He had a watch and he told me the time.
他有表 他告诉了我时间
I then went back to the hotel,got changed
后来我回到了旅馆 换了衣服
and arrived at the tennis court at 12 o'clock on the dot.
在十二点整到了网球场
That was when we heard...
就是那个时候 我们听到...
And had you,at any time,seen Arlena Stuart this morning?
你今天早上有见到阿伦娜·斯图尔特吗?
No,I hadn't. I did't want to.
不 没有 我不想见到她
Were you surprised at her death?
你对她的死感到惊讶吗?
Surprised? No.
惊讶? 不
I was shocked,but not exactly surprised.
我很震惊 但并不惊讶
A woman of that sort mixed up in everyhing that's sordid.
一个声名狼藉的女人
Blackmail,jealousy,violence...
敲诈 嫉妒 暴♥力♥...
What do you mean,blackmail?
你是什么意思 敲诈?
Well,it was something I overheard. What?
嗯 这是我偷听到的 什么?
Last night,Mrs. Stuart received a telephone call.
昨天晚上 斯图尔特太太接到了一个电♥话♥
That's right,it was just before dinner.
是的 就在晚饭之前
Well,I happened to be passing and I overheard what she was saying.
嗯 我正好路过 听到了她说的话
I suppose it was wrong of me to eavesdrop...
我知道偷听是不对的
Non,non... please.
不不 请说
Someone was asking her for money. She said she couldn't get anymore.
有人在向她要钱 她说她再也拿不到了
She said she was going to tell her husband everything.
她说她会把一切告诉她的丈夫
Those were her very words.
她就是这么说的
But you didn't get any name? I mean,was it a man or a woman?
你没有听到名字吗? 那是个男人还是女人?
I have no idea. I didn't want to be seen,specially by her,
我不知道 我不想被看到 特别是被她看到
so I hurried on into dinner.
所以我匆忙去吃晚饭
But it was blackmail,I'm sure of it.
但那是敲诈 我很确定
Blackmail! That was tied with the telegram you found.
敲诈! 这肯定和你发现的电报有关
Nathan,the man in New York.
南森 那个纽约的男人
So it might seem.
看来好像是的
But it doesn't make sense. Arlena didn't have any money,did she?
但这说不通 阿伦娜没有钱 不是吗?
Au contraire, Chief-Inspector. She was a woman of wealth of her own right.
相反 探长 她是个很有钱的女人
The Erskine scandal. Sir Roger Erskine.
厄斯金丑闻 很明显
Apparently he left her a fortune.
罗杰·厄斯金爵士给她留下了一大笔钱
It'd be interesting to know how much of it's left.
知道钱还剩多少一定很有意思
It would indeed,Chief-Inspector.
是的 探长
She must have a lawyer,or a bank manager.
她肯定有律师或是银行经理
I suppose we can ask her husband.
我想我们可以问问她的丈夫
Non,non,non,Chief-Inspector.
不不不 探长
I think it better that we do not inform Mr. Marshall of this.
我觉得我们最好不要把这事告诉马歇尔先生
Miss Lemon,she will make the inquiries for me.
莱蒙小姐 她会帮我问的
I must telephone to her at once.
我必须马上给她打电♥话♥
Yes,Mr. Poirot,I'm still here.
是的 波罗先生 我还在这儿
How are you?
你好吗?
Oh,Mr. Poirot,it wasn't meant to be a busman's holiday.
噢 波罗先生 这不应该是个用来工作的假日
Very well.
好的
Right. I'll get onto it first thing tomorror.
好的 我明天会首先处理这件事
In normal circumstances,the information you requested would be considered confidencial.
在正常情况下 你想要的信息是保密的
I quite understand,Mr. Applegood. However,
我很理解 阿波古德先生 但是
I must say the bank was already gravely concearned about Mrs. Marshall
我要说 银行很关心马歇尔太太
and,given the circumstances of her death,
考虑到她的死
and the fact that Mr. Poirot was involved...
而且是波罗先生在调查此案...
Six weeks ago,Mrs. Marshall came to my office
六个星期之前 马歇尔太太来到我的办公室
and instructed me to withdraw a very large sum of money from her account.
让我从她的账户取了一大笔钱
The money was to be paid in bearer bonds.
这些钱是以不记名债券的方式支付的
Did she say what the money was for?
她有说这些钱是用来干什么吗?
I'm affraid not.
没有
I did try to illicit from her what her intentions were,
我试图问出她的意图
but she said it was her own private business
但她说这是她的私事
and I felt unable to press her further.
我就不好再逼她了
How did she seem,Mr. Applegood?
她看起来怎么样 阿波古德先生?
Was she nervous,or affraid?
她紧张吗? 害怕吗?
Neither.
都没有
She was determined.
她很有决心
That would be the best word to describe her.
这样说最合适
I don't suppose you can tell me how much of her money was involved.
你能不能告诉我涉及的金额有多大?
I don't see why it'd make any difference now.
告不告诉你已经没什么差别了
We're talking all of it. Just about her entire fortune.
是所有的金额 她所有的财产
Mr. Redfern?
雷德福先生?
I had wondered when you'd be coming talk to me.
我还在想你什么时候会来找我呢
You're the Police?
你是警♥察♥吗?
Chief-Inspector Japp. Scotland Yard.
贾普探长 伦敦警♥察♥厅的
To be honest,sir,I find it a little strange
老实说 先生 我觉得很奇怪
you carrying on all this as if nothing had ever happened.
你表现得像是什么都没发生一样
What else am I meant to do? All this is so bloody horrible!
不然我该怎么做? 这些事太可怕了!
You're forgetting that I was the one who found her.
你忘记了尸体是我发现的
I am just trying to put it out of my mind.
我只是想把这事忘掉
Mr. Redfern,did you anticipate
雷德福先生 你昨天是打算
to find Mme. Marshall yesterday at the beach?
在海滩和马歇尔太太碰面吗?
No,as a matter of fact,I was looking for her,
不 事实上 当我在梯台遇到你的时候
when I met you on the terrace.
我正在找她
But I didn't know where had she gone.
但我不知道她去了哪里
Why were you looking for her,sir?
你为什么要找她 先生?
Well,it's not easy to explain.
嗯 这事不太好解释
Au contraire, Mr. Redfern. To explain it,I think it's most simple.
相反 雷德福先生 解释这事才是最简单的
You were in love with Mme. Marshall.
你爱上了马歇尔太太
Not in love. Infatuated.
不是爱上了 是迷恋
I hope you realize that this "infatuation" of yours
我希望你知道你的迷恋
could very well be the reason for Mrs. Marshall's death.
可能就是马歇尔太太死亡的原因
What do you mean?
你什么意思?
Well,if her husband were coherent of it...
如果她的丈夫知道的话...
What? He'd have strangled her. Kenneth is not this sort.
怎么? 他会掐死她? 肯尼思不是这样的人
What about your wife?
那你的妻子呢?
Christine had nothing to do with it.
克里斯蒂和此事无关
If she was gonna kill anyone,she probably woul have killed me.
如果她想杀人的话 她想杀的会是我
And anyway,it's impossible.
不管怎么说 这不可能
What makes you so sure of it,monsieur?
你怎么能这么确定呢 先生?
Because I saw the body,that's why.
因为我看到了尸体 这就是原因
And it had to be a man.
凶手一定是个男人
I saw what had be done to her neck. And it was man's hands.
我看到了她的脖子 那一定是一双男人的手
You know it and so do I.
你知道 我也知道
But I only wanna go to the mainland for a couple of hours. Just to clear my head.
但我只是想去陆地上几个小时 只是去醒醒脑
I'm sorry,Ma'am. I'll take that for now.
对不起 夫人 这个暂时给我吧
What? Mr. Poirot!
什么? 波罗先生!
Is it really true that no one can leave the island?
真的是任何人都不能离开小岛吗?
I'm affraid I'm keeping everyone here,until I've completed my investigations.
调查结束前 我不得不把大家留在岛上
Mlle. Brewster,there is something that I do wish to ask you.
布鲁斯特小姐 我有点事情想问你
Oh,yes...?
噢 是什么?
We spoke together of Arlena Stuart
发现尸体前一天
the day before they discovered the body.
我们一起谈论过阿伦娜·斯图尔特
Yes,I was wondering when you'd ask me about that .
是的 我还在想你什么时候会来问我呢
And you said...
你说
That I'd be happy to stick a hat pin in her.
我会很愿意用帽针♥刺♥她
I wasn't being serious.
我是说笑的
A year ago,I invested money in a play she was starring.
一年前 我在她参演的戏剧中投资了很多钱
But,after the first performance,she just walked out.
但是首次演出之后 她就退出了
So you lost your investment. All of it.
所以你的钱打了水漂 所有的钱
Of course I was annoyed,
我当然很生气
but it was a stupid thing to say. I really didn't mean it.
但是我那样说很愚蠢 我真是不是那个意思
An unfortunate cohincindence.
不幸的巧合
But I was nowhere near the beach when it happened.
但是案件发生的时候 我不在海滩附近
And Mr. Redfern was with me when we found her.
我们发现她的时候 雷德福先生和我在一起
It must have been a great shock to you to discover the body.
发现尸体对你来说一定很震惊
It was horrible.
很恐怖
At first,she didn't look dead.
起初 她看起来不像是死了
It looked as if she was sunbathing.
看起来她是在晒日光浴
But then you moved more close. And I saw at once.
但是当你走近点 我马上就看到了
There was something unnatural in the way she was lying.
她躺着的方式有点不太正常
Her arms... And underneath her tan...
她的手臂...在她的棕色皮肤下...
She had a lovely tan,before even she arrived here,
在她来这里之前 她的肤色就是漂亮的棕色
but there was a sort of paleness...
但是下面还有一种苍白色
The paleness of death. Yes.
死亡的惨白色 是的
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表