is very,very young.
而他的腋下夹了一本图画书
And the fact that he has a picture book under his arm
说明还有另外一个孩子
shows there is another child.
啊哈 梅拉斯先生来了
Aha,Mr. Merlas.
请进吧 先生
Come in,sir.
这些都是我的朋友
These are my friends.
这位是华生医生
This is Dr. Watson,
这是我的弟弟 夏洛克
and this is my younger brother,Sherlock.
你就是夏洛克·福尔摩斯先生?
You're Mr. Sherlock Holmes?
是我把梅拉斯先生叫来的
I've asked Mr. Merlas to step across.
他就住在我楼上
He lodges on the first floor above me,
我想你会对他的故事感兴趣的
and I thought you'd be interested in his story.
就是因为他 我才要你今天来的
He's the reason why I asked you to call today.
梅拉斯先生
Mr. Merlas,
他来找我…
he came to me,well...
我想还是让他自己
But I think I shall ask Mr. Merlas to tell
把他难忘的遭遇
his own very remarkable experiences
告诉你吧
in his own fashion.
谢谢你 福尔摩斯先生
Thank you,Mr. Holmes.
这些年来
For many years,
我在伦敦希腊翻译员中
I have been the chief
首屈一指
Greek interpreter in London.
警♥察♥恐怕是不会相信我所说的事的
I do not think that the police believe my story.
就连我自己都很难相信
On my word,I do not.
因为他们以前从未听过这样的事
Just because they have never heard of it before,
他们认为这样的事不可能发生
they think that such a thing cannot be.
但我知道 除非我弄清那个脸上
But I know that I shall never be easy in my mind
贴着橡皮膏的可怜人的遭遇
until I know what has become of my poor man
否则 我的心里是决不会轻松的
with a sticking plastered up on his face.
橡皮…
Sticky...
梅拉斯先生 你坐下说吧
Mr. Merlas,please sit down.
谢谢 福尔摩斯先生 我宁愿站着
Thank you,Mr. Holmes,I prefer to stand.
华生
Watson.
我都听着呢
I am all attention.
这一切都发生在两天前
All this happened only two days ago,
就是周一晚上
on Monday night.
正如之前说的 我是个希腊人
I am Greek by instruction.
以翻译为生
And earn my living as an interpreter.
在一些不寻常的时间
It often happens that I'm sent for at strange hours
常常会有一些有困难的外国人
by foreigners who would get into difficulties
或是晚到的游客
or by travelers who would arrive late
来找我帮他们翻译
and wish my services.
梅拉斯先生
Mr. Merlas?
什么事?
Yes?
我很抱歉现在提出这个请求
I apologize for this intrusion,
但我现在急需
but I need the services
一个翻译
of an interpreter immediately.
我的名字叫拉蒂默
My name is Latimer.
现在就要去?
Immediately?
确实很紧急才来找你的
I wouldn't insist unless it were urgent,
我有个希腊朋友因公事
but a Greek friend of mine has just arrived
刚来到这儿
in this country on business matter.
不幸的是
Unfortunately,he speaks nothing
他只会讲希腊语
but his own tongue.
我也只会讲英语
I likewise so.
梅拉斯先生 拜托你了
Mr. Merlas,please.
马车已经在外面等着了
My carriage is waiting outside.
很远吗?
How far away?
就在肯辛顿
Only to Kensington.
很抱歉挡住你的视线了
I'm sorry to have to cut off your view,Mr. Merlas,
我不能让你看到
but the fact is,I have no intention that you
我们要去的地方
should see the place to which we are driving.
如果你再找到原路回来
It might possibly be inconvenient to me
我会有小麻烦的
if you were able to find your way back again.
这实在是一种越规的行为 拉蒂默先生
This is very extraordinary conduct,Mr. Latimer.
要知道 你的行为
You must be aware that what you're doing
可是违法的
is quite illegal.
毫无疑问 这有点失礼
It is somewhat of a liberty,no doubt,
但我们会给你补偿的
but we'll make it up to you.
马车行使了将近两个小时
For nearly two hours,we drove,
但我丝毫不知道我在何处
without my having the least idea as to where I was.
你注意到
Did you not notice any change
轮子下的声音有什么变化吗?
of sound under the wheels?
我仔细听了 福尔摩斯先生
I listened,Mr. Holmes.
有时候好像走在石板路上
Sometimes we seemed to be on a paved causeway,
有时候又好像是柏油路
sometimes on asphalt,
但都不足以让我判断出到底身在何处
but there was nothing to tell me where I was.
没有其他的声音了吗
And no other sounds...
比如说轮船的汽笛声 或是教堂的钟声?
a ship's siren or church bell?
很抱歉 都没有
I'm sorry,nothing like that.
大约在什么时间
At what time
你们到了目的地?
did you finally reach your destination?
八点五十
Ten minutes to 9:00,exactly.
这位就是梅拉斯先生吗 哈罗德?
Is this Mr. Merlas,Harold.
是的
Yes.
做得好 哈哈哈
Well done,Ha Ha Ha,
做得好
well done.
我们没有恶意 梅拉斯先生
No ill will,Mr. Merlas,I trust,
可没有你 我们办不成事
but we could not get on without you.
如果你对我们诚实 你是不会后悔的
If you deal fair with us,you'll not regret it,
但如果你耍花招 那就自求多福吧
but if you try any tricks,God help you.
你们想要我做什么?
What do you want of me?
只是向拜访我们的希腊绅士
Only to ask a few questions
问几个问题
of a Greek gentleman who's visiting us,
并告诉我们他的答复
and to let us have the answers.
但是你不得多嘴
But,you say no more than you are told,
要不然 小心你的小命
or it were better you had never been born.
梅拉斯先生 请继续
Mr. Merlas,pray continue.
好的 然后这个人 恶毒的人
Well then,this man,this evil man,
把我带到了
showed me to a room which appeared to be
一间装♥修♥得很奇怪的房♥间
very curiously furnished.
房♥间的唯一光线来自一盏
But again,the only light was afforded by a single lamp,
拧得很小的灯
half turned down.
拿石板给他 哈罗德
The slate,Harold.
给他的手松绑
Are his hands loose?
拿着这个
Take this.
你可以问问题了 梅拉斯先生
You will ask the questions,Mr. Merlas,
他会把答案写下来的
and he will write the answers.
先问他
Ask him,first of all,
他是否准备好在文件上签字
whether he's prepared to sign the papers?
绝不签
"Never. "
没有商量的余地?
On no conditions?
他说 除非我亲眼看到
He writes,"only if I see her married
她在我认识的希腊牧师作证下结婚
in my presence by a Greek priest,whom I know. "
哈哈
Ha Ha.
那你知道等着你的会是什么吗?
You know what awaits you,then?
他说 他不在乎自己会怎样
He says,"I care nothing for myself. "
就这样
And so it went on,again and again
我不得不再三问他是否
I had to ask him whether he would give in
愿意签那份文件
and sign the document.
但得到的都是同样的答案
Again and again,I had the same indignant reply.
很快 我就产生了一个想法
But soon,a thought came to me.
我在每次发问时加上自己要问的话
I took to adding on little sentences of my own
起初只是些无关紧要的话
to each question,innocent ones at first,
来试探我身边这些人
to test whether either of our companions
是否能听懂希腊语
knew anything of the matter.
然后我发现 他们毫无反应
And then,as I found that they showed no sign,
我便大胆探问起来
I played a more dangerous game.
倔强对你没好处
This obstinacy is doing you no good.
他说 我不在乎
He says,"I care not. "
实际上 他还告诉我
剧集 | 福尔摩斯历险记(1984) | 导航列表