Madame Mercado,
梅卡尔多夫人
could you please tell me what you were doing
请告诉我在她死亡的这段时间
at the time of her death.
您在做什么
I was washing my hair.
我在洗头
It seems so awful,I was quite happy and busy.
这太吓人了 我当时很忙很开心
So,you did not leave this room?
你并没有离开屋子?
Not until I came out and heard what had happened.
直到我出去然后听说了发生的事
It was awful.
太吓人了
Did it surprise you?
你很惊讶吗?
What do you mean?
你什么意思?
Oh no,it's just that she might have confided to you something.
哦 不 她有没有向你透露过什么
No. No,dear Louise never told me anything.
哦 没有 露易丝从没和我说过什么
Anything definite,that is.
没有说过什么确定的事
Of course,there were the faces at windows and so forth.
就说窗户那儿有脸之类的
So there's nothing that you could think of
你还有什么线索
that would help us in any way?
能提供我们的么?
No.
没了
No,there isn't.
没有了
Monsieur Mercado,
梅卡尔多先生
could you tell me what you were doing at that time?
你能告诉我当时你在做什么吗?
I?
我?
Um...
恩...
You were in your laboratory,Joseph.
你在实验室 约瑟夫
Yes,I was.
哦 对的
My usual tasks.
我的日常工作
And at what time did you go there?
你什么时候去的那里?
At ten minutes to one.
是12:50
That's right.
没错
Did you come out into the courtyard at all? No!
你有没有进入过庭院? 没有!
It's horrible.
太吓人了
I,I,I can't.
我 我 我不能
It's so horrible.
太吓人了
We mustn't give way,Joseph.
我们不能放弃 约瑟夫
Well,no way in from here obviously.
好吧 肯定不是从这里进去的
The window was shut anyway.
窗子是关着的
Why do you think Mercado was so upset?
你觉得梅卡尔多为什么这么不安?
He's a rum cove,I must say.
他就是个酒鬼
It is probably as his wife says,Hastings,
有可能就如他妻子所说 黑斯廷斯
he is still shaken by the attack on him the other day
他被前一天工人的袭击
by the workman.
吓得不轻
Tell me,Dr Leidner,
利德勒博士
your love for your wife was your ruling passion.
你对妻子的爱是你生活的重心
That is true,is it not?
是么?
Yes.
没错
Then I must demand from you the whole truth.
那我必须问您点事情
I assure you,Mr Poirot,I've kept nothing back.
我保证 波罗 我知无不言 言无不尽
No,no,no.
不不不
For example,you have not told to me
比如 你还没有告诉我
why you invited to join the expedition
为什么你邀请丽瑟莲护士
Nurse Leatheran.
来到考古小队
I've explained that
我已经解释过了
my wife's nervousness,her fears.
我妻子很紧张 很害怕
No,no,no,doctor.
不不不 医生
Your wife,she is in danger,yes.
你的妻子身处险境 没错
She is threatened with death,yes.
她受到了死亡威胁 没错
And you send not for the police,not even for a private detective
但是你没有送她去警署 也没找私♥家♥侦♥探♥
but for a nurse.
反而去找了护士
I thought...
我觉得...
..I...
我...
You see,doctor,it all rings,
博士 一切都很明了
except for that one thing.
除了一点
Why a nurse?
为什么是护士?
Well,there is an answer,
好吧 有个解释
in fact,there can only be one answer
其实 也只有这一个解释
that you did not really believe that your wife,she was in danger.
就是你并不相信你妻子身处险境
God help me.
天哪
I didn't.
我没有
Doctor,did you suspect that
博士 你有没有怀疑过
your wife wrote those letters herself?
这些恐吓信是你妻子自己写的?
I thought that maybe worrying and brooding over the past
我觉得对过去无法释怀
might have possibly affected her mind.
可能在她心里留下了阴影
I thought she might have somehow written those letters to herself
我觉得她可能是无意识的
without being conscious of having done so.
给自己写了这些信
That is possible,isn't it?
这是有可能的 对吧?
There are,as I see it,three possibilities.
据我看 有三种可能
Three? Oui.
三种? 恩
Solution number one: and the simplest
假设一 也是最简单的
William Bosner,the young,unstable brother
威廉·博斯纳 利德勒女士前夫
of the first husband of Madame Leidner
那个不稳定的弟弟
still seeks the vengeance.
还在伺机报复
First he threatens her and then he carries out his threats.
首先他威胁她 然后再进行实施
But if we accept this solution
但如果这个假设成立的话
then we have the problem of how he entered and departed
那他是怎么潜入和离开
without being observed.
而又不被发现的呢
And the second?
第二个呢?
Solution number two
第二个假设
that for reasons of her own,
因为她自己的原因
Madame Leidner writes to herself
利德勒女士
those letters that are most threatening.
自己给自己写恐吓信
I thought that was the idea you favoured.
我觉得你更倾向于这种观点
But if this was true,
但如果这是真的
then the letters have nothing to do with the murder.
那么那些信就和谋杀毫无关系
But now we come to solution number three.
接下来是第三种假设
And to my mind,the most interesting.
在我看来 这种情况最有意思
I suggest the letters,they are genuine.
我假设这些信都是真的
That they are written by William Bosner,
都是由威廉·博斯纳
the young brother-in-law of Madame Leidner
利德勒夫人的小叔子所写
and that actually he is one of the staff of the expedition.
而他恰好就是考古队中的一员
Excuse me.
失陪
I joined the expedition only about a month ago,
我是奉迦太基的"白色圣父团"的命令
from the order of the Pere Blancs of Carthage.
在一个月前才加入探险队的
And before your arrival here,mon Pere,
那么在你来之前 "圣父大人"
did you at any time make the acquaintance with Madame Leidner?
您是否已经与利德勒夫人认识呢?
No.
没有
I'd never seen the lady until I met her here.
来这儿之前我从未见过这位夫人
The other day,Captain Hastings saw
前几天 黑斯廷斯上校看到
you talk to a man outside,
您和一个在外面的男子说话
and yet previously this very same man
很显然这男子
had been seen trying to peer in at one of the windows.
正打算在窗户那里偷♥窥♥
It looked as if he was hanging around the place deliberately.
他似乎是有意在那儿溜达的
That's what I thought.
当时我也是这么想的
I asked him what he was doing and told him to go away.
我问他他在干什么并叫他走开
Bon.
很好
Father Lavigny is out of the question,he's a well known man.
拉维涅神父没有问题 他是个很有名的人
Anyway,he only joined the expedition last month.
不管怎么说 他加入探险队才一个月
I happened to take the telegram from Dr Leidner
利德勒博士邀请他来巴格达的电报
asking him to join into Baghdad and sent it myself
就是我发的
Dr Byrd had been taken ill,
伯德博士当时病了
had to go back to Boston.
需要回波士顿
But you do not appreciate a point of importance,Superintendant.
不过您忽略了一个关键点 警长
If it is William Bosner who has done this thing,
如果是威廉·博斯纳做的这些
where has he been all these years?
那他这些年都干嘛去了?
He must have taken a different name,
他一定是换了名字
he must have built up for himself a career.
还找了份工作
The Countess Rossakoff?
露斯考夫女伯爵来了吗?
I'm afraid not Monsieur Poirot.
恐怕还没有 波罗先生
Good night.
晚安
I didn't even know Mrs Leidner had been married before.
我不知道原来利德勒夫人结过婚
Oh yes,American.
哦 是的 嫁了美国人
Went to the bad during the war.
开战后就分开了
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表