Oh,but not,I assure you,an hour of tedium.
让我们试试逗你开心
Let us see how we can best entertain and divert you.
喜欢好玩的故事吗 亨特小姐?
Do you enjoy funny stories,Miss Hunter?
是啊 为什么?
Why,yes.
好吧 那我就给你说几个
Well,then,I shall tell you some,
但我保证这都是真事儿
and all of them,I assure you,absolutely true.
让我给你讲讲乔治的事
Let me tell you about George.
他这个人极其特别
He is the most extraordinary character.
是这样
Well,it seems,
有人想去温切斯特
somebody wanted to find his way to Winchester,
然后乔治 真是个怪人
and George,he really is such an eccentric,
你可能会把他错当成稻草人
you might mistake him for a scarecrow,
我是说 他的腿总是劈开
I mean,his legs are all astray,
他的胳膊总是这样
his arms always thrust out like this,
他的头活像一个大头菜
his head shaved like a turnip,
他头上还带着与众不同的帽子
and on his head he wore the most extraordinary hat
然后 鲁卡斯尔先生
Then Mr. Rucastle,
在房♥间的另一边上蹿下跳
walking up and down on the other side of the room,
开始讲述我听过的
began to tell me a series of the funniest stories
最好笑的故事
I've ever listened to.
你们想不出他有多滑稽
You cannot imagine how comical he was.
我都笑累了
I laughed till I was quite weary.
两天以后完全相同的情景
Two days later this same performance
又上演了一遍
was gone through again.
这是上帝的和平 没人能够理解
This is the peace of God,that passes all understanding.
我的天哪 已经一个小时了?
Oh,bless my soul,is that the hour already?
时间过的真快 太有趣了 先生
Time has passed very quickly,and most amusingly,sir.
很高兴你这么说
Well,I'm glad to hear you say so.
现在该去干自己的工作了
But now,it is time for you to attend to your duties,
去换掉衣服
so go and change your dress,
然后去照顾小爱德华
and then look to little Edward in the nursery.
你不难想象 福尔摩斯先生
You can easily imagine,Mr. Holmes,
我是多么难以理解这种
how curious I became as to what the meaning
异乎寻常的表演
of this extraordinary performance could be.
我察觉到他们总是小心的让我脸背对窗户
Since my face was always turned away from the window,
我开始好奇想看看
I became consumed with the desire to see
背后到底有什么东西
what was going on behind my back.
下一次的表演中
On the very next occasion,
我想办法在手里握了一块镜子
I managed to conceal a small piece of mirror in my hand.
噢 乔治 我不能告诉你…
Oh,George,I can't tell you...
当我笑的时候
In the midst of my laughter,
我将手帕举到了眼前
I raised my handkerchief to my eyes,
稍微摆弄了一下
and was able with a little management
看看我背后有什么
to see all there was behind me.
什么也没有
There was nothing,
至少我第一印象如此
at least that was my first impression.
第二次看的时候
At second glance,however,
我察觉到有一个长胡子的男人
I perceived that there was a bearded man
靠在场地的围栏上
leaning against the railings which bordered our field,
认真的朝这边张望
and was looking up earnestly at the house.
我把举着的手帕放低 瞥了鲁卡斯尔夫人一眼
I lowered my handkerchief and glanced at Mrs. Rucastle,
发现她正犀利的盯着我
to find her eyes fixed upon me in a most searching gaze.
她没说什么
She said nothing,
但我相信她已经猜出我手中有镜子
but I'm convinced she divined I had a mirror in my hand.
杰夫罗 那边有个不三不四的家伙
Jephro,there is an impertinent fellow
盯着亨特小姐呢
who stares up at Miss Hunter.
真的?
Oh,does he indeed?
不是你的朋友吧?亨特小姐
No friend of yours,Miss Hunter?
不是 我在这里一个人也不认识
No,I know no one in these parts.
天啊 真是不礼貌
Oh,dear me,how very impertinent.
不可容忍♥
Quite intolerable.
请你转过身去
Kindly turn around,Miss Hunter,
示意他离开
and motion him to go away.
当然还是不理他更好
Surely it would be better if we took no notice.
什么 让他一直这样看下去吗?
What,and have him loitering here always?
不 转过去 亨特小姐
No,turn around,Miss Hunter,
像这样挥手让他离开
and wave him away like this.
这是一周之前的事
That was a week ago,
之后我就不再坐到窗户边
and from that time I have not sat in the window,
也没穿过蓝衣服
nor have I worn the blue dress,
更没见过那个长胡子的男人
nor seen the man with the beard.
但是 发生了别的事情
But something else occurred,
让你最终急匆匆来找我的事情
an event which caused you to summon me with such urgency?
是 是的 福尔摩斯先生
Yes,yes,oh,Mr. Holmes,
我从没有这么害怕过
I've never been so frightened.
不要害怕 亨特小姐
Do not distress yourself,Miss Hunter,
打起精神来 告诉我们是什么
compose yourself,and then tell us what it was.
房♥子边上有个塔楼
There is a turret to the house
看起来根本没人住在里面
which appears not to be inhabited at all.
一扇朝向那边通往托勒家的门
A door which faces that which leads into the quarters
可以从那扇门进入那间塔楼
of the Tollers opens into the turret,
但它通常是锁着的
but it is invariably locked.
直到昨天我才有机会
It was only yesterday that the chance came
走过那扇门
for me to pass beyond the door.
托勒?
Toller?
是的
Yes.
原来确实是你
So it was you,then.
我看到门开着的时候就想到了
I thought it must be when I saw the door open.
我很害怕
I'm so frightened.
我亲爱的女士
Oh,my dear young lady,
是什么吓着了你
oh,my dear young lady,what has frightened you,
我亲爱的年轻小姐
my dear young lady?
我太愚蠢了
I - I was foolish enough
跑到了锁着的塔楼上
to go up into the shuttered turret.
你注意到是锁着的?
You noticed it was shuttered then?
是的
Yes.
照相也是我的爱好之一
Photography is one of my hobbies.
我把那间房♥子作为黑室
I have made my dark room up there.
多么循规蹈矩的年轻小姐啊
What an observant young lady one has come upon.
里面的光线很昏暗 非常阴森恐怖
It was so lonely and eerie in this dim light
我很害怕 于是跑了出来
that I was frightened and ran out again.
心里还是很害怕
It's so dreadfully still in there.
只是这些?
Only that?
怎么了?你认为还有什么原因?
Why,yes,what do you think,what other reason?
你觉得我为什么要锁上门?
Why do you think I keep that door locked?
我确实不知道
I'm sure I don't know.
为了不让无关的人进去
It is to keep people out who have no business there,
你明白吗?
do you see?
要是我早知道
I'm sure if I had known
你现在知道了
Well,you know now.
如果你再敢踏上那台阶
And if you ever set foot across that threshold again,
我就把你扔给看门犬
I'll throw you to the mastiff.
我太害怕了不知道该怎么办
I was so terrified that I didn't know what to do.
然后我想到了你 福尔摩斯先生
Then I thought of you,Mr. Holmes.
我今早从那里轻易脱身
I had no difficulty in getting leave to come
来到温切斯特
to Winchester this morning,
但我必须在3点之前回去
but I must be back by 3:00 o'clock,
因为鲁卡斯尔夫妇要去别人家拜访
for Mr. and Mrs. Rucastle are going on a visit
所以整夜都不回来
and will be away all evening,
我得照顾孩子
so that I must look after the child.
我把我的奇遇都告诉给你了 福尔摩斯先生
Now I've told you all of my adventures,Mr. Holmes.
到底是怎么回事 我该怎么办?
What does it mean,and what should I do?
那个少有言语的孩子爱德华有朋友吗?
Does the unspeakable child Edward have a friend?
有
Yes,uh,
农场里一个同样可怕的孩子
an equally unpleasant child at one of the farm cottages.
太好了
Splendid.
华生医生和我会在4点半
Dr. Watson and I will arrive at the Copper Beeches
准时到达铜山毛榉
at 4:30 precisely.
但在我们到达之前 有一两件事
But before then,there are one or two things
我希望你去做
I should like you to do.
如果我不是认为你一位卓越的女性
剧集 | 福尔摩斯历险记(1984) | 导航列表