prostrate on his bed clutching a newspaper?
准确点说是
More precisely the remains of a newspaper
他撕下的报纸条
for he had torn it to shreds.
撕成报纸条
Torn to shreds.
你还记得报纸上的内容吗?
Do you recall the contents of this newspaper at all?
不记得了 但我发现了些新的情况
No,I'm afraid not even if I'd known what I was looking for.
什么时候呢?
When was this?
几周之前
It was some weeks ago,
好像是五月初
the beginning of May I think.
时间一天天过去
Gradually as time passed
他的恐惧似乎逐渐消失了
his fears appeared to die away
他又恢复了常态
and he renewed his former habits.
晚安 特里维廉医生
Good evening Dr. Travelian.
外面天气多好啊
Wonderful evening outside.
我又开始出去散步了
I'm beginning to enjoy my walks again.
然后突如其来地一件事
And then suddenly a fresh event reduced him
让他就此卧床不起
to the pitiable state of prostration
知道现在
in which he now lies.
事情是这样的 昨天我收到一封信
What happened was yesterday I received this letter
一位侨居在英国的俄♥罗♥斯♥贵族寄来的
from a Russian nobleman now resident in England
他深受强直性昏厥病的折磨
who suffers from catalepsy.
他在信中写道亟愿到我处就医
In it he announces his intention of visiting me
准备明晚六点一刻左右
for a consultation this very evening
前往就诊
at a quarter past six.
由于对强直症进行研究的主要困难
Because of the chief difficulty in the study of catalepsy
在于这种疾病是罕见的
and the rareness of the disease
你可以相信 在约定时间那时
you may believe that at the appointed hour
我已经心焦地等候在我的诊室里
I was eager to receive the patient.
晚上好啊 先生
Good evening gentlemen.
我是特里维廉医生 我想
I'm Dr. Travelian and it was you sir
就是阁下给我写的信吧?
I assume who wrote to me?
医生 我的父亲很少说英语的
My father speaks very little English doctor,
所以希望你不介意我陪他进来
so I trust you will excuse my coming in with him
他的健康问题
as his health is a matter
对我是极重要的事情
of the most overwhelming importance to me.
是的 这个我清楚 先生
Yes,I respect that sir.
芬顿
Fenton,
或许在诊治时 你愿意留在诊室里吧?
perhaps you would like to join us for the consultation?
不行 绝对不行
Nyet,nyet,not for all of the world.
我受不了这种痛苦
It is more painful to me than I can express.
如果我看到我父亲
If I were to see my father in one of those
疾病发作时那种可怕的样子
dreadful seizures I am convinced
我相信我是忍♥受不了的
I would never survive it.
我自己的神经官能
My own nervous system
也十分敏感
is an exceptionally sensitive one.
你如允许
With your permission I will remain
在你给我父亲诊治时
in your waiting room while you go into my father's case.
我可以在候诊室里等候
in your waiting room while you go into my father's case.
好的 当然可以啦
Yes,of course.
谢谢 医生
thank you doctor.
谢谢你 芬顿
Thank you Fenton.
现在先生 请允许我
Now sir,I hope you will forgive me
问你几个基本的问题
if I ask you a few basic questions.
首先 你能告诉我你的年龄吗?
First,can you tell me your age?
Sixty-seven.
除了强直性昏厥病
And apart from catalepsy
你是否觉得自己身体健壮呢?
would you say you are physically sound?
也就是说你的身体还好吗?
Normally do you have good health?
嗯 没有头痛?
Um,no headaches?
腹痛呢?
Abdominal pain?
有没有感觉到疼痛?
Any pain at all?
没有
No.
很好
Good.
首先我要给你做个全身检查
Naturally I will examine you thoroughly
但这只是初步检查
but this is merely a preliminary.
你抽雪茄吗?
Do you smoke cigars?
是的
Yes.
你喝酒吗?
Do you drink alcohol?
伏特加
Vodka.
伏特加?
Vodka?
我知道了
I see.
每天?
Every day?
我没想到…
I didn't expect...
我最初的感觉是既怜悯又害怕
my first feeling was one of pity and horror.
后来 我的职业兴趣
My second I fear was rather
占了上风
one of professional satisfaction.
哪一方面都没有发现与我以前所诊断的
There was nothing markedly abnormal in his condition
这种病例有不一致的现象
which had harmonized with my former experiences.
在之前类似的病例中 我使用
I had obtained good results in such cases.
烷基亚硝酸吸入剂 取得了良好的疗效
By the inhalation of nitrite of alma
现在似乎正是试验
and the present seemed an admirable opportunity
它疗效的极好机会
of testing its virtues.
先生 我相信你能听见我
Now sir,I believe you can hear me.
我很快就会回来
I should be back directly rest assured.
芬顿
Fenton,
芬顿 芬顿 过来
Fenton,Fenton immediately.
芬顿 你15分钟之前
Fenton,the two gentlemen you showed in
带上来那两位先生
less than 15 minutes ago,
你见到他们走了吗?
did you see them leave?
走?没有啊 先生
Leave,no sir.
你确定?
Are you sure?
我确定 先生
I'm positive sir.
晚上好啊 特里维廉医生
Good evening Dr. Travelian.
晚上好 布莱星顿先生
Good evening Mr. Blessington
你今天的散步如何呢?
and how was your walk today?
有点小雨 但还是很愉快的
A little rain but very amiable my good sir.
非常愉快
Very amiable.
你听到他们离开吗?
Did you hear them leave?
没有 先生
No,sir.
我不在大厅附近
I was nowhere near the hall.
你不应该离开的
Well you should have been.
这是你的职责
That is your duty.
我知道你是刚来的 但现在你应该记住了
Now I know you are new here but you should know by now.
医生 医生
Doctor! doctor!
医生 医生
doctor! doctor!
有人进过我的房♥间
Someone has been in my room.
没有人进过你的房♥间 先生
No one has been in your room sir.
说谎
A lie.
你在说谎
You're lying to me.
我向你保证我没有
I assure you I am not.
芬顿 你进过布莱星顿先生的房♥间吗?
Fenton,have you been in Mr. Blessington's room?
我肯定没有
Of course I haven't.
我就说 你听到了吧
There you are you see.
你自己上来看下吧
Then come up and see for yourself.
什么事 先生
Now sir.
看下那里吧
Look at those.
你敢说这是我的脚印?
Are you telling me that they're mine?
嗯 一眼看上去
Well at first glance they do appear
这的确大了点 不是你的
to be too large for you.
这些肯定不是我的脚印
Of course they're not mine.
我从来都是在前门脱套鞋的
I always remove my galoshes at the front door.
有什么被盗的吗?
Has anything been stolen?
没有 但这个不是重点
No,but that's not the point.
没有东西被盗?
Nothing has been stolen?
我的隐私被陌生人侵犯了
My privacy has been invaded by a stranger,
这还不够吗?
is that not enough?
布莱星顿先生?
Mr. Blessington?
布莱星顿先生?
Mr. Blessington?
你给我出去 我要单独呆会 出去
Leave me alone,go away and leave me alone.
我相信我能帮上什么忙的
Surely there's something I can do to help.
要我叫警♥察♥吗?
Shall I call the police?
剧集 | 福尔摩斯历险记(1984) | 导航列表