Hey,where are you going?
这边直走 走吧
Straight this way,Come on.
这位是威尔逊先生
This is Mr. Wilson.
直接进去吧 威尔逊先生
Right in you go Mr. Wilson.
非常合适
Admirably suited.
完全符合要求
Every requirement.
静下来了
Very quiet.
恭喜您 威尔逊先生
Congratulations Mr. Wilson.
再迟疑就太不对了
It would be injustice to hesitate.
您不介意我采取谨慎措施吧?
You will I'm sure excuse me if I take an obvious precaution.
眼泪都流出来了
Tears in your eyes.
想必是真头发了
I perceive all is as it should be.
我们不得不小心防范
We have to be careful.
被假发骗过两次 被颜料骗过一次
Twice deceived by wigs,once by paint.
还有用鞋蜡来玩花招的
I could tell you tales of cobblers wags
您听了准会感到恶心
that would disgust you with human nature.
我叫邓肯·罗斯
My name is Duncan Ross.
我自己就是基金的受益人
I am myself a pension upon a fund left by
这是一位尊贵的捐赠者遗留的
a noble benefactor.
就知道你要问我 伊乔基亚·霍普金斯先生的事
I see you're about to question me about Mr. Ethic Guya Hopkins.
他自己长了一头红发
He was himself red headed.
他年轻时离开伦敦去了美国
In his youth he left London for America where he made
赚了好几百万美元
many millions of dollars.
他死后 人们发现他曾立下遗嘱
On his death it was found that he had instructed
吩咐财产托管人让他出生的这座城市中
a trustee in his will to make life a little easier
生活着的红发人日子过得舒适安逸
for the red headed men in the town of his birth.
绝妙的颜色
Wonderful color.
您的全名叫什么?威尔逊先生
Now what's your full name Mr. Wilson?
杰贝斯·威尔逊
Jay Beards Wilson.
杰贝斯·威尔逊 您结婚了吗?
Jay Beards Wilson and are you a married man,
威尔逊先生?
Mr. Wilson?
你有妻儿吗?
Do you have a family?
没有 我是个鳏夫
No,I'm a widower.
不 我从来就没有过什么家人
No,I never had any family.
哎呀 真遗憾听您这么说
Oh dear,sad to hear you say that.
本基金设立的目的就是为了
The fund of course is for the propagation
红发人更多地繁衍
and spread of red headed men
延续他们的血脉
as well as with their maintenance.
要是换了别人 这个缺点可能是不幸的
In another case the objection might be fatal.
但我想我们得破例照顾一下
However,I've think we've got to stretch a point
因为您的头发长得这么好
in favor of a man with such a head of hair as yours.
空缺已经有人了
The vacancy has been filled.
空缺有人了
The vacancy is filled.
现在请离开吧
Now,off you go.
不好意思
Sorry about that.
走吧
Off you go.
您什么时候可以来上班?
Now,when would you be free to start upon your new duties?
嗯 这事还有点不好办 因为我本身也有做买♥♥卖♥♥
Oh,well it is rather awkward as I do have a business already.
什么时候上班?
What would be the hours?
上午10点到下午2点
10:00 to 2:00.
上午生意倒清淡
Well the mornings are quiet.
我也有个伙计帮忙照看
I do have an assistant.
嗯 对我来说很合适
Yes,that would suit me very well.
薪水是每周四英镑?
And the money mentioned,four pounds a week.
没错
Correct.
干些什么活?
And the work?
纯属挂名
Purely nominal.
纯属挂名是什么意思?
Yes,but what do you call purely nominal?
就是说您必须待在办公室里
Well,you have to stay in the office
至少在工作时间内呆在这栋楼里
or at least in the building the whole time.
一旦离开 便会 永远丢掉这个职位
If you leave you forfeit your whole position forever.
对于这一点 遗嘱写得很清楚
The will is quite clear on that point.
噢 我不会离开的
Oh,I shouldn't dream of leaving.
任何借口都没用
No,excuse will avail.
不管是生病 有事 还是其他原因都不行
Not a sickness,business,anything else.
您必须待在这里 否则会丢掉这份工作
Here you will remain or else lose your ability.
哦 我清楚明白了
Oh,I am quite clear on that point.
具体的工作内容是什么呢?
But what exactly is the work?
您的工作是抄写<大英百科全书>
It is to copy out the encyclopedia Britannica.
这是第一卷
There is the first volume.
您得自备笔墨纸砚
You will supply the ink,paper and pen.
我们只提供桌椅
We will supply this desk and chair.
下星期一能开始上班吗?
Now would you be free to start next Monday morning?
是的 当然可以
Oh,yes,certainly.
那么再次祝贺您
Then once again my congratulations
杰贝斯·威尔逊先生 得到这个重要职务
Mr. Jay Beards Wilson on the most important position
你很幸运
you've been fortunate enough to gain.
真是完美的头发
Wonderful head of hair.
再见 威尔逊先生
Good bye Mr. Wilson.
干得好 威尔逊先生
Well done Mr. Wilson.
干得非常好
Well done indeed.
这条路最近 先生
This is the quickest way out sir.
哦
Oh.
这边走
This way.
我回到家仔细一想
When I got home the whole thing seemed
整件事情太荒谬了
on reflection to be quite ridiculous.
为什么?
Why?
谁会立下这样不寻常的遗嘱呢?
Who would make such an extraordinary will?
一个如此慷慨的百万富翁
Not a very generous millionaire to make you
竟让你自备笔墨纸砚
buy your own pen,ink,and paper.
就是说嘛 福尔摩斯先生
Exactly Mr. Holmes.
很快我便说服自己 这一定是个大骗局
I soon persuaded myself it was some great hoax or fraud.
但到了星期一早上 又觉得只有笨蛋才会
And then when Monday morning came along it seemed stupid
拒绝这样的好工作
to turn down a good job
所以 我去买♥♥了一瓶 一个便士的墨水
so,off I went and bought a penny bottle of ink
一只羽毛笔和七张大书写纸
and a pen and seven sheets of fools kept paper.
前往教皇院
And I set off for Popes Core.
早上好 威尔逊先生 欢迎您
Good morning,Mr. Wilson and welcome.
早上好
Good morning.
让我又惊又喜的是
Well to my surprise and delight
一切都很顺利
everything was as right as possible.
桌椅都摆好了
The table was set up ready for me
邓肯·罗斯先生也在那儿 等我了解工作内容后
and Mr. Duncan Ross was there to see I got fairly to work.
我的工作也就真正开始了
My employment had truly begun.
每天都是如此
The schedule never varied.
从早上10点开始干活 下午2点离开
My work started at 10:00 and ended at 2:00
12点半的时候有一小段时间吃午餐
with a small break for my lunch at half past 12:00.
每星期六下午2点 罗斯先生都会过来
Every Saturday at 2:00 Mr. Ross would come in
发给我一个星期的薪水
and give me my money.
称赞我抄写得真不赖
Compliment me upon the amount that I'd written
然后我们一起离开
and then we'd both leave.
最后罗斯先生把门锁上
Mr. Ross locking the door afterwards.
我发现朝鲜蓟非常迷人
The artichokes I found were positively fascinating.
他们也开花
They have a kind of a bloom on them but...
我觉得很有趣…
I thought that was very interesting...
再会
Good Morning.
噢 这份工作很有意思
Oh,the work was very interesting.
算盘
Abacus,
修道院
abbey,
建筑
architecture,
《使徒行传》
acts of the Apostles,
劣质品
adulteration,
解剖学
anatomy,
大猩猩
apes,
罗马引水道
aquaducts.
八个星期一晃而过 我差不多抄完
After eight weeks I'd fairly dealt with
以字母A开头的词条了 期望通过不懈努力
the letter "A" and was hoping the diligence
早日抄到B开头的词条 但今天早上
to get onto "B" when suddenly this morning
整件事情突然结束了
the whole business came to end.
我像往常一样去上班 发现门关着 锁了
I went to my work as usual but the door was shut
上面还有一张方形的卡片
剧集 | 福尔摩斯历险记(1984) | 导航列表