟
What kind of a place have I come to?
我到底来了一个什么样的地方啊?
For years I've lived in fear of being murdered.
这些年 我一直活在被杀的恐惧里
You can't mean it.
你不是认真的吧
I assure you,Captain Hastings,that I do.
我向你保证 黑斯廷斯上校 是真的
But murdered by whom,Madame Leidner?
但是被谁谋杀呢 利德勒夫人?
When I was a girl of 20
当我还是个20岁的姑娘时
I married a young man in our State Department
我和我们州部门里的一个年轻人结婚了
Frederick Bosner.
他叫弗雷德里克·博斯纳
I hardly knew him,I suppose.
我一点都不了解他
It was one of those foolish wartime marriages.
那是一桩愚蠢的战时婚姻
We'd only been married a few days and he went away.
我们才结婚了几天他就走了
I never saw him again.
我再也没见过他
Frederick was killed in the war
弗雷德里克在战争中被杀了
but he was killed in America.
但是他是在美国被杀的
He was shot as a spy.
别人说他是间谍 把他枪决了
It was...terrible.
很...可怕
Terrible.
太可怕了
And then,about three months later,
然后 三个月之后
an amazing thing happened.
令人吃惊的事情发生了
"I am waiting for you.
"我在等你
If you ever marry another man I will kill you."
如果你和别人结婚 我会杀了你"
Signed "Frederick".
署名"弗雷德里克"
But this purports to come from your husband who is dead.
这上面说是你死去的前夫写的信
Exactly.
没错
I thought I was mad or dreaming.
我以为我是疯了或是在做梦
Eventually I went to my father.
最终我去找了我的父亲
He worked in the State Department too,
他也在国♥务♥院♥工作
he admitted the truth
他告诉了我真♥相♥
my husband hadn't been shot at all,
我前夫并没有被枪决
he'd escaped.
他逃走了
The State Department had covered it all up anyway
国♥务♥院♥把消息封锁了
and he was trying to protect me.
他也一直在保护我
But then Frederick had been killed in a train wreck
但弗雷德里克却在逃亡几周后
a few weeks after his escape
因列车事故而丧生
and he saw no reason to burden me with the knowledge.
所以我父亲觉得没什么好再隐瞒的了
I shouldn't have told you this,
我不该告诉你这些的
I just thought you were someone I could talk to,
我只觉得还能跟你说说话
a comparative stranger just here for a few days.
一个只会在这待几天的陌生人
And you say now that you have received more of these letters?
你说现在你收到了更多的恐吓信?
Some years ago when I go engaged to be married
几年前 我快订婚的时候
a whole flurry of letters started.
恐吓信就一窝蜂的来了
I couldn't bear it.
我受不了了
I broke off the engagement.
我取消了订婚
It seemed that every time I became even friendly with another man
好像我每次和男人走得近一点
I was warned off.
我都会收到警告
And then there was silence for years.
接下去几年没什么动静
I met Eric and we got engaged.
我碰到了埃里克 我们订婚了
Nothing.
啥事儿也没有
We married.
我们结婚了
Nothing.
啥事儿也没有
And then three weeks ago
但是三周前
I got this.
我收到了这个
"I have arrived."
"我已经来了"
But if this isn't your former husband,who is it?
但如果不是你前夫 还能是谁呢?
I don't know.
我不知道
Frederick had a much younger brother named William.
弗雷德里克有个弟弟叫威廉
He was an unstable child
他是个不太稳定的小孩
but he adored Frederick.
但他喜欢弗雷德里克
Perhaps he feels that any involvement I have with another man
可能他觉得我和其他人好
is somehow betraying his brother's memory.
多少有点背叛了他哥哥吧
And this William Bosner,
这个威廉·博斯纳
you think that for this he might still be seeking the vengeance?
你觉得他可能因为这个而复仇你?
The same night I received that
我收到信的那个晚上
I saw the face at that window.
我第一次
No!
不!
For the first time,
在窗口看到了一张脸
a dead face.
一张死人的脸
I really don't understand why you're leaving,Poirot.
波罗 在今早利德勒夫人告诉我们那些事之后
After all Mrs Leidner told us this morning,
我不懂你为什么要离开
I mean to say,there's a damsel in distress
那是个陷入困境的女子
if you like.
如果你愿意的话
We're all in bally distress this year.
我们今年都很沮丧
You wouldn't believe what a difference there is.
你都不知道到底有什么区别
There's Carey.
那是凯里
Even he was quite cheerful last year.
去年他还蛮高兴的
Believe it or not.
不管信不信
He's worked with Leidner for years,of course.
他和利德勒先生共事了好几年
So has Annie Johnson.
安妮·约翰逊也一样
She blames Mrs Leidner,
她很不爽利德勒太太
thinks her presence spoils everything.
觉得她的出现毁了一切
Is that your opinion,Monsieur Coleman?
你是这么想的吗 科尔曼先生?
No. She's just jealous.
不 她只是在嫉妒
She used to run round after old Leidner,
她以前总围着利德勒先生转
darning his socks and making him tea in the old days.
帮他织袜子 泡茶什么的
I suppose she feels a bit inhibited with Mrs Leidner around.
我想她觉得和利德勒小姐在一起挺压抑的
Ah. Whoops.
啊 哦
That was a good one.
这个真不错
We don't have to get there in five minutes,you know.
我们又不急着投胎
That's half the fun. You're getting old,Uncle Arthur.
这还不是最好玩的呢 你老啦 亚瑟叔叔
Speaking for myself,Monsieur Coleman,
说真的 科尔曼先生
I have aged ten years
距我第一次坐这种车
since I entered this automobile.
已经有十年了
It's none of your damn business how I behave.
我怎么生活不关你的事
Of course it's my business.
当然关我的事
Now,you listen to me,Mr Richard Carey
听我说 理查德·凯里
Oh,there you are,Louise.
哦 你在这啊 露易丝
I thought Miss Johnson might be up here.
我以为约翰逊小姐会过来呢
She's just going out to the dig.
她去挖掘现场了
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表