剧集 | 另一个黑人女孩(2023) | 导航列表
告诉我你的第一个专案。
Tell me about your first project.
嗯。
Um.
燃烧的心。
Burning Heart.
这是35周年纪念日,而且...我想你——
It's the 35th anniversary, and... I think that you--
瓦格纳应该重新发布。
that Wagner should do a rerelease.
继续。- 哇,好吧。
Go on. - Wow, okay.
I-I,呃,实际上与损益有一个完整的演示,
I-I, uh, actually have a whole presentation with P&Ls,
和艺术模型,我们可以做一个新的前言,
and art mock-ups, and we could do a new foreword,
也许是戴安娜·戈登或肯德拉·雷·菲力浦斯?
maybe by Diana Gordon or Kendra Rae Phillips?
不。
No.
对不起?
S-Sorry?
不。肯德拉·雷·菲力浦斯是不可能的。
No. Kendra Rae Phillips is not possible.
我知道自从她离开出版界以来,没有人收到她的消息,
I know that no one has heard from her since she left publishing,
但我们可以找到她。
but we could find her.
我能找到她。
I could find her.
我真的很抱歉。我没有--
I'm really sorry. I didn't--
我不应该提出来。我不知道我在想什么。
I shouldn't have brought it up. I don't know what I was thinking.
你知道,经过这么长时间,
You know, after all this time,
《燃烧的心》还是我职业生涯中最引以为豪的事情吗?
Burning Heart is still the thing I'm most proud of in my career?
而肯德拉·雷·菲力浦斯是我最大的遗憾。
And Kendra Rae Phillips is my biggest regret.
这本书出版几周后,
Couple weeks after the book came out,
他们在地铁站台上发现了她的包和身份证,
they found her bag and her ID on a subway platform,
再也没有人听到她的消息。
no one ever heard from her again.
这是官方的说法。
That's the official story.
但那是胡说八道。
But that's bullshit.
肯德拉·雷(Kendra Rae)结束了自己的生命。
Kendra Rae took her own life.
伤透了我的心。
Broke my heart.
我很抱歉你的损失。
I am so sorry for your loss.
我并不是要在这里不合时宜地说话,
And I don't mean to speak out of turn here,
但是我们不应该重新发行这本书吗?
but shouldn't we do a rerelease of the book?
为了纪念肯德拉·雷?
To honor Kendra Rae?
你知道,你让我想起了她。
You know, you remind me of her.
无论你多么反对它,你都无法将一个想法保留在内心。
You cannot keep an idea inside no matter how up against it you are.
明天再说吧。
Let's talk about it more tomorrow.
也许那里有什么东西。
Maybe there's something there.
真?
Really?
真。
Really.
晚安,内拉。
Goodnight, Nella.
♪ Living in the Moment by Coops and Isabelle Brown playing ♪
♪ Livin' in the moment ♪
肯尼!
Kenny!
戴安娜,你是什么 - 看,你不能只是出现在这里。
Diana, what are you-- Look, you can't just show up here.
但我带了三明治。
But I brought sandwiches.
是的,我不能吃那些。
Yeah, I can't eat those.
什么?- 另外,我不能离开去吃午饭。
What? - Also, I can't leave for lunch.
我就是不能让他们认为我在偷懒。
I just can't let them think I'm slacking.
瓦格纳一直在努力工作你。
Wagner has been working you too hard.
那是理查吗?
Is that Richard?
那是你的老板?
That's your boss?
现在,退出。- 嗯嗯,「蹭我?
Now, quit. - Mm-mm. 'Scuse me?
你是理查·瓦格纳吗?-我是。
Are you Richard Wagner? - I am.
对不起。我只是想说你有这样一个超级巨星
I'm sorry. I just wanted to say that you have such a superstar
在我的朋友肯德拉·雷·菲力浦斯这里。
in my friend, Kendra Rae Phillips, here.
我们很幸运能拥有她。
We're lucky to have her.
她从不在电梯上和我打招呼,但我明白了。
She never says hello to me on the elevator, but I get it.
我很可怕。- 哦。
I'm scary. - Oh.
你叫什么名字?- 我是戴安娜·戈登。
What's your name? - I'm Diana Gordon.
我是一名作家。- 她有什么好处吗?
I'm a writer. - She any good?
呃,是的,她太棒了。
Uh, yes, she's fantastic.
嗯,早期的福克纳与安杰卢混在一起,但仍然是戴安娜独有的。
Um, early Faulkner mixed with Angelou, but still uniquely Diana.
好吧,你必须告诉我你在做什么。
Well, you'll have to show me what you're workin' on.
也许在午餐时比你在那里吃的更令人兴奋。
Maybe over a lunch a little more exciting than what you have there.
我会喜欢的。-伟大。
I'd love that. - Great.
五点下楼见我?我们三个人,可以聊聊。
Meet me downstairs in five? The three of us, we can talk shop.
很高兴认识你,戴安娜。
It was nice to meet you, Diana.
同样。
Likewise.
呃,呃,呃。
Uh, uh, uh.
你能相信吗?
Can you believe that?
你没事吧?怎么了?
You okay? What's wrong?
你来这里是为了和我共进午餐,还是只是为了向我的老板推销自己?
Did you come here to have lunch with me or just to pitch yourself to my boss?
哇,什么?我只是帮了我们俩一个忙。
Whoa, what? I just did us both a favor.
我们正在与瓦格纳图书的瓦格纳共进午餐。
We are having lunch with the Wagner of Wagner Books.
你现在是认真的吗?
Are you serious right now?
不,你是对的。你是对的。
No, you're right. You're right.
我们去吃午饭吧。[戴安娜/肯德拉笑]
Let's go to lunch. [Diana/Kendra laugh]
那可能是这样,所以,所以,太糟糕了。
That could've been so, so, so, so bad.
啊!但事实并非如此,我告诉过你。
Ah! But it wasn't, I told you.
哦,我的上帝,这就是可♥卡♥因♥的感觉吗?
Oh, my God, is this what cocaine feels like?
是的,不是。-哦。
Yeah, no. - Oh.
你有很大的潜力,内拉。只是...需要解锁。
You have so much potential, Nella. It just... needs to be unlocked.
我的意思是,他对肯德拉·雷·菲力浦斯所说的话不是很疯狂吗?
And I mean, wasn't it so crazy what he said about Kendra Rae Phillips?
哦,我明白了。
Oh, I get it.
她完全是孤独的,她只是...丢了。
She was totally alone and she just... lost it.
是的。。。我的意思是,感谢上帝,我们不是...独自。
Yeah... I mean, thank God we're not... alone.
不再了。
Not anymore.
奇怪的想法,我们应该得到更多的食物吗?
Weird thought, should we get more food?
你知道吗?我很高兴你说了些什么'
You know what? I'm glad you said somethin'
因为我开始怀疑24小时拉面是不是一回事?
because I was startin' to wonder if 24-hour ramen was a thing?
哦,发明它。立即发明它。
Ooh, invent it. Invent it right now.
想过去...?- 哦,是的!
Wanna go over...? - Ooh, yes!
内拉/黑兹尔: 计程车!
NELLA/HAZEL: Taxi!
你好!我们正在寻找一些拉面。
Hi! We're looking for some ramen.
事情发生了变化。
Things have changed.
我需要你。
I need you.
剧集 | 另一个黑人女孩(2023) | 导航列表