剧集 | 另一个黑人女孩(2023) | 导航列表
进来吧!
Come in!
嗯。
Hm.
Anna Voorhies,Cooper's Review主编。
Anna Voorhies, Editor-in-Chief of Cooper's Review.
很高兴认识你,威尔逊女士?
It's lovely to meet you, Ms. Wilson?
受访人:您好。请叫我尚塔尔。
INTERVIEWEE: Hi. Please, call me Chantal.
你的文笔很好,尚塔尔。
Your writing is very good, Chantal.
你把戴安娜·戈登的作品列为你的最爱?
You cite Diana Gordon's work as your favorite?
Y--呃,她是我想成为一名作家的全部原因。
Y-- Uh, she's the whole reason I wanna be a writer.
嗯,她绝对是一个偶像。
Well, she's definitely an icon.
呃,她说成功是可以达到的,真是太棒了
Uh, it's just brilliant how she says that success can be reached
由。。。下降我们归因的社会阶梯
by... descending our ascribed social ladder
而不是攀登它。
rather than climbing it.
说得好。
That's well said.
你绝对是一个令人印象深刻的年轻女士
You're definitely an impressive young lady
亲自,但人力资源似乎出现了混淆。
in person, but there seems to have been a mix-up in HR.
我们的编辑助理职位需要大学学位。
Our editorial assistant position requires a college degree.
我知道我是 - 我知道我不是你的,呃,典型的候选人,
I know I'm-- I know I'm not your, uh, typical candidate,
但。。。我-我是库珀的忠实粉丝,
but... I-I'm a huge Cooper's fan,
从大一开始,我就读了每一♥期♥。
and I've read every single issue since my freshman year.
我们说的是高中?
We're talking high school?
是的。。。是的。
Yes... Yeah.
嗯,我是我妈妈的住家看护人。
Um, I'm a live-in caretaker for my mom.
她有残疾,所以当我不和她在一起时,我会工作。
She's on disability, so when I'm not with her, I'm working.
路弗尔酒吧和格栅。
Lovell's Bar and Grille.
他们有一个很好的蛤蜊杂烩。
They have a good clam chowder.
谢谢。
Thanks.
但。。。大学,你知道,只是,没有时间。
But... college, you know, there's just, there's just no time.
嗯,我们住在波士顿,有很多当地学校。
Well, we live in Boston and there's plenty of local schools.
或者你可以上夜校。
Or you could attend night school.
我晚上工作。
I work nights.
许多大学提供强大的经济援助计划
Many colleges offer strong financial aid packages
说明不同背景的学生
to help students across varying backgrounds
为了负担得起学校教育,所以如果-- -是的,好吧,我妈妈需要我。
to afford schooling, so if-- - Yeah, well, my mom needs me.
是的,我是--
Yeah, I'm--
我——我只是——我——我真的不能告诉你我——我有多想要这个。
I-I just-- I-I really can't tell you how much I-I want this.
我——我,我是一个勤奋的人。
I-I'm, I'm a hard worker.
我已经四次成为本月最佳员工,我可以学到任何东西。
I've been employee of the month four times and I can learn anything.
而这份工作,它将说明我找到一个全职的看护人。
And this job, it would help me get a caretaker full-time.
所以,呃,一周中的任何一天,任何时间,我——我都会在这里。
So, uh, any day of the week, any time, I-I'll be here.
请不要打折我
Please just don't discount me
因为我没有合适的机会。
because I didn't have the right opportunities.
好吧,也许你可以申请我们的无薪实习之一。
Well, perhaps you could apply for one of our unpaid internships.
家人说他们的小孩受到创伤
The family says their young child is traumatized
在一名男子在比奇蒙特车站外向他们暴露自己之后
after a man exposed himself to them just outside of the Beachmont station
今天一大早。
early this morning.
监控摄像头显示该男子走近然后闪过家人,
Surveillance cameras show the man approaching and then flashing the family,
在被旁观者赶走之前。
before being chased away by a bystander.
警方目前正在与NBTA官员合作寻找嫌疑人。
Police are currently working with NBTA officials to locate the suspect.
有什么好东西吗?
Anything good?
有些人把自己暴露在蓝线上的一个瑞典家庭面前。
Some creep exposed himself to a Swedish family on the Blue Line.
你穿什么』?
What are you wearin'?
没有『。
It's nothin'.
你为此付出了多少?- 我在善意得到了它。
How much did ya pay for it? - I got it at Goodwill.
我以为你是去买♥♥杂货的。
I thought you were goin' to get groceries.
不,我不能。
No, I can't.
我有额外的班次,所以我回家很晚。
I have an extra shift at work, so I'll be home really late.
我明天就去找他们。
I'll just get 'em tomorrow.
为什么你看起来这么花哨?
Why you look so fancy?
我有一个采访...与库珀的评论。
I had an interview... with Cooper's Review.
怎么回事?
How did it go?
不好。
Not good.
已经找到了一份好工作。
Got a good job already.
库珀是一份好工作。
Cooper's is a good job.
我会有保险的。
I would've had insurance.
我会有自己的办公桌。这是朝九晚五。
I would've had my own desk. It's a nine to five.
朝九晚五?
Nine to five?
谁会带我去看汉利医生?
Who's gonna take me to see Dr. Hanley?
如果我得到那份工作,
If I had gotten that job,
我可以付钱请人来帮忙。
I could've paid someone to come and help out.
你知道我对此的感受。
You know how I feel about that.
让陌生人进入我的家,嗯。
Letting strangers into my home, mm-mm.
外面有人...训练有素地做到这一点。
There are people out there... trained to do this.
受过照顾妈妈的训练?
Trained to take care of your mom?
装备比我好的人。
People who are better equipped than me.
你为什么不能让泰去买♥♥杂货?
Why couldn't you ask Ty to go get the groceries?
他去锻炼了。
He went to work out.
他只有17岁。
He's only 17.
是的,好吧,当我 17 岁时,我有一份全职工作
Yeah, well, when I was 17, I had a full-time job
我正在照顾一切。
and I was taking care of everything.
但让他们不受干扰地做饭
But letting them cook undisturbed
是什么会有助于发展那么好——
is what's going to help develop that nice--
你想...上班前玩一局纸牌?
Do you wanna... play a game of cards before I go to work?
你确定要踢你的屁♥股♥吗
Are you sure you wanna get your ass kicked
轮班前?
before your shift?
谢谢。
Thank you.
谢谢。
Thank you.
哇,我已经有一段时间没有回到哈佛了。
Wow, it's been a while since I've been back here at Harvard.
好吧,让我们进入我晚上最喜欢的部分。
All right, let's get to my favorite part of the evening.
谁有问题?
Who's got questions?
哦!后面的速举手,是吗?
Oh! The speed-hand-raiser in the back, yes?
你好!哦。
Hello! Oh.
哇。嗯。
Wow. Um.
嗨。
H-Hi.
你好。
Hi.
我是,我是超级粉丝...明显地。
I'm, I'm a huge fan... obviously.
嗯,
Um,
我-我有很多问题。
I-I have a ton of questions.
呃,从一个开始,亲爱的。
Uh, start with one, honey.
地方。
Places.
Y-你在小说中对地点的使用,
Y-Your use of places in your novels,
怎么...影响事物?
how does that... affect things?
哇,棘手的问题。[嘲笑]
Wow, askin' the tough questions. [scoffs]
我的意思是...不仅仅是...设置
What I mean is... not just the... setting,
但。。。你在自己的生活中的位置。
but... where you were in your own life.
我不知道,我经常想知道作者欠人♥民♥什么
I don't know, I often wonder what the authors owe the people
他们的小说就是基于此。
that their novels are based on.
和。。。如果他们欠人♥民♥,
And... if they owe the people,
然后。。。他们也欠他们写的城市吗?
then... do they also owe the cities that they write about?
这是一个棘手的问题。
That is a tough question.
你是对的,
And you're right,
我自己的故事背景是必不可少的。
the setting of my own story is essential.
伊薇来自芝加哥,因为我是一个城市女孩。
Evie comes from Chicago because I'm a city girl.
她逃离路易士安那州,因为我的祖母在那里长大
She escapes Louisiana because my grandmother grew up there
我感到与它有联♥系♥。
and I felt connected to it.
我们的故事与我们是谁有著错综复杂的联♥系♥
Our stories are intricately linked to who we are
以及我们来自哪里。
and where we come from.
哇,谢谢。
Wow, thank you.
谢谢。
Thank you.
你在这里学什么?
What are you studying here?
嗯,
Um,
英语。。。文献。
English... literature.
我一生中从未见过她。
I've never seen her before in my life.
你会背他妈的吗?
Would you just back the fuck off?
嗯。
Um.
你好。
Hi.
嗯,
Um,
我没有——呃,呃,呃。
I didn't-- Uh, uh, uh.
对不起。
I'm sorry.
没关系。
It's okay.
没关系。
It's okay.
剧集 | 另一个黑人女孩(2023) | 导航列表